Cape Canaveral Travel Answers

change location

transportation from fort lauderdale to Cape Canaveral

by caij854 Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 9:17 PM

To Cruise out of Cape Canaveral, my family is flying to Fort Laderdale. Could you lpease advice as which way is best:

1. 1 way car rental from Fort Lauderdale, and drop off in Cape Cabveral, and checking into hotel the night before aborad the Cruise line. 1 Way car rental again, to go back Fort Lauderdale to fly back home.
2. Keep the rental car for the entire 7 days.
3. Should I stay at Fort Lauderdale or Cape Canveral before and after the Cruise for extra days.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from fort lauderdale to Cape Canaveral

by TheTravelSlut Online Now Oct 17, 2007 at 8:54 AM

Any of the options will work but I would think that #2 would be the most practical provided you get a better rate for a 7 day rental than a one-way with possible drop charges.

I'd definitely stay one more day in the Cape and go see and do NASA/Kennedy Space Center. As for FLL---if you have a red-eye flight then just drive it from the Cape, return the car and get your flight. Otherwise, keep the car and see some of the sights perhaps the Everglades and a airboat ride?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • OttonJana's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from fort lauderdale to Cape Canaveral

by OttonJana Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 6:37 PM

4 day cruise? Rental car - You will have to park it and pay the40 park fee plus paying for 4 days of not using it. Cruises usually leave in the afternoon and return before noon so Ft Lauderdale might be your better option for overnighting. Drive over to Lauderdale by the Sea or downtown to Riverside and enjoy the restaurants, bars or beach. Less options in Canaveral. There is Cocoa and the pier if that stricks your fancy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines