Canton du Valais Travel Answers

change location

Unusual and specific enquiry: route condition

by crowning73 Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 6:38 AM

I’m very sorry to post the question again, I did post it already in the Vaud section and had great help, I just thought I may get even greater help/opinions from those who actually live in Valais and near the Italian border (Aosta Valley). So, my query:

I could end up doing many times every month the route Lausanne-Milan with an ordinary car (VW Passat), and I need an IMPARTIAL opinion about the possible routes towards Italy and particularly their condition and practicability IN WINTER (snow, rain, fog, etc...): the Grand S.Bernard pass and tunnel, the E29 once passed Martigny, the routes along the Aosta valley and possibly alternative routes like the E62 from Brig to Domodossola.

I've been told I could manage it in roughly 4hrs but as I said I'd be glad if I could have an impartial confirmation about the winter bit! Anyone done it or know someone I could contact to have more info?

(Train won’t be a total hasslefree option since I’m staying 20km from Lausanne and final destination would be 40+km from Milan central station, then transport to and from departure and arrival would affect my journey both at departure and especially arrival).

Ta very much in advance to those who might be able to help.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Canton du Valais Travel Answer Locations