change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ebehenna's Profile Photo

Halifax city busses

Halifax Mar 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Am looking to take city bus from Scotia Square Terminal to Lord Nelson Hotel in near future. How would I go about it? And thanks.

more
    • ebehenna's Profile Photo

City busses

Halifax Mar 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Pomerol, where do I pick up "Bus 14" in Scotia Square? Will be dropped off there by Metro X bus from airport. Thanks.

more
    • Reccommend a plce to visit

Halifax Apr 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hi we are in Halifax for a short day in July, it seems Peggy Cove is over rated so was considering taking a Tall Ship tour ,Thoughts please and is it easy to do your own rather than an excursion with the cruise ship we are on. Thanks in advance :)

more
    • travel advice wanted

by michaelmargie Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM

we are coming from australia to nova scotia. i am thinking i want to do halifax, the highest tide at fundy, cape breton and perhaps the celtic trail by push bike. how would be best to go about this and what else must i see.

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • late fall foliage

by snikib Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Are the leaves still on the trees in the cabot trail? Was going to go tomorrow, October 26.

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    • Fall in cabot trail

by hamad11 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I'm planning to visit cabot trail this friday the 11th of october. did the trees leaves get coloured or it's still green? and what is the best time to see the coloured trees?

Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    • New Years in Cape Breton

by karenknight Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Two couples, love upscale charming, few days and nights in Cape Breton, January 1-4, 21013, any ideas?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • Hotels in Cape Breton

by BDunson Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

What can you tell me about The Silver Dart Lodge and The Normaway Inn?

• Going Green--How to get around the Cabot Trail without a Car and no bikes

by lisafedele Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM

We are coming by train and are travelling with 4 kids. We can't bike the Cabot Trail and don't want to rent a car. Our plan is tocamp at Brodcove near Ingonish in the National Park and bike around enjoy the beaches and hiking trails then pack-up after a week and hit another camping location near a beach.

We can't bike the trail with the kids or lug all our camping equipment on the bikes. We need to get from Thuro to Ingonish with 6 bikes, our bags, tent and camping gear. Ha! Going green is not easy.

I expected the Cabot Trail to have daily "Shuttles" or at least taxi service from point A to point B. I can't even get to Inongish! A ferry from Sydney to Inongish would be great but there is none despite there being a town called Ingonish Ferry (Google that and wonder why there is no schedule posted!)

Any insight? We plan to leave in a few days. Renting a van doesn't even solve the problem because we can't bring 6 bikes in the van unless we add roof racks and back racks.

Thank you,

Lisa

4 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    • Need help with two more things for my itinerary.

by pogopat Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM

This is my iternary so far:

Arrive at Halifax airport on Thurs Aug 12...overnight At Sea Kindly B & B in New Glascow

Friday Aug 13...drive around Cape George and then cross to CBI and go up Rt 19 to Maragree Harbor Area.
      Overnight on Aug 13, 14 and 15 at Ocean Haven B & B in Maragree area.
      While in this area...enjoy the music!!!, whale watch, hike, kayak hopefully....

Monday...August 16th....trying to decide where to go...area from Neil's Harbor to St. Ann's possibly??? How is the kayaking and hiking on this side????

Tuesday...Fortress of Lousiburg and the show that night. Stay at the Stacey House
      overnight.

Wed..return to main island by route #4....overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport.

Thurs morning...fly home.

Would appreciate suggestions on where to stay on the 16th of Aug...and also...anything we should NOT miss on that last day we are returning to the main island...along the way down Rt #4.

3 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    • stop over in maritimes too expensive

by Muffyrabbit Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Can anyone advise me on the cheapest way to stop over and visit the maritimes for a week or two on the way back from visiting relatives in Vancouver late August September? Looking at multitrips with Air Canada is coming out at £1656.00!!!!!!
      If I fly London to Vancouver and break the return journey in Toronto it is only £665.00! Can you help with the best internal flights or other travel that will be cheaper and also would it be best to get to Halifax or St John's or any where else? Any travel advice much appreciated. We love to visit Canada and have been to BC several times but have never ventured into Eastern Canada

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    • Camping- Chéticamp vs Broad Cove / Ingonish

by stillbrewing Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

My wife & I are planning to camp 2 nights in Cape Breton Highlands National Park in early August and are trying to decide which of the 2 areas above would be best.

We would prefer to stay on the west coast (Cheticamp), but want a campsite on/near the coastline (Ingonish).

We want the best location for stunning scenery & a good selection of hiking trails. A good beach would be a bonus. Also, would the water be warmer on the Gulf side rather than the Atlantic side ?

Can anyone suggest one "side" over the other ?

Thanks !

2 Answers Sep 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    • Little Black Flies That Bite!

by lottahose Online Now Jun 1, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Hello,

We recently purchased a home on Cape Breton Island and will be moving there next year. We are spending the summer this year and my husband is already there. He is working on the acreage and has experienced those little black flies that bite! Does anyone know if there is a way to #1 reduce the numbers on a property and #2 Is there a bug spray or other kind of repellent that actually works against these little buggers?? ouch! Any help you could give would be really great! Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    • Most efficient way to drive to Cape Breton

by NewEngland04 Online Now Sep 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM

This question is about the most efficient way to travel to Cape Breton Island by automobile. My son has moved to the island and I would like him to have his car.

From the research I've done today, it seems that I could save time by taking a ferry from Portland, Maine to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia rather than driving the entire way.

I would greatly appreciate other considerations or advice you may have. Thanks very much in advance!

2 Answers Sep 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Cape Breton Questions

by lakeside44 Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Hi there,

I am interested in exploring Cape Breton Island, and wanted to ask these very basic questions:

a) What is the best time(s) of year to check out Cape Breton?
      b) What is the most optimal number of days to allot for exploring the Island (to get a decent fill of what it has to offer)? For example, could I get a good grasp of what the island has to offer in an extended weekend (4-day) trip, or should it be a minimum of one week, etc.?
      c) What in your opinion are the not-to-be-missed places on the Island?

Best,
      Joe

email: Joseph_McGlinchey@brown.edu

6 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    • ashakasey's Profile Photo

Want to visit Cape Breton 2008 and I need HELP!

by ashakasey Online Now May 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM

We are traveling to Bar Harbour ME from NJ. From there we are taking the ferry " The Cat ". to Nova Scotia. We would like to visit Cape Breton.
      1. Bar Harbor- any ideas of where to stay by the water. Restaurants?
      2. Anybody go on " The Cat"? How was it?
      3. Cape Breton. Where to stay, restaurants to go to . Good lobster places to eat?
      4. ANY INFO is a great help! I have never been to any of the above places and I don't have a lot of$$$$$. Pls reply.
      Thank you.......

4 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • Where is "The Barn" ??

by Ballyshannon Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 5:37 PM

I'm an Irish/Celtic musician planning a trip to Cape Breton and have heard a lot about The Barn but can't find any info about the location. Where is it?

Sláinte,
      Donnacadh

3 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 5:04 AM
    • Looking for Ghost Walks along the Cabot Trail- Information?

by Anna_07 Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 7:48 PM

We are planning a weekend get-away on the weekend of October 12th and was wondering if anyone might know of any ghost-walks happening anywhere along the trail? Perhaps in Cheticamp or St. Ann's? Or maybe known stories of places in the area said to be haunted? Any info in this area would be appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 4, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    • driving to Cape Breton from Portland, Maine...

by danikr129 Online Now Aug 1, 2007 at 4:34 PM

My boyfriend and i are going to drive to Cape Breton for a week's worth of backcountry camping. mapquest says that it takes 11 hours to get there...is that true? if so, where is a good spot to camp halfway from portland to say..baddeck?? we dont have to camp on the way up, any suggestions of a nice town/city to stay in would be awesome! and if anyone knows any amazing backcountry hikes in CB i would greatly appreciate it!!

3 Answers Aug 5, 2007 at 6:48 PM
    • hiker needs tips

by missyfrancis Online Now Jun 24, 2007 at 8:47 AM

hi, iam planning on goin to north river water falls in north river
      provincial park. I hear the trail is long and hard. My sister and our
      husbands are going.I was woundring if you knew anything we should bring
      with us,tips or just stuff we should be aware of.
      THANKYOU
      Melissa

1 Answer Dec 24, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    • Siobhan88's Profile Photo

Fiddle Tune

by Siobhan88 Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 5:43 AM

Oye, it's good to have finally found a Cape Breton forum.

I have a music question for ANYBODY who's seen a TV commercial recently aired in the U.S... it's a vacation commercial with a fiddle tune playing in the background that I can't seem to find anywhere. I've been sifting through disk after disk of music from Nova Scotia online and at my local library, and I keep drawing blanks. In the commercial, you see the fiddler and friends playing for a few seconds - the fiddler, I believe, is a lad, and he's wearing a blue shirt.

If anybody has a clue what I'm talking about and/or knows the title of the song, I'd be much obliged if you'd pass it along.
      Thanks Friends!

~ Siobhan

2 Answers Jul 23, 2006 at 5:44 AM
    • KingRay3's Profile Photo

Places to stay

by KingRay3 Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 3:40 PM

I would like to rent a cottage/house type of place next summer on Cape Breton. If anyone has advice on this, please let me know. I am looking for information on best town, location, preferably by the beach or lake. Should accomodate 4 people and can be up to 2000 CDN for a week. I am thinking of late August too, and would like to know what time of year is the best to visit Cape Breton.

Thanks
      Ray

3 Answers Dec 17, 2005 at 3:01 AM
    • Knot's Profile Photo

Can you recommend a campground?

by Knot Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 10:26 AM

Hello
      I am looking for a campground in Cape Breton, near Cabot Trail, for 3 days in July (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). Can you suggest a campground? Ideally we want to stay near Margaree Forks or Dunvegan. I can't find pictures for any campsites in these areas. I saw some nice campgrounds in Cheticamp, but this is a little further north than where we wanted to base our camp. Does Cheticamp have the best campgrounds? We are looking for nice, scenic, quiet sites, and want to stay away from the "family-oriented" campgrounds that have playgrounds and pools, and recreation centers. We don't need a campground with so many services and amenities -- just potable water and flush toilets! Please recommend a campground! Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 7, 2005 at 10:23 AM
    • Cape Breton Island or the Lighthouse tour

by Bojo Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 7:50 PM

If you only have one week, where should I spend my time? I enjoy hiking, the coast and historical buildings. I do love lighthouses but definitely want to avoid really touristy areas. Don't want to follow a tour bus around while on vacation and don't want to have the views blocked by condos and big hotels. I prefer outdoor activities to the the city nightlife. Any suggestions on what to do and where to stay? Thanks

5 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    • Traveling from Maine

by roisin77 Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 7:49 AM

Hi there~ My boyfriend and I are headed to Ingonish on Cape Breton Island for a week's vacation. We'll be leaving from Bar Harbor, Maine, and were wondering how long the journey would be. Any ideas? Also, we plan on skiing while we're up there, but we're open to any other suggested activities for this time of year. Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 30, 2004 at 4:34 PM
    • Bring My Guitar?

by verybigv Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 11:14 AM

I'll be in Cape Breton this summer. I am a fairly good guitar player. If I bring my guitar will someone show me some Cape Breton licks?

2 Answers Apr 26, 2005 at 6:16 AM
    • BlondeBomber's Profile Photo

Cape Breton Highlands Opening Date

by BlondeBomber Online Now May 16, 2004 at 7:54 PM

Does anybody know when the camping season in the Cape Breton National Highlands begins? I was wanting to plan a camping trip this May long weekend and wanted to know if I can do so. Any information would be appreciated.

1 Answer May 18, 2004 at 3:25 AM