Cameroon Travel Answers

change location

Can Cameroon residents leave to US

by rickz2 Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 4:40 PM

say for a visit. I am interested in a lady and wonder how easy it is for a resident to get a passport and visa to US. How long must one wait to get married if I was to go there. Thanks everyone!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • atufft's Profile Photo

Re: Can Cameroon residents leave to US

by atufft Online Now Nov 15, 2004 at 1:30 AM

If I understand your query correctly, you are engaged and want to get married to an American citizen. My wife and I had this problem. I found her in Venezuela, and shortly thereafter I had to return for work in the USA. I didn't want to leave her behind as she waited for a spousal visa, so this is what we did. She got a tourist Visa using her own financial support papers and returned with me to the USA. Then, we immediately got married. Soon after, she processed for work permit and residency based on the fact that she had married an American citizen. The interview was tricky. We had to keep our story straight as we affirmed the fact that she had come on a tourist visa for the purposes of travel, and that our engagement and marriage was a completely spontaneous and real event that occured in the USA. I don't know if the INS will go for this anymore, given 911, but why not? The real world is full of love and lovers really shouldn't be separated. However, the INS is always on the watch for marriages of convenience for purposes of immigration.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cameroon Travel Answer Locations