Travel Answers
Cancuén

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I'm moving to Antigua Guatemala long term in the next couple of months , I need tips, ideas

Antigua Guatemala Yesterday

My name is Francisco, and I'll be moving to Antigua guatemala. I need tips on where is good to look for houses for rent long term as well as good pricing and security.? Also where to start looking for jobs etc. Any feed back will be appreciated . thanks

more
    • Safety/flooding in coban Guatemala

Cobán Jul 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

About to take my son to coban next week. Any concerns about safety or flooding?

more
    • Is Coban safe for tourists?

Cobán Jul 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I am traveling next week with my 11 year old son to Coban, Guatemala and i picked up two disturbing things online. So, I'm wondering if i need to rethink my trip and not go to Coban now.

Two concerns:
      1) Drug cartels from Mexico in Coban. I should have seen this earlier, but i was just checking on the weather and the safety of the roads due to the heavy rain when i saw a few articles about the fact that cartels were killing people in Coban. Is this still happening? Is this something that happens off the beaten track or should tourists worry about this, should i change my plans?

2) Flooding. I expected rain in the rainy season, but when i looked at the last ten days, it looked like there were severe rains and i saw flood warnings in other parts of Guatemala. If anyone is visiting there now, or recently, it would be great to get a sense of if this is a real problem or just the typical intermittent rain this time of year.

Thanks,

Paul

more
    • Transportation and Spanish schools?

San Pedro La Laguna Jun 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi there!
      I'm planning on spending August studying Spanish in Guatemala, ideally at la Coopertiva (but open to suggestions). I know next to no Spanish and will be a solo female traveller, so I'm a bit concerned about getting there alone. My two questions are:

1) What's the safest way to get there from the airport for someone who can't speak Spanish (yet)?
      2) If anyone has taken classes at La Coopertiva or another Spanish school in San Pedro, would you be willing to chat one on one about your experience?

Thanks!

more