Canakkale Ili Travel Answers

change location
putns's Profile Photo

is it still warm?

by putns Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 3:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I am planning a short stay in Behramkale after midSeptember and then go down more South as far as probably Kusadasi. Will the sea still be warm enough for swimming and snorkeling? My plans are flexible and can be changed if I get a good advise here. Previously I have visited Mediterrian islands untill midOctober and it was ok, however, the coast might be different. Looking forward to hear from experts!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Re: is it still warm?

by Tuna_ank Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 5:15 AM

I am not expert. :-)) But the weather is still warm here. Canakkale's sea can be a bit cold but I am sure Kusadasi will be still warm. Antalya and that coast can be warmer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Re: is it still warm?

by Sirvictor Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 2:43 AM

As you are coming from Iceland you need to warm your bones at Alanya or Antalya. Behramkale and Kusadasi is not good for swimming and sunning.
    Behramkale is just at the spot whre the icy cold waters of Black Sea and windy and cold waters of Aegean meets. There is another undersea sweet coldwater current. Even in July and august Behramkale and Kusadasi the Sea is cold. Kusadasi,Behramkale, Antalya and Alanya are not good for snorkeling.. Kas (read: Kash),and Demre is very good. On the other hand Kusadasi and Selcuk is very good for a touristic historical trip. At Selcuk you can visit the antic Roman city Ephesus, home of Mother Mary and church and grave of St. John. At Demre you can visit the chuch and grave of Santa Claus.
    Which do you prefer Bone Warming or Living in the past?
    Have a nice trip

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Canakkale Ili Travel Answer Locations