more
    • Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

which one is much better. or is it worth to see all of them in one day

more
    • Lugano on a Sunday in May

Lugano Mar 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are 3 women freinds meeting after 7 years apart. Arrive sunday mid-morning by train and leave monday afternoon. On a budget for hotel and don't like hughe business like hotels but would like breakfast on Monday. Spa life makes talking and sharing hard so that's out. Brunch in a lovely Restaurant on Sunday is a must. With nice weather the Park Civico or Mont Bre? Boat ride? Any Museums open on Sunday? We are all different when it comes to sport levels so hiking is out. Shopping on Monday what else?
      Any suggestions on hotels, activities etc?

more
    • Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

Lugano Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

more
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

Lugano Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

Lugano Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

more

Popular Cantone Ticino Travel Answer Locations

• Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

Lugano Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • snow around mid-April near Locarno

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Where can we expect to find snow around mid-April near Locarno

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

which one is much better. or is it worth to see all of them in one day

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

Lugano Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

1 Answer Mar 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

Lugano Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Lugano on a Sunday in May

Lugano Mar 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are 3 women freinds meeting after 7 years apart. Arrive sunday mid-morning by train and leave monday afternoon. On a budget for hotel and don't like hughe business like hotels but would like breakfast on Monday. Spa life makes talking and sharing hard so that's out. Brunch in a lovely Restaurant on Sunday is a must. With nice weather the Park Civico or Mont Bre? Boat ride? Any Museums open on Sunday? We are all different when it comes to sport levels so hiking is out. Shopping on Monday what else?
      Any suggestions on hotels, activities etc?

1 Answer Mar 21, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • blume2013's Profile Photo

small wedding

Cantone Ticino Oct 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM

need to find a hair dresser who also will do my makeup ...for a small wedding .....looking in the malcantone area?
      Also what flowers for my hair will go with a coral dress?
      and jewelry? can anyone help ?
      kind regards

• blume2013's Profile Photo

need Help please

Cantone Ticino Aug 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Having a small family wedding in Malcantone Ticino, would like to ask if anyone knows a nice friendly place where I can have an after wedding aperatif ( where they will decorate the table pretty with flowers ) and some simple food to eat must be a nice friendly place please help thankyou :-)

• Lugano or zurich

Lugano Aug 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Going from st.moritz to Venice should I stay at Zurich or Lugano?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    • Lugano or zurich

Lugano Aug 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Going from st.moritz to Venice should I stay at Zurich or Lugano?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • Activities in lugano

Lugano Aug 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hi
      What activities I could do in lugano &
      Is there any sky diving or bungee jump places that I could go too?

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • 3 days to spend in Lugano

Lugano Jul 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM

We are visiting Lugano for 3 days from August 5th 2013.We like cycling and sailing and some walking & art or museums but also want to rest & read books etc. Could you suggest an itinerary? Can we hire bikes & a sailing boat on the lake? We are staying in Lugano itself.
      Many thanks
      HP

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • What is the best (nicest) driving route from Flims, Switzerland to Lugano?

Lugano Jul 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Flims at the end of july and will drive from there to Lugano. I would like to hear your opinion and know what is the nicest driving route that I should use?

Thanks=)

4 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • maria_hz's Profile Photo

Best way to get from Lugano to Serpiano or Milan/Malpensa to Serpiano?

Cantone Ticino May 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

A while ago I posted a question about getting from Milan's Malpensa Airport to Lugano, and got some good replies.
      Then when I checked about getting to the hotel, I realised that getting to Lugano was the easy bit, getting to the hotel in Serpiano was the difficult part... The hotel suggested I take the shuttle bus from Malpensa to Mendrisio and from there a bus service to the hotel.
      That is fine, but my flight arrives in the morning, meaning that I would have to wait from until night before getting a connection that will actually stop in Mendrisio.
      Do you have any good suggestions on how to either get from Lugano to Serpiano (Albergo Serpiano) or from Malpensa to Serpiano?
      Bearing then in mind that my Italian is on the level "can understand some written language" ;)
      Thanks a million :)

4 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    • maria_hz's Profile Photo

Best connection between Milan (Malpensa) and Lugano?

Lugano Apr 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Going to Lugano in June, and the best option seems a flight into Milan/Malpensa. Now I am wondering about the best way to get from the airport to Lugano, and back again. Are there any buses or trains that operate between the airport and Lugano? How about prices? Can I buy tickets in advance? Websites in English?
      Thanks a million in advance!

9 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • omaralonsouy's Profile Photo

Day trip to Lugano

Lugano Oct 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Hello all,

I will visit Lugano on 29 October (monday), from 10 am to 7 pm. Will be traveling by train from Milan. Would like some advice on things to do in the city and surroundings. Unfortunately I noticed that the Bernina Express Rail Tour is not available on mondays. Is there another tour I can make in order to see nice mountain views?
      Best,
      Omar

4 Answers Oct 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    • Christmas in Locarno?

Locarno Oct 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hi

A friend and I would like to spend three or four days in Locarno over Christmas. I've been before, but a friend has told me that restaurants and bars will be closed over this period (24 - 31 December). Is this true? We don't need a huge variety of options but we will need to eat out and hopefully spend night or two in the bars as well as finding B&B within a couple of kilometres of the town.

Can anyone advise me? Would Lugano or Ascona be better options?

Thank you!

6 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    • Vacation Rental in Locarno

Locarno Aug 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM

We are looking for a vacation rental in Locarno, Switzerland close to the center as we use public transportation to explore the area. Does anyone have any recommendations for a vacation flat or condo? If not in Switzerland is there a town in Italy close to the border that would have access to the train line to Locarno. It would wonderful to have a view of the lake.

3 Answers Sep 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    • Speciality

Lugano Aug 26, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Could someone tell me what's the speciality of Lugano please?
      kkcandle

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Flea Market in Lugano

Lugano Aug 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Could someone tell me is there any interesting flea market in Lugano please?
      I know the Luino flea market is on Wednesday but our visit will be from Friday to Sunday, leaving Monday, therefore I would really appreciate if someone could tell me where to visit the flea market.
      kkcandle

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • angela6571's Profile Photo

Horseback Riding in Lugano??

Lugano Apr 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM

One of my travel companions is looking to do some horseback riding while we are in Switzerland. Does anyone know if there are any outfitters in Lugano?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    • Best way from lugano to brig ?

Lugano Apr 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Dear sirs
      On May 3 , my wife & me are expected to be in Lugano,
      We need to get some time after noon (night) to Brig to sleep over the night, in order to get in the morning (May 4 - 10:18 am) on the Glacer Expres, heading towrd Chur.
      We have no car, so I' d like to get your deatailed advice about the best & fast way to get from Lugano to Brig ?!
      Thanks in advance
      Meir Naaman

2 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM
    • visa

Lugano Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I would like to visit today April 1 2012 do I need a visa?

2 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    • visa

Lugano Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I would like to visit today April 1 2012 do I need a visa?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM
    • jserel's Profile Photo

Looking for palce to snowboard for the day in Ticino.

Cantone Ticino Feb 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hello,

Can anyone help me decide where would be best for one day of snowboarding in the Ticino Cantone?

We will be traveling by train early in the morning from Zurich making our way to Como for later that night. We wanted to stop for the day at a mountain to hit the slopes. We are concerned with accessibility given that we are traveling by train (then I suppose by bus to get to the mountain?).

Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    • swisstone's Profile Photo

Currency

Lugano Oct 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Hi,
      I am visiting Italy next week and there is an included day trip to Lugano.
      My question is should I get some swiss francs? Or do the Restaurants/cafes/shops accept euros? For just a single day trip I really do not know how much I would need? (Or if not to bother if they accept euros?)
      I would only need to buy lunch and a couple of beers/coffees!
      Any advice greatly accepted.

Thanks,
      Tony

4 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    • cruise to Ascona from Stresa

Ascona Aug 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM

As I read there is an option to have a cruise on a speed boat to Ascona from Stresa, how long does it take and how much it costs?
      Thanks a lot for any help!

1 Answer Aug 29, 2011 at 12:09 AM
    • transport ot san mamete valsoda

Lugano Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM

does anyone know how i get from lugano to San mamete by bus please

thanks

R

2 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • Reply please

Lugano Feb 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Is international Baggage allowed in trains or planes at lugano ?

1 Answer Feb 23, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    • Toilets in Bus Operating from Malpensa-Lugano v.v.

Lugano Feb 16, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Hi,

I will be traveling with my 4 years old daughter from Malpensa to Lugano, therefore, I would like to ask, whether there are toilets in the buses operating from Malpensa to Lugano? If yes, are the toilets usable?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 9:01 AM