Canberra Travel Answers

change location
fernan_alba2003's Profile Photo

STNI Approval

by fernan_alba2003 Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Hello VT members!!! My application for STNI VISA Migration with ACT Government was finally approved last Feb 13, and I will lodge it with DIMIA in March. How long is the normal process with DIMIA for our Visa to come out? I am so excited to be in Canberra and hope to see you soon!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • oisha's Profile Photo

RE: STNI Approval

by oisha Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 4:41 AM

Hi Fernando
    The best people to ask about how long DIMIA will take is DIMIA and other migrants like yourself. We ordinary Canberrans don't have a clue. Have you already arrived in Canberra? What is an STNI visa?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: STNI Approval

by fernan_alb2003 Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM

hi thank you for taking sometime to answer...STNI is a Government Sponsorship Visa, it is a Permanent residency visa or State Territory Nominated Independent visa, I have applied for this Government Sponsorship Visa last January 25 and the ACT Govt approved it last Feb 13...I just have to lodge my Visa application with DIMIA and attachment to my application is the ACT Government Sponsorship Appproval...But I have also received a Job Offer from a Telecom Company in NZ and I'd rather consider NZ first before I go for Canberra, I'll try to earn some more funds before we move to Canberra, I haven't been to Australia yet or in ACT in particular so I expect Canberrans to be as friendly as i ever imagined. Hope to see you when we get there. Thanks

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines