change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• raypang's Profile Photo

best time to take photo Church of the Good Shepherd

Lake Tekapo Mar 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM

The best side of the church will face the sunlight in the late afternoon or early in the morning? I want to plan to pass by and stay for an hour in the lake side for some photo shots when driving from Christchurch to Wanaka.

6 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Cost of taxi ride

Christchurch Feb 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM

How much is a taxi ride from 182 Armagh St in the centre of Christchurch to the airport?

• Christchurch Train Station to Airport

Christchurch Jan 14, 2014 at 6:28 PM

How to get to Airport from Christchurch Train Station around 6 pm ....cheapest fare first please

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • Small campground in Little Akaloa?

Akaroa Jan 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi there, I have heard by word of mouth about a little campground in Little Akaloa. It is small, run by an honestly box, and basically unsearchable on the internet. Im trying to find a way to contact them as there are no details anywhere that I can find! Can anyone help?

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • Looking for travelmates for South Island

Christchurch Dec 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hi everybody,

we are Katharina & Bastian, an easy going, flexible couple from Germany who is looking for 2 available seats for travel in South Island.

Before, we spent 9 wonderful months in Australia and would like to have an unforgettable time over there.

We love healthy food, activities such bushwalks and every kind of sport, as well as go in a pub for a beer or/and for a dance.

We wan´t travel cheap.
      This means to sleep in a tend or in the car.

If you would like to travel in the South Island and met us, just write us.

Best wishes - Katharina & Bastian

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    • Taxi firms

Christchurch Oct 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Is there any particular taxi firm to use closest to Naked bus stop outside Museum on Rolleston street to Hotel on Hereford st. Bus gets in approx 8.15 pm on a Saturday.

• petunia24's Profile Photo

christchurch hotel

Christchurch Sep 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM

we will be dropping our camper van in christchurch and flying out the next morning so looking for a comfortable place to spend the night, look around and get to airport early next day. cheaper the better but quiet, clean and comfortable. thanks

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    • Tours in Akaroa

Akaroa Sep 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM

What are the best tours to go on in Akaroa - will be arriving by cruise ship and have 8 hours there.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • Christchurch to christchurch 4 day camper van trip

Christchurch Aug 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My partner and I plan to hire a camper van with pick up and drop off in chirstchurch. We would like to get to queenstown at some point but apart from this have no real plan. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

5 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • gaya1325's Profile Photo

Solo Travelling through South Island - NZ

Christchurch May 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hi everyone. I intend to do a trip from Christchurch to Queenstown for bout 8 days in the first week of June. I've never travelled on my own (solo-virgin!) and I'm hoping to meet up with people who have done so or intend to travel during the same time as me for a drink or even a day trip. At this stage I have no idea if I'm planning to rent a campervan and drive down (winter roads??) or grab a bus tix and book into a backpackers where ever I end up for the day. Would love to hear some ideas/suggestions.. cheers!

3 Answers May 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    • Travel to Christchurch

Akaroa Mar 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Can anyone kindly provide me the information about travelling from Akaroa Harbour to Christchurch Airport. Is it possible to get car rental? Is there any shuttle I can book?

1 Answer Mar 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • melklim52's Profile Photo

Shore Excursions while in Akaroa

Christchurch Dec 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM

We're on a cruise this coming January to NZ. One of the port will be Akaroa and I have selected 2 possible excursions. The first excursion is a drop off to Christchurch and we're are pretty much on our own to explore for about 5 hrs. The second posibble excursion is described below. Not really knowing this area of Banks Peninsula, is this a worthwhile excursion in-place of exploring Christchurch on our own (not all that interested in sheep shearing only because we will have seen this activity while in Melbourne.

Board your motorcoach and set off skirting the many bays and coves bordering historic Akaroa Harbour. The Banks Peninsula was formed by three massive volcanic eruptions occurring millennia ago. The peninsula's two main harbors - Akaroa and Lyttleton - are the exploded remains of shield volcanoes. (The peninsula was named in honor of Sir Joseph Banks, the famed botanist who accompanied Captain Cook on his first voyage of discovery.)

Drive to Manderley Farm, an historic homestead on the shores of Lake Forsyth. The farmhouse, built of handsawn native totara wood, dates to 1876. The 750-acre farm is renowned for both its fine Merino sheep and its champion sheepdogs. Enjoy tea poolside in the landscaped gardens, and then observe a demonstration of herding skills featuring the farm's prized collies. There is also free time to browse the gift shop for New Zealand woolens and crafts.

Board your coach and continue through the town of Little River en route to Gebbies Pass and Governors Bay. Enjoy views of Lyttleton Harbour. Pass the Arts-and-Crafts-style Sign of the Kiwi. In 1909, New Zealand MP Harry Ell began pushing construction of a Summit Road through the Port hills. This toll road eventually featured four roadhouses offering food and refreshment. The Sign of the Kiwi is one of the most famous of these roadhouses. Continue to the Sign of the Takahe, the other renowned Ell roadhouse. Built of stone, the Tudor-style inn offers sweeping views of Christchurch, the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps.

Your return route travels through Tai Tapu and along the shores of Lakes Ellesmere and Forsyth back to Little River. Continue to Hilltop, a scenic overlook perched atop the rim of the caldera forming Akaroa Harbor. Descend to the harbor and your ship.

10 Answers Dec 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    • empresstraveller's Profile Photo

Christchurch for xmas and what to do ?

Christchurch Dec 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Im going to have xmas day at a friends in christchurch but after that im not sure what to do. Are there any events on, are all the shops open, are they are any nice walks to do ? Is there anyone else in the same boat who would like to travel with me?

3 Answers Dec 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM
    • RoseH22's Profile Photo

Moving for two years

Christchurch Jul 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Hi, i am coming over to christchurch in october time, and will be looking at getting a casual bar job, just to settle in and meet some
      New people, if anyone knows of any local pub/bars/restaurants etc , that would be fab.
      Also any other information about christchurch, general living costs, how it compares to other cities. Or simply of any tips and ideas for travelling around that you have! Whats the general life style like?
      Any feedback would be hugely hugely appreciated, as im only 19, and moving from all my comforts to experience life on the other side of the world! :D thank you x rose

6 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Hanmer Connection Shuttle stop location?

Christchurch May 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I've sent an email requesting a booking for the Hanmer Connection shuttle from Christchurch to Hanmer Springs. Their website lists the stop location as "Canterbury Museum - Rolleston Ave". Is that likely to be correct or is it likely to have moved post earthquake?

I know I can ask the company but I'd like to organise where to stay the night before this evening.... Any suggestions of mid cost (i.e. a step or so above backpacker hostel) to stay for one night near to whereever the bus leaves from at 9am would be good :-)

5 Answers May 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    • Traffic Conditions Outside the Red Zone

Christchurch Apr 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM

We are planning to visit Christchurch in the later part of the year. How is the traffic conditions around the Botanic Gardens on Saturdays? Is congestion a norm, and if so, are there certain peak hours to avoid?

My accomodation is in Cashmere Heights. To travel to the airport, is it best to use SH73 and SH1, therefore avoiding the city centre?

Thanks.

13 Answers Oct 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    • lilideb's Profile Photo

Few Hours in Christchurch, what to see?

Christchurch Mar 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM

My husband and I will be flying into Christchurch to start our holiday over 5/4 - 15/4. and driving on to Franz Josef glacier. We have never been to Christchurch so we thought to spend a few hours there. Is there anything much we can see or is most still closed because of the earthquake? Things we were interested in... Arts Center, Christchurch Art Gallery, and Dux de Lux for a beer. I am assuming Worchester and Cathedral Square our off limits still? Sadly we know the Church has been or will be demolished :(

8 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Mt Hutt - how to go about organising skiing holiday

Methven Mar 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are planning on staying in Methven and going skiing at Mt Hutt for three days in in July. Having never been skiing before I don't really know the best way to go about organising everything. Accommodation is simple enough but what about everything else? Clothing/ski hire, lift passes, Methven/Mt Hutt transport, lessons..... Do I need to(or should I) prebook these? Which website? And then how do the logistics work once there? Is hire equipment/clothing kept for the three days or is it rehired each day? Told you I had no idea! Any help greatly appreciated. (-:

1 Answer Mar 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Winter things to do/see/visit Christchurch and nearby

Christchurch Feb 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are planning to fly to Christchurch in July and spend 3/4 days in Methven going skiing at Mt Hutt. After this I want to extend our holiday for another 4/5 nights and fly home from Christchurch. So, any suggestions of where to go, what to see etc? We wont have a car. I was thinking we would spend at least our last 2 nights in Christchurch but am not sure what else is worth doing in winter. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    • Bus from airport to Dorset House at 23:00 PM

Christchurch Feb 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Our flight will arrive at CHC at around 22:20. The hotel we booked is Dorset House. Can we (2 couples) take Bus 29 to somewhere near Dorset street? Is it too late to take a bus at the time( say 22:30 to 23:00) ? Thanks

5 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

RE: Need advice on Campervan Hire

Christchurch Feb 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Hi All,

I saw some bad comment in the forum abt the Jucy Campervan Hire on the stress free insurance coverage. Is there any other better reputation Campervan Hire Companies in NZ?

4 of us will be reaching Christchurch on 4 May 2012. We would like to look for the campervan abt the size of Jucy Condo (slightly bigger than a MPV). Any ideas to share?

Thanks.

Regards,
      Aodreen

7 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

RE: Driving along South NZ with Campervan

Christchurch Feb 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hi All,

Total 4 of us (2 couples) will reach Christchurch on 4 May.
      We are from Malaysia. My friends are interested to rend a Jucy Condo (Campervan) and drive along South NZ. Our target destination are: Mt Cook, Omarama, Wanaka, Queenstown, Oamaru, Christchurch & Akaroa.

I need help on the questions below.
      1) Do we need any special licence to drive Campervan? Can we drive with just normal car driving licence?
      2) We never drive campervan before. My friend did drive MPV, will there be any problem for us to operate the campervan?
      3) Is there any campervan parking lot ard the destination that we plan to go as stated above?
      4) I heard that the road from Wanaka to Queenstown & Christchurch to Akaroa is quite tough to drive. Is this true?

Really appreciate for your help. Thanks.

Regards,
      Aodreen

4 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    • eddymario's Profile Photo

Bus from Christchurch international airport ?

Akaroa Jan 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi,

Is there a public bus from the airport or Christchurch city to Akaroa ?

Thanks,
      Eddy

8 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Fuel prices ?

Christchurch Dec 30, 2011 at 3:02 AM

What are the current gasoline / diesel prices in N.Z ?

Eddy

10 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM

How is the situation in Christchurch ?

Christchurch Dec 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Hi,

I am going to Christchurch at the end of Feb. Just wondering how the situation is right now, after the earthquake ?

Thanks,
      Eddy

10 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    • Help: jucy car rental insurance void for careless drive?

Christchurch Oct 16, 2011 at 3:33 AM

I rent a car in NZ from Jucy (http://www.jucy.co.nz/ ). I brought their stress free insurance (i thought it is full

cover insurance). Unfortunately, I failed to stop at a giveway and crash the car. And I was charged as careless

drive.

Jucy told me that the insurance become void because I was charged. Meanwhile, the 3rd part insurance company also

wanted our insurance company (jucy) to pay the car repairing fee, and Jucy put it to me as contract become void.

here is the term: jucy.co.nz/vehicles/pdfs/car.......
      they say I breached the term 9(d): The hirer should not: Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in breach

of the Transport Act 1962, the Traffic Regulations 1976 or any other Act, regulations or by laws relating to road

traffic.

Even worse, Jucy directly charge me using my credit i gave them before without any permission or authorization. Is

that legal?

I am not familiar with NZ. But in my country, in this case, the insurance company should pay everything. I feel i

was cheated.

Any people can help and tell me what to do now? Shall I hire a lawyer?

11 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    • Library

Christchurch Oct 6, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Unfortunately the main library website says it is closed due to the quake. Does anyone know an alternative place in Christchurch to do private study or browse newspapers and magazines etc?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    • TRAVELLING BOTH SOUTH AND NORTH ISLANDS

Christchurch Sep 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Hi I am 24years old, female from England. Flying over from Australia to Christchurch on Saturday 10th September 2011 I will be traveling for 6weeks heading up towards Aucklands. I am looking to join other travellers or willing to hire a campervan/car with other travellers. Please let me know if anyone is interested and has a similar plan.

Hardesh

2 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    • louiselamour's Profile Photo

Relocation to Help with rebuild

Christchurch Aug 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Hi my partner and I are arriving into CHCH from Australia in 2 weeks to help with the rebuild, Could someone please tell me where we should live, we like shops,cafes,resturants and love the water of course so want to be close to where it all happens or where there is a night life, love markets etc as well. We are working in central city for the rebuild so would want something close by but still where there are more than 2 cafes/resturants to go to. As much info would really be of help.

Regards

Louise

10 Answers Sep 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    • BecTravels11's Profile Photo

Travel Route from Christchurch

Christchurch Jul 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hello,

My partner and I are arriving in Christchurch and traveling the South Island from 23 July for about 11 days. I am from the US and have never been to NZ but my partner has been to Queenstown for a holiday.

We are renting a car, but we are not sure whether or not we should do the full loop and end back in Christchurch, or just travel down the West coast and end in Queenstown...is it worth traveling down the East coast? What are the main highlights? We are not too fussed to go to Dunedin, but don't want to miss out if there are beautiful sites/activities along the way.

Our main highlights will be Fox Glacier ice climbing (1 night/1 day) and skiing/boarding in Queenstown (approx 4 days), Milford Sound (1 night/1 day)

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Thanks so much,
      Rebecca

15 Answers Jul 7, 2011 at 2:02 PM