Cantabria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vineyard cycle route

Sitges May 12, 2015 at 3:43 AM

Hello I'm looking for a beautiful and reasonably easy road cycling route from Sitges and back. Ideally around 40/50km visiting a couple of vineyards and somewhere to have lunch - ideally at a vineyard. Any ideas very welcome. Thank you

more
    • Looking for large sailboat hire!

Cala D'or May 10, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Hi, I would like yo hire a sailboat of somekind to hold 21 people for a day for my husbands 50th in august. Am struggling online to find anything for that amount of people - can anyone help please?
      Ideally it must have a bar or allow us to bring our own refreshments and we want to be able to stop and swim off the boat. We are staying at cala egos so would like to leave from cala for marina or Porto petro
      Thanks

more
    • Late night eating places

Torremolinos May 2, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Arrive 23.30 approx does anyone know of any decent eating places open during week

more
    • Internet access

Malgrat de Mar May 1, 2015 at 6:51 AM

How is the internet access in the area?

more
    • kuzena's Profile Photo

wine cellars in Madrid

Madrid May 20, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Hello everybody!
      Are there good wine cellars in centre of Madrid where it's possible to taste diffrent wines? Thank you.

more
    • Electric fun scooters for hire in Fuerteventura

Isla de Fuerteventura May 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi i have been looking at pictures on tripadvisor and noticed alot of the pictures there are people riding scooters along the prom, like a childs 2 wheel scooter with a seat but for adults not a mobility scooter if that makes sense, does anyone know where you can hire them, the restrictions and cost please. I have been looking on google but only getting mopeds and mobility scooters coming back so would appreciate your assistance :)

more
    • buses to almogia

Almogía May 11, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Hi,
      i am planing to rent while house hunting around almogia, how can i find out which bus goes to almogia from Malaga airprt?
      I would apreciate any info on transprtation,etc.
      best
      sam

more
    • pn1's Profile Photo

Time to do the Soller train and the tram?

Palma de Mallorca May 10, 2015 at 8:22 PM

In June 2015, I am on a cruise that's timed to be in Palma from 0900 to 1600. I am wondering if that would be sufficient time to ride the Soller train and tram? I would be thinking of one direction only.

My thoughts would be to get a taxi from the cruise terminal to the end of the tram line at Soller? Then take the tram and transfer to the train back to Palma. Or perhaps just ride the tram and take a (faster?) bus back?

Is that feasible in the time available? And with the summer tourist crowds? Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

Area around Hotel Isabel

Isla de Tenerife May 7, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Hi Guys
      My wife and I are booked into Hotel Isabel Avda. Moscu 2, 38670 Adeje, Tenerife, Spain
      for a week next February. The hotel looks fine, but we were wondering about the surrounding area.
      Are there any shops,bars etc.etc. near the hotel or are they all nearer the port ?
      We don't want to be in the middle of the "Veronicas" type madness but we don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere having to taxi everywhere.
      Any help would be most appreciated
      AidanM62

more
    • JulianN42's Profile Photo

Poncebos-Urriellu-Aliva-Sotres-Tielve-Poncebos; reality check please

Picos de Europa May 7, 2015 at 4:49 AM

Hi, I would like some feedback on my proposed solo hike. I would also appreciate some time estimates and just any feedback, really. If you've done any of these hikes, please comment what is not to miss and what could be missed (if anything).

Day 1: Poncebos-Refugio de Urriellu. 8km; probably take that funicular in the beginning so it's probably more like 5KM. 3-4hrs. Night shots of Urriellu.

Day 2: Urriellu to Refugio de Aliva to Sotres. Can I actually go up Urriellu? Would like a photo right as dawn cracks. 24km; 12hrs? I'm undecided whether this is too big of a hike. If I go direct to Sotres, it's 7.8km.

Day 3: Sotres to Tielve to Poncebos. 12km; 6hrs?

Basically, I need to start and end at Poncebos. I'm not sure if Day 2 and/or Day 3 are too big of hikes. If I do a shorter route and I'm done in 3-4 hours, what do I do with the rest of my day? I guess I should bring a book and a frisbee for alone/make friend time. On the other hand, I don't want to have seriously underestimated the time for Day 2 and be hating myself for hiking 16 hours. Perhaps if I want a big hike I could skip Aliva on Day 2 but instead of stopping at Sotres, go straight to Tielve to make for an easy Day 3. I'm pretty fit but this definitely will be a tax on my body. That's kind of what I want though.

more
    • Palma Nightlife

Palma de Mallorca May 3, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Hi. Im going to palma end of May and wondered if there was much nightlife..Im staying in Old town palma and wondered if that is far from the Clubs/bars and restaurants ? Thanks

more
    • Calella nighlife

Calella de Mar May 3, 2015 at 1:48 AM

group of 4 girls going to Calella for 5 days, where's good to party? :D

more
    • Where to go in the stadium?

Barcelona May 1, 2015 at 4:40 AM

Hello to all fans,

I'm a Belgian student and I'm 21 years old. I'm very interested in football. Every week, I go to the stadium of my favourite team in Belgium. However, the Belgian championship hasn't the same level that the Spanish league. I often watch FC Barcelona on T.V. I would like to visit the stadium and watch a match. I'll seize the opportunity that I come soon in order to do it. Can you recommend to me the best tribune to attend the match?

Thank you for your answer!

more
    • car parking

Pineda Apr 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM

we are stopping in pineda de mar in july and the hotel we are staying in has limited parking but won't let us book a space so was wondering if there is public parking in the area

more
    • Good for hen parties in February?

Marbella Apr 27, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Are there many clubs open in February? Ives read that many clubs close and don't reopen until May? I know it's the quiet season but will there still be a bit of an atmosphere around the place? Any recommendations for hen parties welcome.

more
    • Tonga towers

Ca'n Picafort Apr 26, 2015 at 12:32 PM

how far is the beach please.

more
    • spanish grand prix

Santa Susana Apr 24, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Hi i will be in santa susanna the week of the grand prix and would like to go to the track on the Friday practice day is there any organised coaches to get there cheers

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Re mobile phone.

Barcelona May 18, 2015 at 7:01 AM

We have been advised that we need to buy a cheap phone (20 euro with 5 euro of calls) rather than inserting a SIM card (as we had expected) into our phones we brought from Australia.Any advice would be appreciated,thankyou.Also how do I tell if I have an "unblocked" phone?.

more
    • Whe nexactly does it get busy ?

Picos de Europa May 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM

I wonder if the picos is already really busy in early July ? I am interested in your opinions - thankyou Maurice

more
    • Bus Services in L'estartit

L'Estartit May 17, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Im going to be staying in the village of La Torre Vella for July and August of 2015 and I was wondering if there are any regular bus services into the town of L'estartit?

more
    • Travelling Ibiza alone

Ibiza May 12, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Hello,

I am a male to female crossdresser (occasionally not full time) planning to visit ibiza in july on the gay pride. i would like to know how people react if they see a man dressed as woman. is there any special place to enjoy for crossdressers? is it possible to find any friend etc?
      Thanks
      Monica

more
    • Shopping in Ibiza

Ibiza May 5, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Which resort in Ibiza has department stores and which has local shops for fashion?

more
    • Is it easy getting into clubs/beach parties if Im underage?

Marbella Apr 30, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Im 16 years old and heading to Puerto Banus this summer, was just wondering if getting into clubs/parties would be easy without an ID, and if a fake ID would be useful? Also, if it helps, Ive got my 20 year old brother with me and friends too. Thanks!

more
    • Kathie_R's Profile Photo

Car rental Tenerife

Spain Apr 30, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Hi! I`m going for diving vacation to Tenerife. We were thinking about car rental. Is it posiible there? What company would you recommend? Is there car rental company near the airport?

more
    • Kathie_R's Profile Photo

Tenerife diving

Spain Apr 30, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hello! I`m going to Tenerife this fall with my family. Who had been diving there? What dive center do you recommend? I`m looking for fun, friendly and professional instructors.
      Thanks

more
    • Tarriba hiking

Tarriba Mar 4, 2015 at 3:36 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Santander at the end of March and would love to go hiking in Tarriba. Can someone please let me know how to get there and where I can find timetables of how to get back to Santander. Is Tarriba a good place for hiking?
      Thanks,
      Avni

2 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Travelling by train or bus?

Cantabria Feb 27, 2015 at 5:10 AM

From Biarritz I will travel in July untill Cangas de Onis and back to San Sebastian for two weeks. Most of the hotels are booked because I found them lovely and cheap more or less. I am aware about the bus and trains in this region. It seems that it will be faster travelling by bus. But I love train rides and would like to know which stretch is a must to do by train because of the landscape.

5 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • santander to bilbao

Santander Jan 26, 2015 at 11:25 AM

can we take 6persons with 6 touring bicycles on the FEVE train from Santander to Bilbao

1 Answer Jan 26, 2015 at 11:41 AM
    • TRAINS FEVE

Santander Jan 26, 2015 at 11:20 AM

In JUne 6 persons arriving from ferry , is it ok for 6 persons with 6 touring bicycles to catch feve train to Bilbao????

1 Answer Jan 26, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    • sore feets

Laredo Sep 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Im walking the Camino De Santiago and need new shoes desperately, can I buy some in Laredo if no, where's the nearest place?
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • akikonomu's Profile Photo

Drive trip along "Dinosaur Route"

Cantabria Aug 5, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Dear VTers

We'd like to do a drive trip in Asturias but have a few concerns we'd like to hear comments on.
      1. We're keen to check out the Dinosaur route - any itineraries to recommend and nice rural cottages we could stay along the way?
      2. Is it better to pick the car up from Bilbao or Santander?
      3. We're not used to driving on the same side in Spain but are generally safe drivers. Can someone suggest if we should even drive and how we can get help from the GPS or maps?

Any advice on driving would be really appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Bilbao to potes by bus

Potes Jul 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM

How do i get from Bilbao to Potes by bus

3 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • travel cot

Laredo Jun 20, 2014 at 1:46 PM

we are travelling to laredo spain for a holiday with our one year old child and don't want to have to carry a travel cot on the plane. can anyone advise me on somewhere to buy a travel cot in laredo? thanks.

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM
    • Coffee & Tea break! San Vicente

San Vicente de la Barquera Jun 20, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi, does anyone know the name of the café/bar that is shaped, inside, like an up turned boat - apparenty it is a bar full of character and well worth a visit! I'm really hoping that I will be able to get a decent cuppa, I won't hold my breath though, the others in my party are normal coffee drinkers - yuk.
      Thank you in advance, oh and we will be there in 2 weeks.
      Jillee

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • FEVE STATION IN SAN VICENTE

San Vicente de la Barquera May 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM

THE STATION LOOKS TO BE ABOUT 2 KM+ FROM THE CENTRE
      IS THERE ANY MEANS OF GETTING TO THE TOWN (OTHER THAN WALKING!)

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Main bus stop in Santona Cantabria.

Santoña Apr 6, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Where is the bus stop in Santona, what is the name of the street ,is it near the tourist info office.? I will be travelling from Santander. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • Travelling with a dog.

Cantabria Feb 21, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Can anyone tell me if you can take dogs on buses in Cantabria, please?

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • Taxi Espinama

Espinama Nov 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hi everyone :) Does anyone knows a taxi company in Espinama? Or near Espinama? I have to take a taxi in november with one other friend on Sunday from Espinama to Santander. You can reply in English, Dutch, Spanish, French or German :)

4 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    • izziegon's Profile Photo

Moving to Santander

Santander Aug 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hi,
      I am moving to Santander with my son and I am wondering if there is any useful site where we can find a room or a studio to rent. It would be nice to stay with family too so its easier for my son to learn spanish. Is therey anyone out there who can help ?

5 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Taxi with small child to Somo from Santander Airport

Santander Jul 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Hello,
      Is it possible to book a taxi with a child seat, to go from the airpor to Somo, in September?
      How much would we expect to pay for this?
      Many thanks for your help!

1 Answer Jul 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • bus from San Vicente to Potes

Potes Mar 8, 2013 at 3:53 AM

is there a bus from San Vicente de la Barquera (or Llanes) to Potes on Sunday, May 26, in the morning?

1 Answer Mar 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    • SPAIN - TRASVIA - OYAMBRE

Trasvia Feb 1, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO RENT A 4 BEDROOMED HOUSE IN THE REGION OF TRASVIA OR OYAMBRE
      WHICH HAS A SECURE GARDEN AND IS CHILD FRIENDLY, AS WE HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD. WE WOULD LIKE TO BE WITHIN EASY REACH OF THE BEACH, EVEN BY THE BEACH WOULD BE NICE. WE WOULD PREFER TO HAVE A HOUSE WHICH STANDS BY ITSELF, AS OPPOSED TO IN A ROW WITH OTHERS.

COULD ANYONE RECOMMEND ANYTHING PLEASE AND IF SO, OFFER DETAILS AS TO WHOM WE SHOULD CONTACT WITH POSSIBLY TELEPHONE NUMBERS.

MY HUSBAND DOES SPEAK SPANISH!

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM SOMEONE PLEASE.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • Santander to Somo - practical? Taxi cost?

Santander Sep 8, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I was thinking of going to Somo for some surf lessons.
      Though I head Somo is very quiet at night - so it makes sense to go to Santander for the nights. I assume the city would be nice.

Just wondering.

a) I think the last ferry is not too late (like 9pm) - so how much would a taxi be from Santander to Somo in the nights?

b) Would it be better to stay in Somo - or in Santander and just commute to Somo in the morning for the surf lessons?

Any advice appreciated

1 Answer Sep 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Train or bus to Biarritz

San Sebastián Aug 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Hi there,

I'm arriving in San Sebastian next week and will take a day trip to Biarritz. What is the best way to get there? I'll be traveling on Monday, so would I be better off taking PESA bus directly to Biarritz in the morning or the Eusko train to Hendaye and change it to French train from there?

Your feedback will be much appreciated

7 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Rural house

Cantabria Mar 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi all, could anyone recommend a clean and cute rural house in Cantabria for august this year? We're flying into Santander, and would like to stay somewhere in Cantabria for 2-3 days on our way to Asturias (we're driving).

We would like a place in the countryside rather than the coast, where we can easily go trekking, kayaking and/or horse riding without having to drive around too much. Maybe around Potes could be convenient? We are looking for something really scenic. Once in Asturias we will be staying in Picos de Europa, so maybe something slightly different-looking.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

6 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    • Is this flight time possible?

Santander Dec 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Hy Guys,

As I searched for a flight form Manchester (UK) to Bilbao
      It takes some 3 hrs. and 25 minutes.

And the return : from Bilbao to Man. shows 1 hr. 10 minutes.

Is this possible ??

7 Answers Dec 3, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    • Taxi fare

Santander Dec 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi,
      I would like to know how much is the taxi fare from Santander airport to Torrelavega ? (Are there different fares for night ??)And do I have to pre-book at the airport?

4 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 4:16 AM
    • Night travel from Santander airport to Torrelavega

Santander Dec 1, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Hello Friends,
      I have friend visiting me.. and I have to fetch him ..
      I want to know are there buses available in the night
      from Santander airport to go to Torrelavega directly?
      Or what are the timings of buses.

help is highly appreciated..
      Thanks a ton.

2 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    • Santander (Airport), Spain to Santander city by public transportation

Santander Sep 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get from Santander airport to Santander city by public transportation?What is the cost for adults and for children?
      Is it possible to walk to the city from the airport or is it too far?
      We would like to rent a car in Santander city and travel to San Sebastian.
      thanks

4 Answers Sep 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    • Bus travel

Comillas Aug 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM

We are staying in Ribadesella and want to visit Comillas - I've found the bus to Villaviciosa but can we get a bus from there to Comillas?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    • minibus transfers from bilbao

Potes Jul 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Hi can anyone tell me if it is possible to arrange minibus for ten people from bilbao aoirport to potes, either at airport or indeed from potes itself.

2 Answers Jul 29, 2011 at 3:52 AM
    • Family to host independent traveler Jul. 2-5?

Santander Jun 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hi all, I am going to be in the Santander/Bilbao area from July 2-5. I am going to be alone, and I'd like a family to host me for that time. I would rather get a rich cultural experience with a local family than stay at a hostel. Can anyone recommend a family or a site (I've tried a few and didn't get many Santander matches or they were too pricey). I'm from Florida, USA, 25 years old, female, don't smoke, and wouldn't need any fancy cleaning/driving services, just a nice family to host me for a few nights and give me some advice about travel in the area and maybe become my friends! I speak descent Spanish but an English-speaking family would be a plus.

4 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    • somestarrynight's Profile Photo

San Sebastian - Altamira Cave: where to break the journey?

Santander Jun 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Hi all

We're planning a trip to San Sebastian this August and hoping to hire a car one day to drive to the Altamira Cave. We're guessing the journey will take around 2-3 hours and wondered if there's anywhere worth a short visit where we could stop off to break up the return journey.

Thanks!

Sarah

• travel to Potes

Potes May 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Can you tell me if there is a bus from the coast road - Santander or San Vicente de la Barquera up to Potes, and how I can find out the times for July?

2 Answers May 13, 2011 at 4:00 AM
    • Blayne+Bec's Profile Photo

San Sebastian -> Pamplona

San Sebastián Mar 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Hey guys!

Australian couple in San Sebastian the 1st week in July before heading to Pamplona by bus or train.

Anyone else doing this type of thing? If anyone fancies a beer in this time... Let us know... Guys and Girls! Would be good to meet some new people while we are away...

Cheers

B+B

1 Answer Mar 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM