Cambria Travel Answers

change location
happydancer's Profile Photo

Things to do

by happydancer Online Now Mar 9, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Is there something I should make a point of seeing while here? I am planning a trip to the Hearst Castle. Or is there some other places that are better. I enjoy hiking and want to spend as much time outdoors as possible.
Shopping - have heard this is a community of artist. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: Things to do

by bevjerry Online Now Mar 9, 2006 at 9:07 PM

You should be sure to see Hearst Castle, it's one of a kind. There are other things to see as well. Check out this web site http://www.cambriachamber.org/ they have a link to activities. About six miles north of Heasrt Castle is a colony of Elephant Seals. Yes, this is an artists community and there are many galleries as well as fine jewelery and other fine works of art. If the weather is good you can go a bit farther north to the National Forest and take some wonderful hikes. If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll try to answer them.

Bev

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Things to do

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 9, 2006 at 10:42 PM

What a great area to chill out and just relax. The ocean vista and a cup of coffee in the morning, that's Moonstone Beach to me. The suggestion about the Elephant Seals at Piedras Balancas is an excellent way to spend an hour or so. North of San Simeon is also the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse and only 2o miles north of San Simeon is a great restaurant and the start of Big Sur Highway I. It is called Ragged Point and the Inn has gourmet foods and a quick bite restaurant on one side. The view is magnificent and there is even local artwork in a shop on the premise. You can walk, hike, and play in this location. See my San Simeon tip page for pics in a traveloge for the Elephant Seals and the Lighthouse. Also the Ragged Point Inn has a website: www.raggedpointinn.com Have fun in Cambria, both the West and East side. There is a great glass art shop called Seekers, among the many neat boutique stores, a must visit. It is across the street from Brambles Restaurant. Shop till you drop.

• happydancer's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Things to do

by happydancer Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 12:31 PM

thanks so much for your great info. I will take up your suggestions and report back.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines