change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• laxref's Profile Photo

Live music venues

by laxref Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 8:35 AM

My son is a musician (solo, alternative) and we are interesting in live music or "open mike" cafes in Canberra. Does anyone know of any in the city/area? Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2010 at 5:26 AM
    • ELMinthebreeze's Profile Photo

Tidbinbilla National Reserve: How to Get There

by ELMinthebreeze Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I will be in Canberra for 3 days approximately a week and a half from now. We would really like to spend a day in the Tidbinbilla National Reserve. However, we won't be renting a car there. (Neither of us is brave enough to take on the left side of the road!)

Do any of you know if there are any buses or trains that go out there? We'd even be willing to take a taxi, just as long as we knew they would go out there, and how much to budget for that roundtrip cab ride. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- ELM

4 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 5:01 PM
    • Accomodation for a month...

by ashasmash Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Hey there!
      I'm looking for accommodation for a month in Canberra possibly for one or two people. Does anyone know of any places around the city/belconnen that have a nice price or short term rental options?
      Thanks a bunch!

1 Answer Sep 22, 2007 at 3:16 AM
    • Canberra Seal

by lara.lou Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 3:22 AM

What is exactly the canberra Seal?

7 Answers Aug 3, 2007 at 3:33 AM
    • how muach does it cost

by alx90m Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 4:30 AM

How much did parliment house costto bild every thing?And how many days did i take to bild

2 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 7:18 PM
    • embassies map

by marto4bahrain Online Now Jun 24, 2007 at 8:23 AM

does anyknow know where i can get a map thats points out all the embassies around canberra

Im going down there in 3 weeks time & i want to see them all

3 Answers Jun 25, 2007 at 5:40 AM
    • Kyrgyz Embassy

by strouthesm Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Does anyone know where the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic is in Canberra? If so, does anyone have contact information?

Thanks very much in advance.

2 Answers Apr 30, 2007 at 8:06 PM
    • foreign currency exchange

by kimzhan Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Hi, I brought some US$ cash from overseas and would like to change to A$. As the exchange rate in the bank with cash is too high, I would like to know if anyone will travel to overseas need US$ and we can exchange for mutual benefit.

3 Answers Mar 13, 2007 at 3:09 AM
    • fernan_alba2003's Profile Photo

STNI Approval

by fernan_alba2003 Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Hello VT members!!! My application for STNI VISA Migration with ACT Government was finally approved last Feb 13, and I will lodge it with DIMIA in March. How long is the normal process with DIMIA for our Visa to come out? I am so excited to be in Canberra and hope to see you soon!!!

2 Answers Mar 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM
    • fernan_alba2003's Profile Photo

Moving to Canberra

by fernan_alba2003 Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Good day!!! I am planning to migrate to Canberra, do you know the locations of Filipino communities in Canberra? What about Communication Jobs, Is Canberra needs Telecommunication workers?

5 Answers Jan 27, 2007 at 3:55 AM
    • availability and rate

by smwchong Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Hi,

Wondering what's the cheapest rate you've got and is there availability for 2 on the 19/1/07 for 1 night?

Cheers,
      winnie

3 Answers Jan 10, 2007 at 9:16 PM
    • jacs3

by jacs3 Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 11:44 PM

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are about to move to Canberra. I have been there once in year 6 so we really have no idea about the city.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good suburbs to live in. We will be working in the city, so would like somewhere in the city or reasonable close with good public transport. We also want to be close to restaurants shops, pubs and general entertainment areas, or at least close to public transport.

Can you also give me an idea of how much we should expect to pay for a place; we will be renting and would like 2 bedrooms.

Thanks

1 Answer Dec 8, 2006 at 3:24 PM
    • AMC accommodation

by JudithScurfield Online Now Dec 3, 2006 at 4:05 PM

Seeking single person accommodation as close as possible to National Library of Australia (Barton, Forrest, Kingston area?) for 11 - 14 Feb. 2007, budget or 2-/3-star hotel or motel, if possible. Thank you - Judith.

• Parliament Buiding

by hpnotiq Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 10:56 PM

Hello

I am an architecture student and I am doing my thesis on a New Parliament Building. I love Canberra's Parliament Building and I would like to get any info. that I can via interview, questions, your opinion, etc. on the Parliament so that I can better inform the design of my Parliament Building. Can you please tell me more about the Parliament or if you will be interested in answering questions that I may have about it?

Thanks a lot
      V

2 Answers Oct 26, 2006 at 1:27 PM
    • Arial_27's Profile Photo

Canberra

by Arial_27 Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 8:28 PM

Hello,

I'm just wondering: how far approximately does it take to get from Canberra to Sydney or Melbourne? I am looking to travel by bus since I can't drive in Australia... :( I'm just wondering how much time I'm looking at, and how expensive it is.

Thanks!

Arial

6 Answers Nov 19, 2006 at 1:18 PM
    • rpeer's Profile Photo

Nordic Café?

by rpeer Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Hello

Does the Nordic Café at the Centrepoint Petrie Plaza still exist? I can't reach it by phone. ((02) 6257 9086)

Roli

1 Answer Feb 24, 2007 at 4:34 AM
    • thedouglas's Profile Photo

What clothes to bring to Canberra right now?

by thedouglas Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 7:55 PM

My son is travelling to Canberra tomorrow - and, as all parents know, we don't actually know anything - so, can any Canberran or recent visitor please advise how warmly he will need to dress - and the types of warm clothing to ideally take? Thanks.

11 Answers Mar 7, 2007 at 5:39 AM
    • Budget accomodation next to Rydges Lakeside Canberra

by prata111 Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Hi!
      We are going for a convention held at Rydges Lakeside Canberra at London Circuit

Instead of staying at this hotel, we appreciate if you could recommend a few other budget hotels next to Rydges Lakeside.

Thanks!
      Rydges Lakeside is at
      London Circuit
      Canberra City
      ACT 2600

3 Answers Jun 3, 2006 at 8:44 AM
    • Mez77's Profile Photo

What are these suburbs like to live?

by Mez77 Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 12:20 AM

Hi all,

I'm moving back to Canberra after nearly 8 years away. Work is offering to provide me a house in one of these locations:
      - Gungahlin
      - Jerrabomberra
      - Queanbeyan

I was wondering if anyone can give me positives or negatives for these locations. I don't have children and I'll be working in the city. I'd like to be close to cafes, restaurants and shops but that may not be possible.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Mia

4 Answers Jun 11, 2006 at 2:01 AM
    • matthewmerrington's Profile Photo

im moving to canberra

by matthewmerrington Online Now May 7, 2006 at 4:05 PM

gday all,

after a quick trip to India, Pakistan etc Im moving back to Canberra around July 10. Has there been any VT meetings in Canberra lately? Are there any VTers at the ANU?
      Hope to meet some fellow VTers.

take care,
      Mat

1 Answer May 27, 2006 at 9:59 PM
    • VolsUT's Profile Photo

Help Need job in Canberra

by VolsUT Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 12:18 PM

I will be moving to Canberra in August and need a job before I get there. I
      will only need temporary work 3 months or so until I come home. Im moving
      there for fun Im graduating college in May and thought an Australian adventure would be fun. If anyone is capable or knows anyone who is capable of hiring a
      new college grad for a short time please let me know.

4 Answers May 27, 2006 at 10:09 PM
    • one-day tour guide in rockhampton

by con_student Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 12:41 AM

Will be in Rockie for a short visit from the 17th to 20th. Need a guide to show me around the hot spots.

con

3 Answers Oct 13, 2005 at 6:47 PM
    • peterANDsharon's Profile Photo

Quick trip to Canberra

by peterANDsharon Online Now Oct 26, 2004 at 4:55 AM

Does anyone have some suggestions on the 'must' see & do's for Canberra? We are driving from Melbourne to Canberra on a Saturday, and return to Melb on Tuesday. This means we only have: Saturday late afternoon, all day Sunday & Monday, and leave by midday Tuesday. Short stay, but better than nothing ! Any suggestions greatly appreciated ! many thanks -Peter & Sharon

11 Answers Dec 31, 2004 at 7:34 AM
    • going to darwin?

by windlero Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 9:39 PM

Hello, I will be returning from the Solomon Islands in October, and travelling from Canberra to Darwin by car from the 11th to around the 14th. Flying trip I know, but if you want to travel to Darwin by road and not take weeks doing so, here is your chance. Will be leaving early on the 11th and will use whatever accom available during the trip. I am a decent aussie guy who has spent the last 3 months working to help clean up the Solomon's who just wants to go home! Unfortunately my car is in Canberra. All I ask is that you help with costs and enjoy pleasant conversation.

1 Answer May 7, 2006 at 4:07 PM
    • setsaas's Profile Photo

Photo sites in Canberra

by setsaas Online Now Sep 4, 2004 at 2:36 AM

Hi all. I'll be staying in Canberra the last two weeks of September, and will bring my camera. Do you know of any good photo sites, for nature and wildlife photography?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2006 at 11:36 PM
    • Canberra to Melbourne.... July. What route?

by Beschera Online Now Apr 25, 2004 at 2:28 PM

Note: I've posted this in the Melbourne forum as well. I will be driving from Canberra to Melbourne in July after having visited Sydney first. I was hoping to drive via Cooma on the Monaro Highway and then onto the Princes Highway. It seems as though it would be preferrable to the Hume Highway as I'd rather see more of the area instead of speeding through on a motorway. Any advice on this? I was planning on taking two days from Canberra to Melbourne. If I do take this route, any suggestions for where to spend the night midway? Where to stop enroute?, etc.? Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 27, 2004 at 5:45 AM
    • Can u provide some information on macquarie university and austalian national university?

by winterjen Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 5:19 AM

hello everyone...i have a tough question.i'm torn between choosing austalian national university and macquarie university?I'm thinking of taking accounting,so can u provide me some information on which uni is stronger in accounting education?thank you for your help...:):):)

4 Answers Jun 24, 2004 at 12:22 AM
    • Looking for Advice!

by cheriec Online Now Apr 4, 2004 at 5:11 PM

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this summer and would like to travel from Canada to somewhere special with great food, friendly staff, and spotless accommodations. Sightseeing and sandy beaches would be a bonus! Any advice from travelers would sure be appreciated! Thanks!

9 Answers Sep 4, 2004 at 1:17 AM
    • How cold in April.

by CEgan Online Now Apr 3, 2004 at 7:24 AM

I am coming from Perth which can get very cold at night down to 0c in the winter and was wondering at that time of the year is Canberra colder then 0c and what sort of clothing would you recommend for the city. Will be there for 5 days from the 21st of April.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 1:54 AM
    • sydney to canberra

by paritosh Online Now Jan 30, 2004 at 11:49 PM

I ll be in canberra from 7th march 2004 to attend a medical conference. Sugget me the cheapest way to reach there from Sydney. thanks

3 Answers Feb 2, 2004 at 11:05 PM