Canmore Travel Answers

change location

Stagette in Banff, Canmore, or Somewhere Similar

by ellingsen_heather Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I am planning a destination stagette in Banff, Canmore, or somewhere similar for a Saturday in July. We only have time to go away for one night so we don't want to go too far from Calgary. The bride is open to anything from hiking to a spa day, but we don't want to spend too much money. I've spent lots of time in the Rockies, but never for a stagette party and I was hoping someone could offer some specific suggestions (places to stay etc.) I was thinking that it would be fun to rent a cabin at a ski resort, but I don't know if that is possible for just one night.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Stagette in Banff, Canmore, or Somewhere Similar

by YVRDave Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Girl Power Weekend at Kananaskis.
    deltahotels.com/hotels/speci...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Stagette in Banff, Canmore, or Somewhere Similar

by ltt Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

you don't mention how many people. there are some very nice condos in canmore that i've heard about but never stayed.
    one suggestion that comes to mind is you could go up to the banff hotsprings. those who wanted massages, pedicures etc could have those (i had a massage at that spa and it was excellant)...those who wanted to hike could hike to the top of the gondola...then everyone meet for a soak in the tubs. the douglas fir resort has a room - mount rundle suite - that we had 8 adults in and were comfortable (you could probably fit another one or two - whoever drinks the most - give them the pull out in the living room - all the other beds were great - the pull out was barely tollerable). there is a bus outside of the hotel to town so you could use that if you want to have a few drinks. full kitchen, balcony, fireplace. it is by no means a 4* hotel but for a large group, this suite is great.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines