change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• StassS's Profile Photo

Walk Hampshire - England

Hampshire Nov 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Does there anybody here live in Alton, Hampshire, or is there anybody here is a walk-enthusiast, who had done some walks in Hampshire : Alton - Chawton - Farringdon (Upper) - Selborne; walk the South Down National Park and / or benefiting the South Down's rambler services (Refer to : Visit-Winchester or Visit-Hampshire) ?
      I am interested in those activities, yet haven't "seen" the latest reviews on them.
      Thanks anyone for sharing and posting reviews.

• paddington28's Profile Photo

Best Indian in town

Basingstoke Nov 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Off to Basingstoke for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Sat/Sun

Can anyone recommend a good Indian/Chinese for 2 people on a Saturday evening,

• Send a gift

Newcastle upon Tyne Nov 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM

My Granddaughter is studying in Newcastle University. I want to send her either candy/flowers for her birthday but I would like to order them from a local shop. Any recommendations?
      I would charge the item since I live in NY

• Restaurants with fairy lights.

London Nov 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Hi there, so my question isn't really a travel related question at all it's actually just about dining in London.. I'm trying to be very picky but I'm looking for a nice romantic restaurant of any cuisine that is decorated with fairy lights, now I know this sounds crazy but my parter has wanted to go to a restaurant of this description for some time and I just haven't been able to find anywhere. Somewhere that uses fairy lights to decorate the inside of the restaurant or even the trees around the building and things like that.. I really hope someone can help me! Thank you all for reading!

• Night out near wembley post concert

London Nov 7, 2015 at 7:16 AM

I am going to a concert in Wembley on a Saturday night and I would like to go out afterwards... My question is where can I stay so there is nearby access to it worth staying nearer the city?or should I stay near the arena and go out around there?sorry I really don't know the area at all but will be travelling by tube. Any advice would be really appreciated!

• kimilena's Profile Photo

Transport to Manchester Airport

Blackpool Nov 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Hi there, what is the cheapest airport transfer from Blackpool to Manchester?

• Christmas market from Dakota Nottingham

Nottingham Nov 19, 2015 at 10:13 AM

The best method of transport to get from the dakota nottingham hotel to the old market square (where the christmas market will be?)

• Do I need a VIsa

Heathrow Nov 18, 2015 at 7:40 PM

So I booked my flight from DME (Moscow) to Boston and i have a 2 hour layover in Heathrow. I was wondering if I will need to change the airport or to get out from the gate? Will a need a transit visa? I am a citizen of Vietnam

• Transit Visa required for UK if flight lands departs from same terminal? (Passport Indian Citizen)

Heathrow Oct 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM

I'm Indian citizen working in amsterdam with residence permit of netherland. I'm having flight from amsterdam to delhi via LHR. Do i need transit Visa if my flight is from same terminal with a layover of 5 hours. If yes, then please can you tell me what is the process and fees of the same. Also my first flight is of KLM (Amsterdam to LHR) and second flight is Jet Airways (LHR to New Delhi). There is change of planes so do i need to check in again and go from border control?? Please advice.....

• Minibus/Van from Central London Hotel to Airport

London Oct 31, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Greetings guys.
      My group of 12 paxs will be staying in 2 nearby locations (within 500m) in Lambert, London. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest to me how to hire a minibus/van or any better way to go to Gatwick Airport?
      Thank you.

Wanzul WD.

• Can I use Flight Connections Bus-separate tickets and no checked bags?

Heathrow Nov 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM

I have two separate tickets--Virgin Atlantic from the U.S. to LHR arriving Terminal 3 and then a British Airways flight from Terminal 5 to Brussels. No checked baggage and I'll have my boarding pass for BA flight with me (on phone and paper backup). Can I use the "Flight Connections" path and bus to transfer to Terminal 5? Or must I follow the "Arrivals" path and then have to get over to Terminal 5 on my own via Tube or Heathrow Express?

• first impression

Brighton Nov 1, 2015 at 4:24 AM

whats your first impression about brighton?

• SarahM1104's Profile Photo

The Lion King

London Nov 1, 2015 at 6:14 AM

My class and I come from Germany.We were in London for one week. We showed the musical ,,The Lion King´´. I knew the lion king as a cartoon film and it gives the lion king one,two and three .I ask if this gives as a musical.That was cool.?

• Walking in Cambridge at late hours

Cambridge Sep 30, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Hi, I would like to know if its ok to walk home at about 11:30pm after work. I'll work in my college and the apartment is 5-6 minutes away, but I still worried. The apartment is on Victoria Road. I think the area is well lit, but I haven't been there at 11pm, so I don't know if its safe.

8 Answers Oct 1, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • Restaurant advice!

Cambridge Mar 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere for a Saturday night for 6 people to celebrate my husbands 50thbirthday. Really good food and atmosphere is important. I wondered if any locals could help? There is a place that looks like they do good steaks with a rooftop bar, but it's attached to a hotel, not normally a recipe for plenty of life! Have looked at Cotto's website but lack of wine prices scares me. I've seen somewhere called Cau, doesn't look overly special but maybe someone could tell me different? Would appreciate ideas, thankyou

3 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • Orton Mere

Peterborough Aug 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Where is Orton Mere ? Was there a settlement here prior to the arrival of the railway? Does anyone know which parish it would have been in during the 18th and 19th century Regards

6 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • songlines's Profile Photo

Kings College Choir

Cambridge Jan 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Any idea if there are any concerts on in Cambridge, I love to hear the Kings College choir sing, but will only be in Cambridge from Wednesday next week, the 29th of January for a few days - it's a long shot I suppose.
      Many thanks

4 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Boohawk13's Profile Photo

What to do Cambridge after 5pm in January

Cambridge Jan 18, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I will be in Cambridge on business the last week of January. So only able to do any tourist stuff after 5pm - which I assume is mostly after dark in January. Are there any touristy things that I can do? I'm not a nightlife person really looking for more history or museum type things.

5 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • Heathrow airport, London to Hinxton, UK

Cambridge Jan 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM

What's the best way to get from Heathrow Airport, London to Hinxton near Cambridge, UK?

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Transport to the Spanish Gran price when in Spain

Peterborough May 5, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Hello I need a good heads up !
      We are staying in tossa de mar next week from may 8 and have Spanish gran price tickets.
      My dilemma is ,without car Hire what is the best to get to the circuit over the three days on which it's held , from our tossa de mar base?
      I really could do with some solid advice, as this is a potential nightmare !!

3 Answers May 5, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • train or bus

Cambridgeshire Jul 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Which is the chipest way to arrive from London to Cambridge?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Which bus to take?

Cambridge Jul 17, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I've been to Cambridge so often that I thought I'd know my way around. But usually I walked or took a bus from the railway station to the centre, quite easy.
      This time we're travelling with a baby and the weather forecast predicts a mixture of light rain and heavy rain. I've tried finding the right bus for us on the Cambridgeshire Transport website, but no luck. I suppose I'm too stupid to find it, so I thought I'd come here and ask you.

We have to get from the train station to our B&B in Milton Road. Is it Citibus 4? Or any other bus? I haven't been able to find a page showing all the stops.

We cannot take a taxi because they don't have baby seats, so it's either walking or buses.

Thank you for your help.

10 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Duxford back to London

Duxford Jul 5, 2011 at 2:15 PM

To get to London from Duxford at about 6:00 on a weekday evening, what its best? Should we backtrack to Cambridge and get the train there? Or is the Whittlesford Parkway stop better? Or is there some third point to catch the train back into London.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Advice Itinerary

Cambridgeshire Oct 14, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Ihope to stay two nights in either Ely or Cambridge. I would like VTers advice on which to use as base. My first idea is to stay 2 nights in Ely, see Ely first day , then 2nd day see Cambridge, back to Ely for night. Any comments. Thanks.

6 Answers Oct 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    • boocik04's Profile Photo

What to do for 5 hours in Cambridge?

Cambridge Oct 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Dear VTers,

I'll be in transit at Stansted airport for 10 hours and someone recommended going to Cambridge.

May I know of any interesting places to visit other than the colleges and universities for about 5 - 6 hours of visit?

Thank you for all your replies.

6 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    • carnival

Saint Neots Aug 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

why are you still advertising st.neots carnival when it stopped happening 2 years ago ! !

6 Answers Aug 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    • lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Cambridge Accommodation

Cambridge Jul 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Has anyone out there stayed in De Vere University Arms Hotel? I can see that it's coveniently located near the train station, but is it also convenient to the other sights, i.e River Cam (punt), Queen's, King's University, etc?

If anyone can suggest a hotel/accommodation that is in the city center and is affordable, I'd certainly appreciate it. BTW, it's for this Sunday night.

12 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Local Artists

Cambridgeshire May 6, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Not looking to go gallery hopping, but am looking for nicely-talented local artists who do works depicting the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk-Norfolk area.

Something to capture my stay in eastern England without breaking the bank.

• AbuDhabi's Profile Photo

Heathrow - Cambridge

Cambridge Apr 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I'll be arriving to London Heathrow Airport T4 on Tuesday morning. I want to take the rail to Cambridge. How I can reach to King's Cross station from T4? I'll be carrying a med-sized bag on arrival, can I carry it easily with me? Or can I check it in the train to Cambridge? Can I use my Oyster card to get the ticket to Cambridge?

Thanks Ahead.

9 Answers Apr 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    • airkarat's Profile Photo

Recommendation for a good hair salon in Huntingdon

Huntingdon Apr 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I have a midweek three-hour stop over in Huntingdon (train) and need to look good for an evening meeting in Peterborough. I don't need a cut, just a shampoo and style to make me feel less like I'm living out of a suitcase. I see there are several shops in the high street - what can you recommend in the middle-price range? As for brief tourism, I'm thinking about a walk to Godmanchester if its not raining. If it is rainy, where is a good cafe in Huntingdon?

2 Answers Apr 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    • smartshalabh's Profile Photo

Cheep accomodation in Cambridge

Cambridge Oct 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Can you please suggest a budget / cheep accomodation for 2 adult will be travelling to cambridge on 18th Oct for 14 days, a lodge or sharing arrangement will do.. and also prefered location will be near to
      Hills Road,Cambridge,CB1 2EU
      so that we can walk to this place easily,

Thanks alot in advance for your help, will be looking for quick response from travel experts at VT,

3 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • Travel from Cambridge to Ely Cathederal by bus

Cambridge Jun 12, 2009 at 6:41 AM

How can I travel from cambridge to Ely cathederal on a bus and back, or should I use the train?

4 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 12:10 AM
    • Oxford and Cambridge one-night side-trips from London

Cambridge Mar 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I'm planning a one-night stay in both oxford and cambridge as side-trips for a London visit. Is a one-night stay enough to gain a decent appreciation of each town? Or would I be better off canceling one side-trip and extending my stay at the other town?

7 Answers Mar 26, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

does college really close between mid april - mid June?

Cambridge Jan 9, 2009 at 6:18 AM

I read in my lonely planet book that during this time the college is closed, we are arriving london april 25th, does it mean it is best to visit cambridge some other time?

1 Answer Jan 9, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Pan Asian Dining Room

Cambridge Dec 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM

This restaurant has been recommended to me. I was wondering if anyone has been there and could comment please. I understand that it is a new restaurant.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    • Breakfast in Cambridge

Cambridge Nov 5, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Hi all,
      we´ll be arriving in Cambridge at about 8 a.m. on a friday.
      As we are a group of 10, does anyone can give me a suggestion, where to grab a bite and a coffee ?

Thanks a lot !

2 Answers Nov 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM
    • cambridge in last week of october

Cambridge Oct 23, 2008 at 5:05 AM

i am visiting cambridge from 25 october to 1st nov,2008 with my 4 years old daughter
      i wanted to know what warm clothing is required in this time of the year
      also few names of interesting cafes,restaurants and things one can do with a 4 year old ?
      is punting a possibility in this month?
      also some indoor activities to do with a child?

any help would be appreciated!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    • STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

Cambridge - Sightseeing, food & Travelling...

Cambridge Oct 6, 2008 at 12:46 AM

I will be visiting Cambridge just for one day.
      I was planning to take a sightseeing hop on / hop off tour bus so I can see more of this city and punt along river cam. Do you think this is a good plan for one day in Cambridge or perhaps someone suggests other things?

Would love to have dinner in a local restaurant - think I'd go for The Eagle, any other suggestions?

The next day I will be travelling to London, so far I know I have to leave Cambridge by train and stop at Kings Cross in London ... can someone please forward a link to the railway station website. I will be staying at the Ashley Hotel, 74 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1ER where I believe is best to take a taxi from the hotel to the railway station.

Any suggestions for a lovely day in Cambridge are most welcome.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM
    • romebound's Profile Photo

eating in cambridge?

Cambridge Sep 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM

hi, i'll be in cambridge for a day and wondered about a cheap but yummy (and local fav) places to eat for lunch & perhaps tea/dinner. any suggestions? thanks!

3 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 12:31 AM
    • techants's Profile Photo

Train to Cambridge from London King's Cross station

Cambridge Jul 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM

I am planning to take a train from London King's Cross station to come Cambridge. I was buying the ticket from site and was given two types of tickets - Standard and First class with 10 pounds price difference. If first class provides great comfort, I would go for that. Any word on this? Or there is not much difference. Please advise.

5 Answers Jul 20, 2008 at 5:57 AM
    • farmhouse41's Profile Photo

Couple and teenage son looking for accomodations July 7-12

Cambridge May 28, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Hi, we're an American family of musicians (keyboard, voice) coming to Cambridge after playing silent film music in Bologna and looking for an inexpensive place to stay, or a famiy we could stay with and make some music! We know tons of show tunes, folk songs, and perform all over the US for silent films, you will be well entertained...

We love the UK haven't been in 10 years, are tightening our belts with the ridiculous dollar exchange (lucky you! come visit!) and hope we can make some new friends this time around.

Thanks so much
      Donald Sosin
      Lakeville Connecticut
      dsosin at comcast dot net

3 Answers May 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM
    • American Military Cemetary Cambridge

Cambridge Mar 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM

What train or transportation type do you recommend taking from downtown London to the American Military Cemetary just outside Cambridge? Please indicate travel time, and costs if known. What are the operating hours of the cemetary on Monday or Tuesday during the week.
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    • thesubtleknife's Profile Photo

Decent pubs, any other tips?

Peterborough Mar 4, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Hello, I'm coming to Peterborough for a gig this weekend. Where can I go for a drink afterwards? It will be lateish, and ideally I'd love somewhere 'Rock'. However, if that's not possible I'd be happy with a nice, cosy friendly pub that isn't going to be blasting out chart music and serving alchopops to teenagers! Somewhere in the town centre would be good. Any tips?

While we are in Peterborough, is there anything else we should see / do?