Cap-d'Ail Travel Answers

change location

holland

by tomjazz Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 6:34 AM

dear members,i have a difficult question,j,ai travaille 40 ans passe a centre mediterraneen a cap d,ail.j,ai souvent visite la plage avec des etudents et parle beaucoup avecNINO le proprietier de restaurent(un ami)j,ai travaille au centre avec TONY VOS aussi une hollandais pendent 3 annee,s.il y a beaucoup change je pense mail tu conet de persones qui j,ai dier?au centre j,ai suis receptionist telephonist et au bar le soir.je suis tres curieus.?a bientot j,esperre.tom schoemaker.(p.s.mon tends au plage chez vous cette le plus bon tends en mon vie)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Re: holland

by tango_jd Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 7:43 AM

In case it helps - Alta Vista's Babel Fish translator show the post to read:

I have work 40 years passes has Mediterranean center has course d' garlic.
    I often have visit the beach with etudents and speaks much with NINO the proprietier about restore (a friend)
    I have work in the center with TONY YOUR also Dutch hang 3 year, s' there is much change I think email you conet people who I have dier? in the center J, have am receptionist telephonist and with the bar the evening. I am very curieus.?
    have soon I esperre.tom schoemaker. (p.s.mon tend to the beach on your premise this good tend in my life)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Hmmmn, between the use of the "," as an accent and what I believe is non-native French, this is what I think the OP is saying:

"I worked 40 years ago at a Mediterranean center at Cap d'Ail (a small seaside town near Monaco). I often visited the beach with some students and spoke a lot with Nino, the owner of a restaurant (a friend). I worked in the center with Tony Vos (and) also a Dutch girl (for?) three years. I think there (must be) a lot of changes, but do you know the people I'm talking about? In the center I was the telephone receptionist and (I was) in the bar during the evenings. Farewell, I hope. Tom Schoemaker. (P.S. my (time?) at the beach with you (was) the best (time) of my life)"

OK, French speakers, how does that sound to you? ;-)

Bill

• zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo

by zone_de_guerre Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Je ne suis pas sure si tu me comprends mais utilise le site www.infobel.com peut etre pour chercher pour un numero du telephone ou les pages jaunes?

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 8:23 PM

O....Pedrissimo, maybe it is not good French, but it's the French Tom remembers from 40 years ago...think of the romance of looking for old friends from your "childhood" heh heh...il ha le cœur d'un romatique!

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines