change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for China Town in or close to Geneva, Switzerland

Geneva Dec 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Good morning,
      Looking for China town in Geneva or close to? Any tip to share?
      Thank you per advance.

more
    • A 6 days 5 nights itinerary in Switzerland? (Zurich, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Geneva?)

Switzerland Dec 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone. I and my friend (2 girls) will be travelling to Switzerland from 22-27January. We will be arriving in Zurich on 22Jan (22:30) and departing in Geneva on 27Jan (12:25).

We would love to see the mountains and alps (more of the nature) during our trip. We would also love to see a bit of the city part. We are confused about where we should stay for visiting the mountains and the transport. My friends recommended me to go to Appenzell, Santis, Walensee, St Moritz, Montreux and Zermatt. Really hope someone can help us with that as this is our first time going to Switzerland and planning from scratch for our trip. Any recommendations/ suggestions please? I know we sound really greedy because there seem to be a lot of nice places that we don't wanna miss! But we would also want a relaxing trip which we can really spend some decent time in the beautiful places. Please share with us your ideas... Loads of thanks! :)

more
    • jesseniart's Profile Photo

What are the most scenic hotels/lodges in Switzerland?

Switzerland Dec 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I've got a voucher of $3000 to spend on accommodation in Switzerland! I want to know of the most beautiful hotels in the country. I'm a real lover of nature and want to stay somewhere with mountain ranges and hiking opportunities.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

more

Popular Canton de Vaud Travel Answer Locations

• Lausanne-Geneva Boat Trip

Lausanne Sep 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hello! Could you please advise on whether it is worth it to take a boat trip from Lausanne to Geneva? Is it beautiful? How long does it take? What are the prices? Thank you very much for your help!

1 Answer Sep 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Dress for Montreux

Montreux Jul 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I am going to Montreux tomorrow for the jazz festival. How should I dress? What should I pack?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 2:51 AM
    • Place de la palud.

Lausanne Jul 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi read a lot bout this place.please assist me how to go ther from d place de la cathedral.m ther in laussane only from morning till evening.wanna make the best use of the attractions by foot or train.which train or bus do I take and from which point.is the swiss pass applicable for the transport in the towns.......

• carloarg02's Profile Photo

How to purchase tickets for the "Chocolate Train"?

Montreux Jun 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Hi there, I'd like to secure reservations for the Chocolate Train. I will probably be buying the 8-day Swiss pass. If I understood correctly, the tickets would be included in the Swiss pass but the actual seat reservation wouldn't.

(a) is this correct, and
      (b) where do I reserve tickets for a specific date and seat for the Chocolate Train given that I'm a Swiss pass holder

thanks!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    • Information please

Villars-sur-Ollon Jun 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Our family will be staying at Residence Panorama during December. We are not ski enthusiasts and will use the property as a basis to do sight seeing (with a rental vehicle) in the area (RCI exchange). Please advise if it is an easy drive from the nearest exit from the Autobahn to Residence Panorama. Please also advise if the parking area at Residence Panorama is close to the lobby as my husband has a back problem and cannot walk steep and long distances. Will you also please be so kind as to advise on the driving distance (and time) from Rome (Italy)

4 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • time in montruex

Montreux Jun 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Hi, I want to go to montreux, what length of stay would you recommend?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • online shopping

Vevey Jun 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

is there an online website where ican use my international credit card and get same day delivery in vevey. I am based out of india

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

Vevey May 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM

are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

• Looking for an apartment/condo holiday rental in Montreux area,

Montreux May 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Hi, I am coming to Montreux in late July and would like to find an apartment or condo to rent for 4-6 days. What is the best site to find a rental. Also, we would like to rent a car for a couple of the days (to travel around the lake and see some of the countryside, is driving in the area easy or is it very congested (busy with traffic)? Regards, Karen

6 Answers May 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • Transportation with fractured knee...

Montreux Apr 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM

How much does it cost to take a taxi from Montreux train station to chateau de chillion?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Traveling around in the canton for a week in the cheapest way

Canton de Vaud Apr 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

What is the cheapest way to travel around in the canton for a week as a tourist? 

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • I am looking for a goood wine shop in Lausanne

Lausanne Apr 22, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Please recommend me a good wine shop in Lausanne

2 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • Transport / Taxi / Funicular

Vevey Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hello,

We are staying at a flat in the Vevey area. Approximately how much is a taxi cab ride from Passage des Ateliers, Vevey, Vaud 1800, Switzerland to the Le Mirador Kepinski? Also, do taxis charger per person?

Thank you,
      Sheila

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Accommodation

Montreux Mar 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Can I get accommodation for 3 months to a family with 2 children near Montreux

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Quick response required so that I don't loose the booking ….Location ok????

Montreux Feb 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I am interested in booking this apartment but I am worried that it is near the train station - areas that tend to be a bit dodgy!!! Is Montreux Rue de la Gare safe and clean???
      airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2194573?c...

5 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

accomodation

Villars-sur-Ollon Nov 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

hi, we are looking for a nice chalets to fit 5-6 people. any advice on how to find one close to the ski slopes, equipment rental shops and so on? thank you for any help

6 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    • Travel to Gruyere?

Vevey Oct 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My wife, sister-in-law, and I will be staying in Vevey for a few days the first week of November. I know, not the "best" time". We want to do some day trips, and one of those we are interested in is going to Gruyere for the day. We want to see the town, go to the chocolate factory, and eat some cheese. What is the most efficient way to travel back and forth for a day trip? Any other must do day trips from Vevey? We are also looking at Montreux and Lausanne.

6 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • LuizaB's Profile Photo

transport

Lausanne Jul 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi!
      Can I get a bus from Lausanne to Basel? How much can it cost me? Where can I buy tickets?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Best way to get from Vevey train station to Le Mirador Kempinski

Vevey Jun 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

We are arriving to Vevey by train from Brusseles on a Sunday afternoon in 3 weeks to spend a week at Le Mirador Kempinski.
      What is the best way to get to the hotel? How far is it?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • Elevator from the Train Gare to the Lake

Montreux May 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hello!
      I would like to know if appart from the scalators conecting the gare with the lake, is there any elevator? I think somebody said it but I can not find where is the elevator.

Thanks. Regards.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • CarolM47's Profile Photo

Unireso Train Pass

Lausanne May 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I will be traveling between Vevey, Montreux, Lausanne and the Geneva Airport. I have been reading about a regional travel pass called unireso. Is that something I should consider purchasing?

6 Answers May 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • CarolM47's Profile Photo

Bus Routes

Lausanne May 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Is there a bus route from lausanne to vevey

5 Answers May 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • Chillon Castle

Montreux May 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

7 Answers May 19, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • Chillon Castle

Montreux May 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

6 Answers May 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Work residence in Switzerland

Canton de Vaud May 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I am being hired by a small firm in Vaud. Can I still apply to live in Geneva instead of Vaud? Or do I need to live in Vaud because the firm is located in Vaud? Thanks for your help!

7 Answers May 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Free parking at Lausanne

Lausanne Apr 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Hi!

We are considering the option to rent a car so would like to know any place to park free while visiting the city for 4 hours
      Thank you.

2 Answers May 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Nyon vs Neuchâtel

Nyon Nov 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hi guys! One more question: Which place do you recommend me more for a daytrip from Geneva, Nyon or Neuchâtel?

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    • hih1's Profile Photo

A mediacal trip to Lausanne by December

Lausanne Nov 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hello

I'd like to know which the nearest airport to Lausanne, I planed to go for a medical trip at Lausanne after 2 weeks, hope to find a good clinic and a good doctor.

What is the cost of Swiss pass? Is it valid for train and bus all over Switzerland?

Thank you

7 Answers Nov 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    • trip to zurich, lausanne, luzerne

Lausanne Oct 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Hi,
      I am first time traveller to switzerland. Coming to switzerland for official trip (18-22 Nov 2012) to Lausanne. Arriving on 16th late evening to Zurich. planning to see on 17th Nove montreux, chateau de chillion, also like to experience the beauty of swiss alps, mountains and landscape and intended reach Lausanne on 17th late evening.

Pl. suggest me the best train, train route to get the experience of all these.

Also between 22 - 24 th nov, planning to cover luzern and other nearby attractions, pl. advice.

how the weather will be, advice me on the website, which gives weather forecast
      accurately, so that i can change the plan at last moment

thanks

Kumar

3 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    • Train trip from Paris to Switzerland

Lausanne Jul 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Wanting to know what the train trip from Paris to Switzerland is like and what to see - should we stop and get out along the way etc..

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM