Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where can I go sailing in Albany

Albany Dec 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Who can take me sailing in Albany?

more
    • toll roads

Blue Mountains Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be driving from blacktown.. katoomba lithgow...bells lane....mt tomah botanical gardens...penrith..then back to blacktown via featherdale wildlife park

I will be in a hire car...am I correct in my assumption from my reseach that for this routing I will not also need to hire the freeway/motorway auto toll pass unit ....

Thank you

more
    • buying prawns

Maroochydore Dec 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

when can I buy the best prawns - is there a fishing co-op?
      thanks

more
    • Tour Help!

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Dec 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM

We are looking for a tour leaving on a Thurs afternoon from Alice springs for 2 nights then returning to Alice Springs. Are there any like this?

more
    • Tiparoch's Profile Photo

Bathurst Harbour - worth the trip?

State of Tasmania Dec 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Am considering going to Bathurst Harbour for the day...anyone been? Is it worth it to fly in for the day?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Queen Mary 2..city shuttle bus stop

Brisbane Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know where the cruise ship shuttle bus (from the Queen Mary 2) usually stops/picks up in Brisbane city

Thank you
      Geoff

more
    • I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

Whitsunday Islands Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

more
    • Donuts anyone?

Perth Yesterday

I'm returning to Perth this afternoon and my sister in law has asked me to bring her donuts from the airport. Am I allowed to do this? Won't customs confiscate my donuts?

more
    • Lobster fishing

Port MacDonnell Dec 15, 2014 at 1:54 AM

how and where can we do lobster fishing in Port Macdonnell?

more
    • Excited On January AFC CUP 2015

Sydney Dec 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

It's My first time to visit australia and will be traveling there for the AFC Asian Cup 2015 as a representative for continental tyres as one of the sponsors #ContinentalTyresAFC i will be one of the people to travel over australia on january. Being a football fan myself i am excited, but its going to be mostly work also. Anyways was wondering where are some of the places good to visit? like some tourist spot area? I was pre planning some places to visit on to, I had check some hotels from here already and we had some for booking.

more
    • esk antquie shop

Esk Dec 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM

could anyone please advise me the phone number of the esk antquie centre located on the main road near highland street? or does anyone know their trading hours?

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

accomodations in Perth, airport or downtown

Perth Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I will be arriving Perth on sunday night May 3 around 1130pm. Can anyone give any idea where to stay close to airport or possibly going downtown this late at night. All answers would be welcome and appreciated.

more
    • 7 Day Stay in Perth

Perth Dec 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi! I'm a Singaporean girl, 21 years old, going to Perth in January 2015 with two friends. I'm wondering how much I should budget for a week's holiday?

Accommodation is accounted for as I'll be staying with a family friend. We are planning to go to Fremantle, Caversham Wildlife Park, Hillary's Boat Harbour, Watertown Brand Outlet Centre, London Courts, Cottlesloe and Coogee Beach. At least, that's the items on our list now but it's open to change!

I don't plan on doing much shopping apart from token souvenirs here and there, and I'm not too big a spender on food... I've been told by a close friend who lives in Perth that I have to budget around $25 for a meal there, is that true? It's my first time travelling with people who aren't family so I'm a bit lost, sorry!

Please advise! Thank you!:)

more
    • Local guides in Kalbarri?

Kalbarri Dec 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If I have all the required permits from DPAW and the Museum of WA, are there any local guides who can help me reach the Zuytdorp wreck site from the NW Highway and down the Vermin Proof Fence?
      I can probably do it fine alone, but some local knowledge is always good.
      (I can't go via the Murchison House Station property in January because they're mustering)
      Thanks

more
    • Updated Travel Pass Info

Sydney Dec 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM

The travel pass info on this site seems to be dated. We will be in Sydney five nights and will likely use ferries, buses, and trains to sight see. It is unlikely that we will venture out beyond the city. What is the most economical transport pass for our length of stay. We will be arriving and departing by air. Thanks.

more
    • grasshopperlk's Profile Photo

3 or 4 star hotel in Canberra ?

by grasshopperlk Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Can you please recommend a 3 star or 4 star hotel in canberra for a night stay over + breakfast the next day and checking out

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 1:47 AM
    • grasshopperlk's Profile Photo

3 or 4 star hotel in Canberra ?

by grasshopperlk Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Can you please recommend a 3 star or 4 star hotel in canberra for a night stay over + breakfast the next day and checking out

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    • Cheap and delicious Kangaroo Steak

by winner71 Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Where we can find deliecious kangaroo steak in Canberra with tight budget? Must be opened until late night. Thank you

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    • What's on?

by Lui55 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 3:05 AM

What's good to do in Canberra for a couple of days this week?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Canberra with kids

by CandS Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Hi! Going to Canberra next Monday and would like some recommendations for somewhere good to eat...minimum of 4 adults and 6 kids (max up to about 8 adults and 11 kids if everyone can make it). Would love somewhere with a playroom of some sorts. Preferably in the Belconnen area. Thanks in advance! :)

1 Answer Apr 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Wine Bars Canberra

by pedroswift Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Looking for personal recommendation for modern winebar(s) preferably with a good range of local wines and a good kitchen.

9 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • peterseaford's Profile Photo

motor home parking in Canberra

by peterseaford Online Now Jan 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

holidaying in 24' self contained motor home . would parking cause a problem for us at say the National Gallery and the War Museum as we would like to drive to each location and also are there locations where free overnight stop is allowed close to Canberra city.

thanks

6 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • one day in Canberra

by travelnut55 Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I plan to spend only one day in Canberra with a one day bus pass - any must see places along the bus routes?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    • Queen's Terrace Cafe

by travelnut55 Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

SHould I go there for lunch? Is is cheap?? What do they serve??

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    • Where to keep luggage and sightseeing

by travelnut55 Online Now Dec 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Hi,
      Can someone advise me as to where I should keep my carry on luggage.??
      I'll take a bus to Canberra with my carry on. Hate to bring it around while I go around the city. Any lockers near Action bus area?? OR the Parliament??
      National library??? I'm willing to pay a fee.
      Thank you for your suggestion.

4 Answers Dec 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    • katomatic's Profile Photo

Coming to holiday in Canberra for first time

by katomatic Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hi All
      Hope u can help. Hope to come down early December. What are best freebies Canberra has to offer?
      Do you have a regular bus service around city centre? Do you have a day traveller or similar transport discount ticket/card?
      Is it an easy level walk from War Memorial to Capital Hill to Civic shops? how long in minutes please walking from War Memorial to say Civic?
      How long do we need to allow to see War Memorial from "top to toe"
      What is your top 5 tourist sights you would recommend?
      Anything else you may like to impart on excited, soon to be new visitors to your city.
      Thanks
      Katomatic

6 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    • shopping

by ourfarmer Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Will be in Canberra on saturday and am looking for dr martens that arent full retail price-any ideas? We are country folk and have no idea.....

• peteyjim's Profile Photo

Ugh, not again

by peteyjim Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Heading back down to Canberra soon with the wife & kids to visit friends. Does anyone know of any good family accommodation nearby Belconnen? So far everywhere we've stayed in this ultra-lively city has sucked badly.

I'll be breathing a sigh of relief as we drive back across into NSW, I tell you.

6 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    • Vistit to Canberra

by yeeleechu Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I am going to Canberra in July to apply for my Singapore passport, can you suggest a backpacker nearby or convenient to take a bus there?

4 Answers Feb 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Hotel in Canberra

by wise23girl Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM

We want to spend 2 nights in Canberra in August . We would like something nice,a bit of atmosphere near to shops/boutiques/coffee shops in or close to city centre on the Narrabundah side of town(we go to a party there)if this scenario exists.
      I have looked at Canberra but cannot quite pick the best spot.
      Thanks.

9 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 2:00 AM
    • GOOD PICINIC PARK IN CANBERRA

by MARGHE1843 Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I'm organising a group of 40+ persons to visit the National Gallary next month. I would like to give them the option of a pic-nic in one of Canberra's beautiful parks.
      I cannot remember if there is one with COVERED tables (in case of rain!!).Can anyone help? Thank you very much.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    • wrggrant's Profile Photo

may visit

by wrggrant Online Now Jan 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I plan to visit canberra for 3 days in may before driving north to brisbane.
      Is Parliament open to visitors in may?

What other must see attractions should i visit.

7 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    • Entertainment in Canberra

by ckkwok Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM

May I know what's the usual entertainment for families with children in Canberra?

20 Answers Sep 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    • missy.pulliam's Profile Photo

Mysterious Lake George

by missy.pulliam Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM

One of the reviewers (schmoopy) described Mysterious Lake George as lying about 20 miles from Canberra and a beautiful place to visit. It would be interesting to know what activities are available and info on camping facilities available, if any?

3 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    • youngken's Profile Photo

Public Transport at Australia Institute of Sport

by youngken Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I will stay at YHA Canberra City Central.
      How can I reach Australia Institute of Sport?
      Any good suggestion?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    • What is the Electrical Appliance voltage in Canberra

by KIMPEK Online Now Feb 9, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Hi,

My friend will be going to study in ANU soon, and she would like to know the price rang for rice cooker and water boiler, and also the voltage use in Australia ..

Please advise urgently, as she is going on this Tueday night.

Thank you

kim

7 Answers Feb 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    • quest canberra photo

by in_spots Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 4:44 PM

does somebody have some photos / pictures of quest canberra studio apartment?

because no photo of the room is available here.

thanks

1 Answer Sep 21, 2008 at 11:21 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

accomodation in kambah area of Tuggeranong

by vpas Online Now Aug 8, 2008 at 2:09 AM

I am looking for inexpensive accomodation for one adult and two children aged below 15,for three weeks with a kitchen and bathroom in kambah area,preferably near Learmonth drive.Please suggest some self catering units or small houses for short term rents.I need it in the end of October till middle of November 2008.
      Vpas

3 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    • RE: Snow at Corin Forest

by chicks4612 Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 2:45 AM

I was just wondering, after reading a recent blurb, how the bushfires have affected the snow at Corin.

9 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

travel time between canberra and Melbourne

by vpas Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 2:05 AM

How long would it take by a)bus b)train from Canberra to Melbourne and how which it cost by bus and how much by train?
      Vpas

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

inexpensive,but clean accomodation in Tuggeranong area

by vpas Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I have to be in Canberra for some treatment of children in the suburb of tuggeranong area(learmonth drive) for three weeks in october 2008.could someone suggest inexpensive accomodation/self catering place?Also is there any store/grocery shop in learmonth drive?
      vpas

• vpas's Profile Photo

Victor Lodge in Dawes Street

by vpas Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Does anyone know whether,Victor Lodge,in Daves Street,Kingston,is near this address --
      Learmonth Drive,Kambah,ACT
      and Also is it a safe place for a non-white single woman to stay?
      Please respond asap.
      Regards,
      Vpas

4 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

accomodation

by vpas Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 2:32 AM

I am looking for accomodation in Canberra just for one night in the second week of July,near this address -- Learmonth Drive,Kambah ACT,2902,Australia.
      Can anyone suggest in which area I should look for accomodation,or can someone suggest a particular place that is budget,clean and safe for a single woman.Please hurry,since my travel dates are nearing.
      Vpas

5 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

hillside health clinic

by vpas Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone know where this place is located?how far is it from Jolimont bus station?How can I reach there from the bus station?
      Thank you,
      Regards,
      Vpas

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 6:02 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Hotel

by yvr Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have not been able to locate any reviews regarding Hotel Formule 1,in Canberra, part of the Accor group. Does anyone have any information regarding the quality of this property? It is located at Federal Highway and Antill St.
      Thanks

8 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 5:48 AM