Capas Travel Answers

change location

From UK to Capas

by saucydennis Online Now Apr 28, 2006 at 12:49 PM

I am moving to Central Luzon with my Filipino girlfriend of two years to get married and set up home. We are due to fly to The Philippines in early May and are seeking help in locating suitable property to buy.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

RE: From UK to Capas

by StefanosS Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 11:40 AM

A good option is the ad-paper Buy & Sell and their special edition Property finder. Although, you will find there properties mainly close to or in Metro Manila and in touristic areas. Be careful with R.E.agents, they overprice foreigners. Also, almost all Philippinos will answer you "yes, I am agent", just trying to have some commission and they will take you to places far away from what you want.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rae_pinioco's Profile Photo

RE: From UK to Capas

by rae_pinioco Online Now May 1, 2006 at 11:33 AM

Are you planning to stay in Manila or Capas? If you plan to stay in Manila, the the Buy and Sell Ads Paper will serve you well. If you plan to stay in Capas, then it would be better for you to scout around there in Capas. Outside of Manila, there are hardly any real estate publications. There are hardly any Capas properties advertised in Buy and Sell. But I'm thinking that properties in Capas should be quite affordable. Anything above 5,000 pesos per square meter will be too much. I guess your girlfriend will be able to help you with the negotiations.
    I do take exception to the greek guy's comment about Filipinos. We are not the cheats that he portrays us to be. I guess he just attracts the wrong types of people. We are a very hospitable people and people like me are willing to help foreigners if only to correct others' misperceptions. Do email me at rae_pinioco@yahoo.com if you need more help. I'm not a real estate agent, but I can try to locate some properties for you in our other newspapers. Good luck.

Rae

• RE: From UK to Capas

by Pabloyuzhno Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 4:46 AM

I have property in Philippines now for 17 years and a lot of experience in all the pitfalls.
    Just be warned, the way you approach this with an Internet ad shows that you are on the wrong track, will end up paying way too much and eventually buy a place you will regret.
    Just take your time, lots of time. It took me 3 years before I found the spot I liked and it took me another 4 years before construction was finished.
    Consider the location:
    - close to family is handy, but not always nice, you get lots of visitors all the time (= no privacy)
    - Inside the city, outside.. ??? Big differences in security, price, size.
    - Landownership: Make sure you have a clean title on the land.
    - Sealevel (humid but nice) or higher (cooler and cleaner but more difficult)
    THere are a hundred things to consider.
    I ended up with a 3 hectare place on a very small island. Ideal, but I still think that I should have looked furhter.
    Have fun.
    P

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines