Cape Breton Island Travel Answers

change location
Knot's Profile Photo

Can you recommend a campground?

by Knot Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 10:26 AM

Hello
I am looking for a campground in Cape Breton, near Cabot Trail, for 3 days in July (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). Can you suggest a campground? Ideally we want to stay near Margaree Forks or Dunvegan. I can't find pictures for any campsites in these areas. I saw some nice campgrounds in Cheticamp, but this is a little further north than where we wanted to base our camp. Does Cheticamp have the best campgrounds? We are looking for nice, scenic, quiet sites, and want to stay away from the "family-oriented" campgrounds that have playgrounds and pools, and recreation centers. We don't need a campground with so many services and amenities -- just potable water and flush toilets! Please recommend a campground! Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Can you recommend a campground?

by ltt Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 1:57 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Northshorewind's Profile Photo

RE: Can you recommend a campground?

by Northshorewind Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 6:11 AM

The camp sites in Cape Breton Highlands National Park are your best bet, Cheticamp included. These sites are scenic, quiet and the best the island has to offer...its worth the drive...

• geigen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Can you recommend a campground?

by geigen Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 10:23 AM

I agree with Northshorewind. The Macleod's is family oriented - although very nice. It is very pretty farther north and perhaps better if you don't have little people with you.

Geigen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cape Breton Island