change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Cameroon Travel Answer Locations

• Least wet month in rainy season ?

Limbe May 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I'm planning to volunteer in Limbe for a month anytime between July and September. As I heard the rainy season is between June and September I was wondering which would be the best time to go. Is the rain getting worse the later it gets or is there a different pattern ?
      On a different note, which other month would you recommend out of the whole year ?

Many thanks
      Carolin

4 Answers May 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM
    • Going to Cmeroon Limbe Debuncha

Limbe Feb 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hello,
      I will be spending three weeks in Limbe, Debuncha Cameroon. Needs a local to take me around while there. Any suggestions??????

7 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    • cost of living in cameroon

Cameroon Jan 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hello.

I am thinking about working in bastos, yaounde.

My salary would be around 3,000 us dollars if i got the job. Is it okay to live in yaounde?

I heard the things are pretty expensive there (for exmaple, rents) and I really want to save as much as I can.

I'd really appreciate any comments about the cost of living in yaounde!

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Mount Cameroon

Cameroon Dec 27, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Hi,

We want to climb the mount cameroon with a guided tour. Do we need to bring our own tent, sleeping bag,...or is this provided bij the tour agency? How cold can it get during the night in this time of year?
      Thanks!!

6 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • canadian minors under 14 years getting a visa

Cameroon Oct 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM

What if a 14 year old or younger canadian's parents don't have a passport? The 13 year olds is getting a visa to go to cameroon

12 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    • Trekking in the ring road region

Cameroon Sep 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

hello,
      we (m+w, 33+30 years old) want to do a trekking tour in the ring road region for a couple of weeks. we would like to find a local person with a mule or another animal which could carry our stuff. the person should know the region, accompany us and, in case, negotiate for us with the local people. it doesn't have to be a professional guide. we just want a local person to be with us, so it's easier to connect to the people there.

we have two main questions:
      1) do you have any experience with trekking in the ring road region?
      2) what would such a person cost per day?

thank you very much for your tips and ideas! :)

• Education And Living.

Yaounde Sep 21, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Hi I'm a white, British girl and i just wanted to ask... What education is there in Yaounde, Cameroon for 16 or 17 year olds? Would i have to pay for education there? And would i need a visa to live in Cameroon? Any advice or answers... ThankYou.

3 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • What type of bag to bring?

Cameroon Jun 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I'm going to be studying abroad in Cameroon for four months and I'm trying to figure out what type of luggage to bring. Initially I was going to take a large rolling suitcase, but now I'm thinking I should take a travel backpack as I'll be moving between cities while I'm there. Any thoughts?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

10-year old children in Carmenoon like what?

Cameroon May 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Hi, I have a sponsored child of 10-year old living in the Mozogo Council Area. I want to send her a gift. What do you think is appropraite? I have some ideas in mind:
      1. Drawing book with cartoon (but she may not familiar with the characters?)
      2. Folding papers (would paper be something rare that should be used for writing instead of being "wastered" to fold?)
      3. stickers (again, should I get her cartoon or just anything cute?)
      I want to avoid hard feeling of others but still give out something that can cheer up kids whom they enjoy. Thanks.

3 Answers May 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • Buea

Cameroon May 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Hi, I wondered whether anyone has any tips for what to see in the area around Buea and possibly Bamenda? I will be there for a couple of weeks from 11th May to the 26th. Would be hugely grateful for any suggestions. Best, Ben

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 5:06 AM
    • limbe attraction

Limbe Mar 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM

what attractions in limbe would interest some one from USA

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • Mt. Cameroon to Ring Road Journey...Safe?

Cameroon Dec 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi there,

I am planning on traveling to Cameroon in February of 2013 and would like to climb Mt. Cameroon and then head up to the ring road. Does anyone know of the best way to travel from the area of Mt. Cameroon up to Bamenda (car, train, bus)? And what is the safety like in this area...I notice it looks fairly close to the Bakassi Peninsula and wanted to be sure it would be ok to make this journey. And how much time would be necessary to see all of this...3 days to hike, one day to travel to Bamenda and then maybe 5 days in the Ring Road area?
      I appreciate any advice you have. Thank you!

1 Answer Feb 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • safety

Province de l' Ouest Dec 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Hello,
      I would like to travel to Cameroon in April this year to do volunteer work. The project is in province l'Ouest around Foumban. I was wondering of anybody know's something about the safety there. How save is it for a wihte girl to walk around there?
      Thanks a lot!

1 Answer May 26, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Am I a Minor?

Cameroon Nov 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Im 19 and looking to get a visa into cameroon for a trip im doing with my school. I know that in both cameroon and the US the age a legal adult hood is 18, but some Visa Application sites say that untill you're 20, you have to apply for a visa as a minor. Is this true? If so do i still have to appy for the Visa as a minor if i'll be 20 when i go, but 19 when i appy? If so is thier a loop hole where you dont need parents signatures?

4 Answers Dec 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    • Yaoundé airport - Money exchange

Cameroon Nov 12, 2012 at 5:54 AM

Hello,

our flight from Brussels to Yaoundé will arrive at the international airport in the evening. Do you know if there is an ATM or some other opportunity of changing € there?

Thank you very much in advance,
      s.

3 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    • kcj427's Profile Photo

packing

Bamenda Sep 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

What to pack for a year in bamenda?

2 Answers Oct 8, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    • List of bus companies in Yaounde Cameroon?

Cameroon Aug 13, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I am arranging a trip for about 170 people. Is is possible to get a list of bus companie and hotes in Yoaunde Cameroon?

4 Answers Oct 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    • ATM Mastercard

Yaounde Jul 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I having a problem in getting an ATM card for Mastercard/Cirrus network. Does anyone knows, where I can find one?

Thanks,
      Joseph

14 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • TRAVELS TO HINA

Cameroon Apr 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I am planning to travel to Hina soon. What is the best way to get there, and are they any recommendations for a place to stay?

• loredana31's Profile Photo

how to live in Kribi? do you think?

Kribi Feb 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM

how to live in Kribi? do you think?

8 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 6:43 AM
    • Terrain around Bertoua

Bertoua Feb 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM

I'd like to know what the terrain around Bertoua is like. I'll be travelling there soon and want to know this. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    • Headed to Cameroon for 1 month

Cameroon Jan 22, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Hi all,
      I am going to Cameroon in February for just over a month. I will be based in Yaounde, doing some volunteer work for an organization there. I also hope to see as much of the country as possible, but I am hearing that it's really hard to get around, so I might not end up having the time to go everywhere. Also, I am a solo female who only speaks basic French (and doesn't have a lot of money to spend).
      Suggestions for can't-miss destinations, and/or any other considerations I should be aware of?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • lpfaye's Profile Photo

Solo woman traveler has concerns...

Cameroon Dec 15, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Hello - I am the (youthful) 62 year old white American woman who has traveled the world alone... On
      Dec 7th I posted my concerns about traveling solo in Cameroon, and I received a couple of very helpful replies. One gentleman said he thought it should be okay, but suggested that I rent a car with a driver to accompany me on my journey. I think that sounds like a great idea, and may be the solution to my concerns. I've tried Googling the possibilities for finding such an arrangement, but I'm not quite sure how to decipher the results. Can anyone recommend a specific company, or place to look for renting a car & driver. (BTW-I plan on traveling mainly in the two western provinces, as I do not speak French.)
      THANKS! Lynn

4 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Japetrus's Profile Photo

Daughter Medical Student Travelling to Kumba, Cameroon - Worried Mom

Kumba Dec 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Can anyone ease the mind of a worried mom? whose daughter will be traveling to Kumba, Cameroon with other Medical Students this May, 2012. Any advice will be greatful. What to bring and packing advise will be greatly appreciated.

She is so excited and can't wait to get there and see the country and meet the people and live the culture.

Thanks
      Jackie Petrus
      (Nervouse Mom)

4 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM
    • lpfaye's Profile Photo

Solo woman traveler has concerns...

Cameroon Dec 7, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Hello - I am a (youthful) 62 year old white American woman who has traveled the world alone - but my last trip was 6 years ago (so I'm rusty). Initially I thought Cameroon would be a fine place for me to resume my travels (I love Africa... been there about 8 times - 6 different countries). But the more I Google Cameroon, the more risky & dangerous it sounds (kidnappings, violent assaults, rapes, murders!). So now I am hesitant (and frankly scared). But if I could communicate with even one woman who has recently traveled there alone, and says it's okay - then I would still definitely go.
      Anybody out there who can advise me if it would be OK for me to go (I've been planning for February or March).
      THANKS!
      All best, lpfaye

7 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    • Embassy of Cameroon for Phil national

Cameroon Nov 29, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I am looking for the Cameroon embassy in Philippines. I am a Philippine national traveling to cameroon for a bussiness trip. What are the embassy that covered our country if none? any contact emails or website?

Thanks in adavance for your reply.

5 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    • Transport Possibilities

Cameroon Oct 30, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Hello VT’ers
      In January 2012 I’ll be staying in Yaoundé for a few weeks. I would like to visit a health project of a colleague of mine in the village called Batouri.
      Is it advisable to rent a 4x4 or should I go for an ordinary taxi or public transport?
      Can somebody please give me some useful information?
      Merci,
      Jean LS

7 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM
    • How can I travel to Cameroon from East Africa (Tanzania, Kenia, etc)

Cameroon Jul 16, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Hi,
      Next year, I would like to visit a friend in Tanzania and then continue to Cameroon for volunteer work. Any suggestions on how to get there that don't involve 800$ flights...?
      I could travel from Tanzania to Kenia if that would make it easier.

THANKS!
      Anne

4 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

Douala airport to Limbe

Cameroon May 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I have to goto cameroon in less than a week .
      Is there any good bus service from douala airport to Limbe ?
      OR
      Are taxis the only option ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM
    • Buns construction Company Ltd.

Limbe Apr 25, 2011 at 7:08 AM

My husband has been offered a welding job in Limbe. I am trying to verify what kinda of reputable company he will be working for. Does anyone have any information about Buns Construction Company Ltd. there in Limbe,Cameroon??? Anything anyone can tell us will help in knowing who he will be woking for. Thank you so much!!!

6 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM