change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AMADEUSBAHR's Profile Photo

New Year 2014/2015

Geneva Apr 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Border Swiss-France: What is the best place (city) to stay in December 31 ?
      Around Geneve and/or some french cities in the border.
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Ddbuehner's Profile Photo

Visiting Basel for one day....

Basel Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I wish it were a longer stay but I will only be in this wonderful city for 1 day. What would be the best way for my husband and I to spend the day? Also, we will be staying at the Hilton, going on a viking river cruise. Any suggestions on transportation from Hilton to river would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • Vegan food

Switzerland 9 hours ago

Can we get vegetarian food in Switzerland?

more
    • snow around mid-April near Locarno

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Where can we expect to find snow around mid-April near Locarno

more
    • Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

which one is much better. or is it worth to see all of them in one day

more
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

Lugano Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

more
    • transportation

Saint Moritz Mar 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM

how close is muottas muragl from st moritz

more
    • getting to Soazza from Merano Italy by train

Soazza Mar 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM

how do we do that?

more
    • Lugano on a Sunday in May

Lugano Mar 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are 3 women freinds meeting after 7 years apart. Arrive sunday mid-morning by train and leave monday afternoon. On a budget for hotel and don't like hughe business like hotels but would like breakfast on Monday. Spa life makes talking and sharing hard so that's out. Brunch in a lovely Restaurant on Sunday is a must. With nice weather the Park Civico or Mont Bre? Boat ride? Any Museums open on Sunday? We are all different when it comes to sport levels so hiking is out. Shopping on Monday what else?
      Any suggestions on hotels, activities etc?

more
    • Break journey in Zurich for 4 days

Zürich Yesterday

I am planning a break journey in Zurich for 4 days. How can I organize tours possibly to cover some places in Switzerland for about 2 days and possibly around Munich for 1.5 days?

more
    • Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

Lugano Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

more
    • where to stay near Zermatt

Zermatt Apr 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

As we are fairly dependent on our car I would like to know of a nearby village that we could access by car and try to get some of the Zermatt atmosphere

more
    • Lay over visa

Zürich Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

Lugano Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

more
    • Free Transport Pass

Geneva 8 hours ago

Hi. I am visiting Geneva this month. I have booked hotel France (French side of Geneva (Chemin de Colovrex Ferney Voltaire, 01210 France )).
      Still I am entitle to receive free transport pass??

more
    • Lucerne-Murren Swiss Flexi Pass Day Travel

Mürren Yesterday

Hi All,
      We are in Lucerne and travelling to Murren tomorrow. We will be staying there for 3 days. We have a Swiss Felx Pass for 4 days (non consecutive). We will be validating the pass tomorrow for our travel to Murren. I am aware that it takes around 3 hours to reach Murren from Lucerne. So if we were to make an early start around 8-9AM, then is there something we can visit tomorrow before/after checking in our Murren hotel. This will allow us to maximise the usage of our Swiss pass.
      Also, can you please advise what can we do in Murren for the other 2 days without using the Swiss pass ? For one of the days we have booked a Paragliding experience. We were were planning to hike the village of Gimmewald. Any other suggestions ?
      Appreciate your help.
      Cheers,
      Mo

more
    • swiss pass and tell pass comparision

Switzerland Yesterday

Read about tell pass in one of the commmunications.and it can be used in lucerne region . We are a family of 4 aged 53,48,23,& 15and we will be staying in lucerne for 5 nights and want to go to mt jungfrouch Rhine falls also mt titlis and matherhorn.can all these destinations will be covered by using tell pass or swiss saver pass with one youth pass and one family card will be abetter option

more
    • What type of pass or card to buy

Switzerland Apr 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM

We are a family of four (ages : 52, 48, 21 and 15.)
      We are staying in Lucerne for 5 days.
      So what kind of pass should we opt for ? I read that kids get free travel on family card.
      What does flexi pass do ? Etc.
      All this talk about cards and pass is confusing , so could you please advice on what will be the cheapest option for us ? We are staying for a long time so we can actually cover most of it.
      Thank you

more
    • Andermatt or Interlaken travelling with a 6 year old and a 1.5 year old

Andermatt Apr 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM

we are planning to drive from Switzerland into Italy. Im not sure where to start from Andermatt or Interlaken? Im looking for scenic drives and also want to stay in either Andermatt or interlaken for few days and explore the area, visit local farms, see cheesemaking, Chocalte making etc. Anyone have expeirence in these areas? our next stop will be Lugano/Lake como after switzerland so any routes you can suggest in particular. Which area would be best for scenic drives and to stay in and for kids ?

more
    • suggestion for visiting Switzerland in 3-4 days

Switzerland Apr 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Hey,

I will be visitng from Italy (Milan) to Zurich with my wife at may 28, 2014.
      My switzerland trip would be of 3 nights stay as follows:

Day 1: Arrival from milan (Italy) to Zurich at 18:00 hrs by train, night stay at zurich
      Day 2: Visit to Rhine Falls and city tour in zurich, Travel to lucerne and night stay in lucerne
      Day 3: travel from lucerne to engelberg to Mt.Titlis, travel to geneva and night stay at geneva
      Day 4: city tour at Geneva and travel to france (toulon)

Please suggest how should we plan our journey?
      1- Is it really worth to buy a Swiss pass for 3 days traveling in switzerland?
      2- or should we visit by point to point tickets of trains?
      3- where should we stay in switzerland? zurich or lucerne? we have to stay 3 nights

if buying a pass is suitable then what other advantages can we get using these passes? advantages like visiting some other places, mountains, museums, trains etc within these 3 days?

Also, the major attractions we would like to visit include:
      1. Rheinfalls, for which I will be staying in Zurich at night?
      2. Mount Titlis (how should i reach mount titlis from lucerne? the route, trains and tickets ?
      3. Lake Geneva

more
    • Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

more
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

Zürich Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

more
    • customs time needed

Zürich Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

more
    • Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

Zürich Apr 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

more
    • ferry service

Küsnacht Mar 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I have been offered accommodation in Horgen and hope that there is a ferry link between Horgen and Kusnacht ?

Is there a direct ferry or does one change at Meilen ?

Is it quicker to use the train to Meilen then cross to Horgen by ferry I wonder ?

many thanks

David

more
    • Transport / Taxi / Funicular

Vevey Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hello,

We are staying at a flat in the Vevey area. Approximately how much is a taxi cab ride from Passage des Ateliers, Vevey, Vaud 1800, Switzerland to the Le Mirador Kepinski? Also, do taxis charger per person?

Thank you,
      Sheila

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Accommodation

Montreux Mar 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Can I get accommodation for 3 months to a family with 2 children near Montreux

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Quick response required so that I don't loose the booking ….Location ok????

Montreux Feb 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I am interested in booking this apartment but I am worried that it is near the train station - areas that tend to be a bit dodgy!!! Is Montreux Rue de la Gare safe and clean???
      airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2194573?c...

5 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

accomodation

Villars-sur-Ollon Nov 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

hi, we are looking for a nice chalets to fit 5-6 people. any advice on how to find one close to the ski slopes, equipment rental shops and so on? thank you for any help

6 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    • Travel to Gruyere?

Vevey Oct 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My wife, sister-in-law, and I will be staying in Vevey for a few days the first week of November. I know, not the "best" time". We want to do some day trips, and one of those we are interested in is going to Gruyere for the day. We want to see the town, go to the chocolate factory, and eat some cheese. What is the most efficient way to travel back and forth for a day trip? Any other must do day trips from Vevey? We are also looking at Montreux and Lausanne.

6 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • LuizaB's Profile Photo

transport

Lausanne Jul 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi!
      Can I get a bus from Lausanne to Basel? How much can it cost me? Where can I buy tickets?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • excitablesm's Profile Photo

Chillon castle- bus?

Montreux Jun 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Do we take the bus to the Chillon Castle?
      Staying at Majestic Suisse Hotel.

5 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    • Best way to get from Vevey train station to Le Mirador Kempinski

Vevey Jun 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

We are arriving to Vevey by train from Brusseles on a Sunday afternoon in 3 weeks to spend a week at Le Mirador Kempinski.
      What is the best way to get to the hotel? How far is it?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • Elevator from the Train Gare to the Lake

Montreux May 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hello!
      I would like to know if appart from the scalators conecting the gare with the lake, is there any elevator? I think somebody said it but I can not find where is the elevator.

Thanks. Regards.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • CarolM47's Profile Photo

Unireso Train Pass

Lausanne May 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I will be traveling between Vevey, Montreux, Lausanne and the Geneva Airport. I have been reading about a regional travel pass called unireso. Is that something I should consider purchasing?

6 Answers May 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • CarolM47's Profile Photo

Bus Routes

Lausanne May 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Is there a bus route from lausanne to vevey

5 Answers May 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • Chillon Castle

Montreux May 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

2 Answers May 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Chillon Castle

Montreux May 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

6 Answers May 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Work residence in Switzerland

Canton de Vaud May 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I am being hired by a small firm in Vaud. Can I still apply to live in Geneva instead of Vaud? Or do I need to live in Vaud because the firm is located in Vaud? Thanks for your help!

7 Answers May 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Free parking at Lausanne

Lausanne Apr 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Hi!

We are considering the option to rent a car so would like to know any place to park free while visiting the city for 4 hours
      Thank you.

2 Answers May 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Nyon vs Neuchâtel

Nyon Nov 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hi guys! One more question: Which place do you recommend me more for a daytrip from Geneva, Nyon or Neuchâtel?

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    • hih1's Profile Photo

A mediacal trip to Lausanne by December

Lausanne Nov 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hello

I'd like to know which the nearest airport to Lausanne, I planed to go for a medical trip at Lausanne after 2 weeks, hope to find a good clinic and a good doctor.

What is the cost of Swiss pass? Is it valid for train and bus all over Switzerland?

Thank you

7 Answers Nov 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    • trip to zurich, lausanne, luzerne

Lausanne Oct 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Hi,
      I am first time traveller to switzerland. Coming to switzerland for official trip (18-22 Nov 2012) to Lausanne. Arriving on 16th late evening to Zurich. planning to see on 17th Nove montreux, chateau de chillion, also like to experience the beauty of swiss alps, mountains and landscape and intended reach Lausanne on 17th late evening.

Pl. suggest me the best train, train route to get the experience of all these.

Also between 22 - 24 th nov, planning to cover luzern and other nearby attractions, pl. advice.

how the weather will be, advice me on the website, which gives weather forecast
      accurately, so that i can change the plan at last moment

thanks

Kumar

3 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    • Train trip from Paris to Switzerland

Lausanne Jul 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Wanting to know what the train trip from Paris to Switzerland is like and what to see - should we stop and get out along the way etc..

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    • Nyon train and ferry

Nyon Jun 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I understand it is easy to get a train from Geneva Airport to Nyon. How close to the Ferry port does the train stop. What sort of distance is the walk.

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 26, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    • help on info travelling from montreux to fiesch

Montreux Apr 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hi

me and my girlfriend are travelling to montreux next month and we want to go to fiesch and go upto the top of eggishorn. i gather the best way to travel is by train

i have checked sbb train and got a rough idea, but im not 100% on which station in montreux, or the fiesch station to choose as it seems to come up with quite a lot of different choices in the drop down menu

would be very greatful for some help and a rough idea of time we would need to make this trip to and back to montreux in 1 day

thanks

Matt

6 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    • Parking in Montreux

Montreux Feb 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

In May, I would like to be able to park my small car in a safe area for 3 days and take the train to Gstaad. any ideas?
      Thank you

3 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    • Car Parking facilities at Montreux Rail station

Montreux Jun 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

We plan to take the Chocolate train and we will drive to Montreux from our Les Diablerest timeshare. Hopefully, there is available parking at the station so we can pick it up on our return later that day ????

Thanks for any help.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    • Gymnaestrada 2011

Lausanne Apr 26, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Bon jour. I am attending the 2011 Gymnaestrada in July this year and would like to know if there is a bus from College Grand Pont to the rail statioin? I will be traveling to Paris after the event and would like to know if I can take the bus to the station or, just take a taxi. Your town looks really beautiful and, I look forward to my time there.
      Merci.
      Lisa

1 Answer Apr 26, 2011 at 11:23 PM
    • Train travel from Villars sur Ollon to Bex.....need help on planning.

Villars-sur-Ollon Apr 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Our family is reaching Villars on the 9th of May 2011, as part of our Europe tour package. Most of the tour is by coach and my son (6 years) is fond of trains and we have entire day of 9th of May to ourselves to explore. I wish to take my family from Villars sur Ollon to Bex by train and take the salt mine train ride and then return back to Villars by train.

This being our first visit to Europe, I seek the guidance and how to make the trip a memorable one.

How does the ticketting work? Can we buy a one time round ticket (Villars - Bex - Villars) for the entire family (4 persons) at Villars railway station ? Do we have various classes of travel - first class, second class etc., where the price of ticket of first class is more than that of second class. What is a swiss pass ? Which ticket would be economical ? What should be the cost of the ticket ? Do we have McDonald's at Bex railway station ?

I would appreciate and thank for the replies and look forward to your responses.

Madhav
      madhavdivya@gmail.com

1 Answer Apr 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    • Moving to Lausanne in January

Lausanne Oct 23, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Hi,
      I will be moving to Lausanne in January 2011 for doctoral studies at UNIL. Since I will be travelling to Europe for the first time, and that too bang in the middle of the winter I needed some tips on the climate during this time and the clothing I should carry. Moreover, I am coming from India, so I expect a vast change in the temperature I will experience (25deg C in mumbai to about 4deg C in lausanne).

I am planning to buy a thick jacket or coat and warm sweater (the best I can get here) and do more shopping there if needed so that I dont need to carry a lot luggage. Where can I get winter clothing in Lausanne at low prices, and what would generally be the price range in CHF?

I look forward to having a great time in Lausanne and Europe!

4 Answers Oct 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

where is Freddie Mercury's lake house in Montreux ?

Montreux Oct 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM

where is it exactly? Which is the address?
      is in clearens ? where?
      thanks!

Ps. I mean this house: montreuxmusic.com/galerie/al...

2 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Bus service from Geneva airport to Montreux?

Montreux Sep 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM

My Google skills appear to me failing me right now :-(

Mr. travelmad478 needs to get from Geneva aiport to Montreux (specifically, the Fairmount hotel). He will be flying into GVA around 7 PM, then heading to Montreux. I know it's possible to do this trip by train, but is there a bus also? The train is on the pricey side for him, and the bus would be cheaper.

He did find one bus service a few weeks ago but needs to check on the schedule, and now we can't find it again! I came up with the Gare-Routier de Geneve website, but I don't see Montreux listed as a destination (that website is not very user-friendly). Thanks for your help!

6 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    • speaking english in lausanne?

Lausanne Sep 23, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Hi everyone

Lausanne looks like such a great place! But if I was to live there, would I need to learn French? Do many of the locals speak English? Id love to learn French anyway but not sure how easy it would be to get by with only english

Thanks!!!

2 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    • morges antique market

Canton de Vaud Aug 30, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Last year there was a big antiques market at Morges selling antique skis, chamoix heads and other antiques. Will there be a market like this this year and so on what dates please

2 Answers Aug 30, 2010 at 6:58 AM