Cannon Beach Travel Answers

change location

Things to do

by MissKarina Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 6:47 PM

Hi, I will be in Cannon Beach in early June and am wondering about must-sees, things to do etc. Thanks! Karina

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Things to do

by filboy Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 1:10 AM

Cannon beach has been considered one of the best beaches in the U.S. It is a laid back town, more condusive to relaxation and nature appreciation. The area, plus the surrounding towns are very scenic. There is beachcombing, kite flying, trail hiking, shopping and good eating in town, although it really gets very crowded due to the popularity of the town. Some of the best artists of Oregon reside and sell their wares in town. Don't miss the Haystack Rock, Ecola Park, and just stop at all state designated parks along the coast. Golf couses are also within half hour drive from Cannon Beach. Try Doogers for good chowder, and fried seafood. Try razor clams if they are available.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Summer33's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do

by Summer33 Online Now Apr 15, 2004 at 3:37 PM

Eat at the pelican pub and brewery that looks out toward haystack rock, the aquarium in newport is pretty cool as well as the rogue brewery. All of the towns along highway 101 are really cool and full of personality. Also be sure to see the sea lion caves and devils punchbowl!

• Re: Re: Things to do

by MissKarina Online Now Apr 28, 2004 at 5:44 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'll do all of it! I went to Cannon Beach when I was really little and remember having a great time. If you have any other advice, please share!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines