Cambria Travel Answers

change location
zuriga's Profile Photo

Overnight in Cambria

by zuriga Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 7:48 AM

We'll be making it up the California coast in late April and thought maybe we'd stay one night in Cambria instead of our usual Pismo Beach. Does anyone have a favorite motel, inn or hotel?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Paris92's Profile Photo

Re: Overnight in Cambria

by Paris92 Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Yes, the Burton Inn. I just stayed there about three weeks ago and it was lovely. Not directly on the beach, but the beach is so close it really didn't matter. The rooms are very spacious and the room we had had a fantastic jacuzzi. Super clean and the woman who runs it is very nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

Here's the link:
    http://www.burtoninn.com/Default.aspx

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Good choice in Cambria.....d:o)

A little further to the south, - just south of Morro Bay, and just north of Pismo Beach, is the San Luis Bay Inn, somewhat built into the bluff, - where my California tours stayed.

http://www.sanluisbayinn.com/

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Thanks... decisions, decisions!

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I know everbody suggests stay along Moonstone Beach to be close to the ocean, but my suggestion would be to stay in town. There is more to do, walk around, and places to eat. By all means eat at Mustache Pete's Italian Eatery in downtown.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Hey James, hopefully Mustache Pete's will be re-opened in April. It is presently closed due to a fire.

http://www.mustachepetes.com/

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I enjoy the entire area from Pismo Beach, SLO, Morro Bay and Cambria. As for beauty of the sea hard to beat Moonstone Beach motels except for price. Pismo Beach and my favorite is the Shore Cliff Lodge and in Cambria, the Fogcatcher Inn at Moonstone Beach. In between is my all time favorite, The Inn at Morro Bay. Located in Morro Bay in a secluded part of the town next to the Blue Heron Rookery, The Inn at Morro Bay is about 35 minuties past Pismo Beach off Hwy 1 and only about 20 minutes to Cambria. See my VT tip on the Inn: Morro Bay Hotel Tips by travelgourmet

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines