Cambria Travel Answers

change location
happydancer's Profile Photo

Where to stay on a budget?

by happydancer Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Would like a nice place with ocean views. Can you help me? Would like some info on San Simeon and other surrounding areas.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Where to stay on a budget?

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 9:34 PM

Stay in Morro Bay for better prices, only a few minutes drive to Cambria. Check out the Twin Dolphin Inn. In fact, Morro Bay might even be less expensive than San Luis Obispo which is another area within 30 minutes. The views of the ocean are in Moonstone Beach, Cambria and are all expensive. One I like is the Blue Dlophin Inn. Check it out at website: www.bluedolphininn.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to stay on a budget?

by bevjerry Online Now Mar 4, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Much better than Morro Bay is the Motel Six in San Simeon, it's just about four miles north of Cambria. They have one of the best prices around. I'm not sure if any of the rooms have ocean views but their prices are well below100 for two and they a just across the highway from the ocean. The best restaurants, however, are in Cambria.

Bev

• bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: Where to stay on a budget?

by bevjerry Online Now Mar 4, 2006 at 8:34 AM

I just checked the web and it looks like you can book a room midweek at the Best Western Cavalier in San Simeon for71-$239 depending on which discounts you have and whether or not you have a room that faces the ocean. But they are on the ocean side of the highway and the grounds are beautiful.71 is the Senior rate with no ocean view. It looks like you can get an ocean view for about139.

Bev

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines