change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

Bern Apr 27, 2015 at 5:24 AM

How much roughly a taxi would cost from Bern airport to Hotel Landhaus Altenbergstrasse 4, Bern.

more
    • AliIrshad's Profile Photo

Visiting Zurich

Zürich Apr 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM

I am visiting Zurich by the 20/4/2015 for business purposes. I want to add some fun activity to my visit apart from the business meetings. Looking for suggestions for some guided tours in the area.

more
    • Horseback Riding?

Montreux Apr 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM

A Google search has not shown any short horseback riding ventures near Montreux. Hopefully I'm just missing something in my search. Can anyone assist? Thank you greatly!

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Touring with motocaravan in Switzerland

Switzerland Apr 21, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a tour with motocaravan covering Switzerland.
      We will be travelling with children who are 14 and 10.(both girl)
      We are planning to visit initialy Alps to see nature,small nice villages etc.
      Besides historical and touristic places, we would like to be in the places where inhabitants live,eat,make shopping etc.
      We would like to hear your advices about any other places that we can add to our route.
      Quality but budget is also important for your reastaurant advices.
      Thanks.

more
    • Taxi from Brig station

Brig Apr 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Arrive by train 7.15pm will thre be a taxi?

more
    • Travelling to and Around from Engelberg

Engelberg May 3, 2015 at 5:00 AM

Hi,

I am planning to Visit Engelberg in Aug with a family of 5 with kids and infant. I am staying in Engelberg. I will be traveling from Paris. So what is the best way to come to Engelberg (Train/Bus) etc and tickets info would be helpful

Furthermore from Engelberg what i want to know if if its possible for me to visit the following in 2.5 days.

1. Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe,
      2. Hader Kulum , Grindelwald
      3. First Flyer,
      4. Mount Titlis
      5. and may be Lucern Choclate factory visit.

Please advise or routes, train, buss tickets. I have one infant who will be on stroller. By end of 3rd day i need to be in Geneva to catch my flight.

Regards,

Hasan

more
    • where should i go before heading to lucern from girndelwald.

Grindelwald Apr 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM

hi, i would like to spend my whole afternoon roughly around 12- 4pm either in meiringen or lake brienz on 20/5, before heading to lucerne. any suggesstion?

more
    • Andrei_fromMoskva's Profile Photo

Getting to Pilatus

Lucerne Apr 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Hi!

I'm gonna travel to Luzern in mid-May. I find the top of Pilatus is worth visiting.

So, what is the best way to get there? I found two ways — the first one is a cogwheel train, the second is a cableway.

The train seems to me very amazing and its Alpnachstad station is in good location. But according to the prices it costs 72 CHF, which is very expensive. Or it worth? But every 10th ticket is free of charge (so, how it works?). Also the train is out of service now. I wonder to know when it will be launched. In this case, the cheapest way is to take the cableway from Fräkmüntegg station for 32 CHF. The problem is that I have a car. So, is there a parking to leave it near Fräkmüntegg station?

Guys, I need any suggestions and recommendations from you. Maybe you advise smth else...

Thank you! Danke schön! Merci beaucoup! Grazie!

more
    • transportation

Switzerland Apr 24, 2015 at 1:00 AM

do there have a train from Zurich airport to unterterzen? or taxi? bus?
      there are 5 people of my family. Which"s one id cheaper?

more
    • Interlaken Ost or Interlaken West Bahnhof

Interlaken May 3, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Which station do the trains from Zurich or Lucerne arrive to - Ost or West Bahnhof ? From which station do the trains go to Jungfrau - Ost or West Bahnhof?

more
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Geneva Airport to Interlaken

Geneva Apr 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Flying tomorrow to Geneva. Can I take a train on May 1st from the Geneva Airport to Interlaken in the morning then transfer to Murren? Or do I have to go into Geneva to pick up a train. Mu internet connection here in Slovakia is having a difficulty picking up the Swiss Rail site. Many thanks fellow VTers.

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

Direct and fast way from Lucerne to Venice

Lucerne Apr 16, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Hi Friends,

Just wondering is there any way to travel from Lucerne to Venice in Direct and fast way in Train?

Regards
      Ramkrishna

more
    • Golden Pass route from Lucerne to Interlaken

Switzerland Yesterday

Hi hi, is the golden pass route from Lucerne to Interlaken called 'Lucerne-Interlaken Express' ?

Thanks!

more
    • Schaffhausen

Schaffhausen May 1, 2015 at 3:23 AM

I'm sure I've read somewhere that a day ticket costing CHF5 is available for Schaffhausen buses. Does anyone have information on this and the area covered?
      Thank you.Andrew

more
    • cheap transport

Switzerland Apr 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM

what is the cheapest rail/bus service regional available from basel to Interlaken since I want to make onday tour ?

more
    • cal6060's Profile Photo

Switzerland - Italy Itinerary

Switzerland Apr 18, 2015 at 10:08 PM

I have an urgent plan to visit Switzerland and Italy in May to Jun around 26 days. Would you comment my itinerary? Is it too tight for the schedule to see "Must Visit Places" in these two countries. Shall I skip some place and add more days in certain places?

SWITZERLAND 2015

1) 14/15 (Thu): KL - Gevena

2) 15/15 (Fri): Geneva - Lausanne

3) 16/15 (Sat): Lausanne / Montreux/Gruyeres

4) 17/15 (Sun): Lausanne - Brig - Zermatt

5) 18/15 (Mon): Zermatt (Matterhorn /Gornergrat )

6) 19/15 (Tue ): Zermatt - Interlaken

7) 20/15 (Wed ): Interlaken to Junfraujoch /Gimmelwald

8) 21/15 (Thu ): Interlaken - Bern (Canton Jura /Massif du Jura )

9) 22/15 (Fri ): Bern - Lucerne

10) 23/15 (Sat): Lucerne - Mt Titlis

11) 24/15 (Sun): Lucerne - Zurich

12) 25/15 (Mon): Zurich

13) 26/15 (Tue ): Zurich - Chur - St Moritz

14) 27/15 (Wed): St Moritz - Tirano - Lugano

15) 28/15 (Thu): Lugano - Como - Milan

ITALY 2015

16) 29/5 (Fri ): Milan

17) 30/5 (Sat ): Milan

18) 31/5 (Sun ): Milan

19) 1/6 (Mon ): Milan - Verona - Venice

20) 2/6 (Tue ): Vanice

21) 3/6 (Wed ): Vanice - Florence

22) 4/6 (Thu ): Florence

23) 5/6 (Fri): Florence - Lucca

24) 6/6 (Sat): Lucca - Tarquinia - Rome

25) 7/6 (Sun): Rome

26) 8/6 (Mon): Rome - KL

I think it is too short of a stay in Italy. I could make up another trip next time. I will visit the World Expo in Milan for two days.

Thanks all !

more
    • stay at brig or zermatt

Switzerland Apr 13, 2015 at 1:39 PM

hi
      we are visiting Switzerland in early June.we would like to stay at zermatt for 2 nights.I find the hotels are almost booked up now and only the expensive ones are available.we have 2 kids aged 8 and 3..is it ok to stay at brig for 2 nights and visit zermatt from there..I see it's an hour by train to zermatt but with kids I'm doubtful..any suggestions would be of great help..
      Thanks
      RV

more
    • Walk suitable for Seniors

Zermatt Apr 10, 2015 at 1:02 AM

In September We would like to walk from Sunnegga to Riffelalp....is the track steep? we are good walkers I our 70's but unsure about this walk if the ascent is steep. We want to visit the lakes. From Riffelalp we would get the train back to Zermatt. We would get to Sunneggga by the cable car.

more
    • Staying in Grindelwald for 5 nights from 3 June 2015

Grindelwald Apr 25, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I would like your advice on the 'not to be missed' places to visit & activities while I am in Grindelwald. Will be there with my parents, sis and 2 kids aged 12 and 9. We would like to visit the mountains and also Bernese Oberland. We will be using our Swiss pass.

more
    • How to spend 10 days in switzerland

Switzerland Apr 28, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Hi

will be arriving to zurich on June-2-2015 around 9:00am. And returning back June-12-2015 @11am from zurich. We are from Toronto, Canada.

I have total 10 days to spend in switzerland with family (me, wife, son 7y, daughter 3.5y, and infant 10month old)

We love scenery, greenery and mountains. Target is to see whole switzerland. I am shortly purchasing the swiss pass. If someone could help build a perfect itenerary with best scenic affordable hotels will really appreciate. Also a guide on best way to travel around the point of interests ie buses or taxi etc. This is our first time and want to make it memorable trip with family.

Thank you in advance to all the beautiful peoples.

more

Popular Canton de Neuchâtel Travel Answer Locations

• Cost of living,Prices

Neuchâtel Aug 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Hi.....Can you give me a guide as to what is an average price for a coffee, a lunch and a dinner.
      Regards,

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Geneva-Neuchatel by train

Canton de Neuchâtel Jul 29, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Hello. My mother comes to visit me in Neuchatel, from the airport of Geneva, do you know from witch platform she can take the train to Neuchatel? Thank you very much.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Zvrlj's Profile Photo

Help us to write the tip

Neuchâtel Jan 27, 2010 at 12:47 PM

If anyone (especially those with the knowledge of French language) is willing to do some googling and help us write the tip about Monument de la Republique in Neuchatel, in Switzerland, please do that:

members.virtualtourist.com/m...

2 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    • Travelers Guide

La Chaux-de-Fonds Jan 31, 2007 at 7:27 AM

Sir/Madam,

This is my first time to go to switzerland in la chaux de found, I just want to ask, how can I go to La chaux if my plain land in Zurich, how many train will I ride to get there, how can I asure that Im riding the right train because as far as I know there so many train there (criss cross rails), and last how can I asure that I am already at la chaux de fonds is there any landmarks you can provide,

Thank you very much in advance for those wants share there expirience on how to get there....

2 Answers Jan 31, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • CdnJane's Profile Photo

NJC Reunion weekend of Oct 13th

Canton de Neuchâtel Sep 6, 2006 at 6:47 PM

just wondering if there are any past students or teachers from NJC (Neuchatel Junior College, for those of you who aren't an alumni) that are members of VT, and who are going to be going to the 50th reunion next month. Are there any members of the class of 75/76? Hope to catch you on the Friday night.

• jess_march's Profile Photo

Wine Tasting in Neuchatel?

Canton de Neuchâtel Nov 21, 2005 at 4:04 AM

I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip. I will be traveling in Neuchatel
      next Tuesday the 29th. I will be with a group of colleagues (9 of us
      in total) and we'll finish our business that day around 1:30. I'd like to
      organize a wine tasting for us that afternoon, possibly combining it with
      dinner. I've also heard there maybe some dairy farms where you can see and sample cheese production....

Is there any place (cave de vin) you would recommend where I can arrange such a
      thing for a reasonable price?

I appreciate your suggestions!

Jessica

1 Answer Nov 21, 2005 at 11:05 AM
    • how arriving from Bern Airport to Neuchatel

Canton de Neuchâtel Apr 6, 2005 at 11:12 AM

Hello:

how arriving from Bern Airport to Neuchatel, I don´t speak any language used in Swiss. please let me know how arriving 2 or 3 routes to come Neachatel

2 Answers May 11, 2005 at 7:26 AM
    • how arriving from Bern Airport to Neuchatel

Canton de Neuchâtel Apr 6, 2005 at 10:26 AM

Hello:

how arriving from Bern Airport to Neuchatel, I don´t speak any language used in Swiss. please let me know how arriving 2 or 3 routes to come Neachatel

• Is Neuchatel a popular centre for vacations

Canton de Neuchâtel Oct 1, 2004 at 9:17 AM

I am looking for alternative holiday venues in Swizerland that are easily accessible by public transport from Geneva airport. I am familiar with the Bernese Oberland, Lucerne, Lugano and I am looking for a lake/mountain holiday in an alternative location. Looking at the map .Neuchatel seems a likely candidate as it situated on a lake, but I would welcome the opinions of anyone who is familiar with the area.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2004 at 3:32 AM