Cambridge

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation nightlife

Bournemouth 4 hours ago

for a 3 night break thursday/saturday, where would you stay if: you were 60, thinking, feeling 40, most of the time; also, what kind of nightlife/bars would you look for

more
    • Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • Rainbow Cottage MALTON

Malton Yesterday

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to UK and am wondering if anyone knows if Rainbow Cottage in Malton still exists. My grandmother was born there in 1897 and her brother was born in Norton.. We are travelling from Australia and will be our first visit to the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Diving Lundy

Clovelly Apr 18, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi,
      We are staying/diving on Lundy Island but picking a dive boat up from Clovelly.
      With heavy dive equipment we need to drop off dive & camping equipment to the boat & leave 2-3 cars in Clovelly.
      Could you please advise on dropping off equipment & 3 days parking close to the habour....!!!!!!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • MatteoT's Profile Photo

toxteth visit

Liverpool Apr 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

hi everyone!
      My name's Matteo and i'm italian

i'll be in liverpool for my first time next week and in particular i'd like to visit ringo's childhood houses in madryn street and arnold grove. I'd like to take a bus (i think i have to take n° 82 from liverpool one to high park street in toxteth) and then walk through this area. But i read a lot of bad things about this area on the web, so i just want to ask you if take a walk through toxteth on saturday morning is a good idea or if i have to consider to take a cab. Thanks for your help.

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • transportation & activities from cruise ship in port at Portland UK

Portland Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Looking for recommendations for activities for 12 hours in port in early May. We have been to Stonehenge. Interested in Portland Museum, scenic views and walks. Is there a car rental agency or taxis to get around?

more
    • September Rugby

England Mar 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM

We'll be in England the last two weeks of September. We would like to watch rugby - are there any websites with schedules? Thank you.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • songlines's Profile Photo

Kings College Choir

by songlines Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Any idea if there are any concerts on in Cambridge, I love to hear the Kings College choir sing, but will only be in Cambridge from Wednesday next week, the 29th of January for a few days - it's a long shot I suppose.
      Many thanks
      Songlines

4 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Boohawk13's Profile Photo

What to do Cambridge after 5pm in January

by Boohawk13 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I will be in Cambridge on business the last week of January. So only able to do any tourist stuff after 5pm - which I assume is mostly after dark in January. Are there any touristy things that I can do? I'm not a nightlife person really looking for more history or museum type things.

5 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • Heathrow airport, London to Hinxton, UK

by larrowchis Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM

What's the best way to get from Heathrow Airport, London to Hinxton near Cambridge, UK?

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Which bus to take?

by christine.j Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I've been to Cambridge so often that I thought I'd know my way around. But usually I walked or took a bus from the railway station to the centre, quite easy.
      This time we're travelling with a baby and the weather forecast predicts a mixture of light rain and heavy rain. I've tried finding the right bus for us on the Cambridgeshire Transport website, but no luck. I suppose I'm too stupid to find it, so I thought I'd come here and ask you.

We have to get from the train station to our B&B in Milton Road. Is it Citibus 4? Or any other bus? I haven't been able to find a page showing all the stops.

We cannot take a taxi because they don't have baby seats, so it's either walking or buses.

Thank you for your help.

10 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • boocik04's Profile Photo

What to do for 5 hours in Cambridge?

by boocik04 Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Dear VTers,

I'll be in transit at Stansted airport for 10 hours and someone recommended going to Cambridge.

May I know of any interesting places to visit other than the colleges and universities for about 5 - 6 hours of visit?

Thank you for all your replies.

6 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    • lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Cambridge Accommodation

by lifeisatrip Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Has anyone out there stayed in De Vere University Arms Hotel? I can see that it's coveniently located near the train station, but is it also convenient to the other sights, i.e River Cam (punt), Queen's, King's University, etc?

If anyone can suggest a hotel/accommodation that is in the city center and is affordable, I'd certainly appreciate it. BTW, it's for this Sunday night.

Thanks.

11 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    • AbuDhabi's Profile Photo

Heathrow - Cambridge

by AbuDhabi Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I'll be arriving to London Heathrow Airport T4 on Tuesday morning. I want to take the rail to Cambridge. How I can reach to King's Cross station from T4? I'll be carrying a med-sized bag on arrival, can I carry it easily with me? Or can I check it in the train to Cambridge? Can I use my Oyster card to get the ticket to Cambridge?

Thanks Ahead.

9 Answers Apr 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    • smartshalabh's Profile Photo

Cheep accomodation in Cambridge

by smartshalabh Online Now Oct 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Hi,
      Can you please suggest a budget / cheep accomodation for 2 adult will be travelling to cambridge on 18th Oct for 14 days, a lodge or sharing arrangement will do.. and also prefered location will be near to
      Hills Road,Cambridge,CB1 2EU
      so that we can walk to this place easily,

Thanks alot in advance for your help, will be looking for quick response from travel experts at VT,

~Shalabh

2 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 4:04 AM
    • Travel from Cambridge to Ely Cathederal by bus

by ilanka Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 6:41 AM

How can I travel from cambridge to Ely cathederal on a bus and back, or should I use the train?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    • Oxford and Cambridge one-night side-trips from London

by frodriguez Online Now Mar 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I'm planning a one-night stay in both oxford and cambridge as side-trips for a London visit. Is a one-night stay enough to gain a decent appreciation of each town? Or would I be better off canceling one side-trip and extending my stay at the other town?

7 Answers Mar 26, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

does college really close between mid april - mid June?

by 9tigers Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 6:18 AM

I read in my lonely planet book that during this time the college is closed, we are arriving london april 25th, does it mean it is best to visit cambridge some other time?

ty

1 Answer Jan 9, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Pan Asian Dining Room

by doofus Online Now Dec 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM

This restaurant has been recommended to me. I was wondering if anyone has been there and could comment please. I understand that it is a new restaurant.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    • Breakfast in Cambridge

by PatSteffen Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Hi all,
      we´ll be arriving in Cambridge at about 8 a.m. on a friday.
      As we are a group of 10, does anyone can give me a suggestion, where to grab a bite and a coffee ?

Thanks a lot !
      Pat

2 Answers Nov 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM
    • cambridge in last week of october

by cherry.life Online Now Oct 23, 2008 at 5:05 AM

i am visiting cambridge from 25 october to 1st nov,2008 with my 4 years old daughter
      i wanted to know what warm clothing is required in this time of the year
      also few names of interesting cafes,restaurants and things one can do with a 4 year old ?
      is punting a possibility in this month?
      also some indoor activities to do with a child?

any help would be appreciated!

thanks

cherry

1 Answer Oct 23, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    • STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

Cambridge - Sightseeing, food & Travelling...

by STEFZAMM Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Hello,
      I will be visiting Cambridge just for one day.
      I was planning to take a sightseeing hop on / hop off tour bus so I can see more of this city and punt along river cam. Do you think this is a good plan for one day in Cambridge or perhaps someone suggests other things?

Would love to have dinner in a local restaurant - think I'd go for The Eagle, any other suggestions?

The next day I will be travelling to London, so far I know I have to leave Cambridge by train and stop at Kings Cross in London ... can someone please forward a link to the railway station website. I will be staying at the Ashley Hotel, 74 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1ER where I believe is best to take a taxi from the hotel to the railway station.

Any suggestions for a lovely day in Cambridge are most welcome.

Stephanie.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM
    • romebound's Profile Photo

eating in cambridge?

by romebound Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM

hi, i'll be in cambridge for a day and wondered about a cheap but yummy (and local fav) places to eat for lunch & perhaps tea/dinner. any suggestions? thanks!

3 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 12:31 AM
    • techants's Profile Photo

Train to Cambridge from London King's Cross station

by techants Online Now Jul 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM

I am planning to take a train from London King's Cross station to come Cambridge. I was buying the ticket from raileasy.co.uk site and was given two types of tickets - Standard and First class with 10 pounds price difference. If first class provides great comfort, I would go for that. Any word on this? Or there is not much difference. Please advise.

5 Answers Jul 20, 2008 at 5:57 AM
    • farmhouse41's Profile Photo

Couple and teenage son looking for accomodations July 7-12

by farmhouse41 Online Now May 28, 2008 at 5:41 AM

Hi, we're an American family of musicians (keyboard, voice) coming to Cambridge after playing silent film music in Bologna and looking for an inexpensive place to stay, or a famiy we could stay with and make some music! We know tons of show tunes, folk songs, and perform all over the US for silent films, you will be well entertained...

We love the UK haven't been in 10 years, are tightening our belts with the ridiculous dollar exchange (lucky you! come visit!) and hope we can make some new friends this time around.

Thanks so much
      Donald Sosin
      Lakeville Connecticut
      dsosin at comcast dot net

3 Answers May 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM
    • American Military Cemetary Cambridge

by Cmorris Online Now Mar 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM

What train or transportation type do you recommend taking from downtown London to the American Military Cemetary just outside Cambridge? Please indicate travel time, and costs if known. What are the operating hours of the cemetary on Monday or Tuesday during the week.
      Thank you
      Chuck

2 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

bridge of sighs

by mkvalya Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 12:21 PM

the only way to see the bridge of sighs is entering saint john's college paying the ticket or is it possible to see it also from a part (street, other bridge etc...) of the city?

thanks

6 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 1:31 AM

help and info for cambridge in april

by mkvalya Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 12:19 PM

i'll be in cambridge the 12 of april, from about 4pm to the night.
      is it true that king's college chapel close at 4? :-(

any suggestion for dinner?

is eagle pub ok or too expensive? any other suggestion?

parking in lion yard is very difficult on saturday at that hour?
      thanks to all

8 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Great Shelford

by mkvalya Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM

do you know this village? is it safe?
      is it far from cambridge by car?
      coming from this village which is the best parking in central cambridge?
      thanks to all

7 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 8:19 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Rail station to centre of town

by doofus Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 6:00 AM

I was just wondering how easy or difficult it is to get to the centre of town etc from the railway station.

Is it really near and walkable?

5 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM
    • alivan's Profile Photo

How can I meet you ????

by alivan Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Hi!
      I want to meet people who can show us the best of Cambridge. We want to know about the life style of this town. We are going to go there in september and we want to know about places to go, restaurants, shops, pubs, maybe some traditional food.... Are there some pub with live music?? We love life music!!!!!!!!!!!
      We want to enjoy this town, Explain us all that you think could be interesting.
      Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alivan

2 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 1:08 AM
    • AnnieG.'s Profile Photo

Sunday Bus or train from Cambridge to Heathrow

by AnnieG. Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Hi. I looked on the Natl. Express site for fares from Cambridge to Heathrow on Sunday, May 13, as we have a 5pm plane to catch. The site gives fares, then says they're only good Mon-Thurs., leading me to believe those busses don't travel on Sunday, but an email from them says they do. Anyone know:
      a) if Natl. Express bus (coach, they're called) does run on Sunday from Cambridge to Heathrow, in time for us to catch 5pm flight? And Sunday fare?
      b) if there's a TRAIN that might be faster? (And where it goes, and connections to Heathrow?)
      c) Anyone who lives in Cambridge up for putting a middle-aged couple up for the night of May 12? (Just thought I'd ask!)

3 Answers Feb 21, 2007 at 12:41 PM
    • we are looking for flat for summer 2007

by ulkufatos Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Hi,
      Me and my friend looking for accommodation in Cambridge to stay from 1st of July until 31th of August (just for 2 months). We are both,20 years old, responsive and tidy Cypriot girls. I am studying in the UK now and I want to come Cambridge in order to work in a travel agent. My friend, she is in Cyprus now and she applied for summer English course in Cambridge. We really need to arrange our accommodation as soon as possible.. specially we are looking for cheap flats in a safe area. it could be home share as well. preferably all bills included except telephone.
      Hope to here from you soon.. ulkutasseven@yahoo.com

• Lessons & Carols - King's College

by Nickelplate1946 Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 8:33 AM

Does anyone have advice about when/where to join the line to gain entrance to the chapel for Lessons and Carols? Are there public facilities nearby? Three of us are traveling from the USA for this marvelous event. Even leaning up against the wall on the outside will make it worthwhile, but would prefer to get in!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2006 at 3:17 AM
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Sights in Cambridge

by Natalya2006 Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 12:15 AM

My daughter and me will be in Cambridge in August 24-26. What is interesting and worth to see?
      Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Oct 11, 2006 at 10:16 PM
    • sunday shopping

by karenwestley Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Hi I live in france and am flying in and out of stanstead on a sunday I only have a few hours and need books second hand if poss, does antone know if galloway and porters and the charity shops are open on a sunday, thank you. Karen

3 Answers Aug 10, 2006 at 1:21 AM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

VT meeting in Cambridge?

by AcornMan Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 10:04 AM

My wife and I are visiting Cambridge on the nights of July 27 and 28. Anyone care to meet us for drinks on the evening of the 28th? We can decide on the time and place later. This is my first trip to Cambridge since 1991 when I took summer classes at the university, so I'm excited to see this wonderful city (and its pubs) again! I posted an announcement in the VT meeting section, so you can sign up there if interested.