Cancún Travel Answers

change location
africateach's Profile Photo

Sun Palace

by africateach Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Is this a "party" place where the college kids go to get wild? Thinking of spending New Years Eve here. Like what I have seen and read, but wife and I do not want to spend the time there dodging the keg stands or hopping over the passed out kid at the pool.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Sun Palace

by Agraichen Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Well, it's known for "Spring Break" but in reality Key West is much better. It's a party type resort for those that want to party. It's not as bad as a Saturday in Pikes Market for crowds, so there's the enjoyable side to get out on the beach and actually swim and see the sun.

I'm not certain it would be my frist NYE choice but I've not been there at that time so it could be a fun time. Hopefully some VTer has been there at NYE.

I know on the Baja NYE is pretty boring for our little village.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

by YVRDave Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Have a look at The Royal Hideaway in Playacar, that should fit you to a T. If you want Cancun, try the Royal Cancun, get a Royal Service room as it comes with access to a quiet private area

• africateach's Profile Photo

by africateach Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Thanks for the info. Palace looks great and great price through costco, but do you know first hand if it is a "party" place?

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

by YVRDave Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM

It is not known as a party place
    NYE isn't a real college kid time, it is mainly families that travel then so, you may be worrying about nothing

• gabesz's Profile Photo

by gabesz Online Now Nov 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Sun Palace is basically a time share hotel. If you do not own any of the time share units or memberhsip units as they call it, you will stay in the worst rooms unless you pay a fortune for the room. Plus you will be hounded by the time share sales people to buy a unit. And they cost a lot with supposed perks that you can get on your own for far less then what they claim they are worth.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines