Canakkale Travel Answers

change location

One day tour of Troy and Gallipoli

by julia953 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM

We are going to come to Canakkale and stay on 9 April and the nextday we want to tour bth sights then head off to Istanbul

Which company tours both sites in a day and how much will it cost?

Also how much will a bus cost to get us back to the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul?

Kind regards,
Julia

Also we are hoping to travel here by bus from Kusadasi does Truva offer such a service still?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: One day tour of Troy and Gallipoli

by balhannah Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I travelled from Istanbul to Canakkale last year with Truva, cost 30tl, then went from Canakkale to Izmir with Truva. check my Canakkale & Gallipoli pages for information on what the tours entail. Click on "balhannah' above photo to take you to those pages

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM

That is a lot to do in a day. I left Canakkale early for Galipolli and got into Istanbul late afternoon travelling on from Galipolli. That was without going to Troy first which as you know is in the other direction. I did spend a bit of time at Galipolli. It sounds like you want to do both things, return to Canakkale and then travel to Istanbul - have I got that right?

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

You probably would need 3days, 1 day travel to Istanbul, 1day travel from Kusadasi or Izmir to Canakkale, and a day to see Troy, canakkale & Gallipoli

• theplummedgoose's Profile Photo

by theplummedgoose Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM

as most people do İstanbul-çanakkale-izmir all the tours are organised that way.

all daily tours to the battlefields start at 12h30 to finish around 17h30/18h00.
    all daily tours to troy start at 08h30 to finish at 11h30/12h00.

In your case the best would be to make your way to çanakkale on day 1 from kuşadasi via izmir.

do both the troy and gallipoli tour on day 2.

move on to istanbul.

you can stay in çanakkale or in eceabat or in the national park.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines