Cape Breton Island Travel Answers

change location

Need help with two more things for my itinerary.

by pogopat Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM

This is my iternary so far:

Arrive at Halifax airport on Thurs Aug 12...overnight At Sea Kindly B & B in New Glascow

Friday Aug 13...drive around Cape George and then cross to CBI and go up Rt 19 to Maragree Harbor Area.
Overnight on Aug 13, 14 and 15 at Ocean Haven B & B in Maragree area.
While in this area...enjoy the music!!!, whale watch, hike, kayak hopefully....

Monday...August 16th....trying to decide where to go...area from Neil's Harbor to St. Ann's possibly??? How is the kayaking and hiking on this side????

Tuesday...Fortress of Lousiburg and the show that night. Stay at the Stacey House
overnight.

Wed..return to main island by route #4....overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport.

Thurs morning...fly home.

Would appreciate suggestions on where to stay on the 16th of Aug...and also...anything we should NOT miss on that last day we are returning to the main island...along the way down Rt #4.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Re: Need help with two more things for my itinerary.

by Faiza-Ifrah Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 5:44 PM

i suggest you write directly to VT member 'Aafia'

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

by Tricky_Dicky69 Online Now Jun 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hi, sounds like a nice trip, it's shame that you don't have more time as you are missing out on so much. That's always the way though, if you has 3 weeks then you could still fill the time with good stuff. New Glasgow to Margaree Harbour won't take too long so you will have time to do things along the way. We stayed just a little further north at Cheticamp, also for 3 nights. Don't miss The Skyline Trail which is just a few miles north of Cheticamp and signposted right off the Cabot trail. It's a fairly short hike but the views are amazing.

We drove from Cheticamp round past Neil's Harbour then right down past St. Anns and only paused briefly for a few short stops along the way. To be honest there wasn't much to tempt us to stop. We ended up staying 1 night at North Sydney but again not much there. We changed our plans and went to Baddeck which was fab - shame we couldn't stay longer. There is a nice hike just north of Baddeck which goes through the woods and up to some nice waterfalls. We stopped off at Port Hawksbury for one night and then 3 nights at Liscomb ( route 7 on the south shore ) in a 2 bed cottage right by the water for a chill out at the end of our trip. The cottage comes with it's own kayaks and a rowing boat, it was bliss. Shame that you are missing out on Halifax as well - unless you have already been there.

I'm no expert but would be happy to aswer any other questions that you may have.

Enjoy!

• babygrand's Profile Photo

by babygrand Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Would strongly recommend you not pass up the Cabot Trail, unless you are travelling with small kids who really don't like driving. The views, expecially on a nice day are unbelievable. Glad to see you are allowing a day for Louisbourg...just got back, and it's as great as I remember from years ago. The previous post has good tips. I didn't know about that cottage set, we stayed at Hunter's Mountain Chalets. Very nice, clean, pleasant hosts. two bedrooms, living and kitchen with nice deck, patio furniture and BBQ. cost about225 for two days. Nice location right on the Cabot Trail.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cape Breton Island