Cambodia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cambodia with a 3yr old in August?

Cambodia Jul 11, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Am I mad considering this? I have a week or 2 in August I can get away, planning to take my 3yr old back to S.E Asia somewhere. Last July we based at Ao Nang, with stopovers at SiN and BKK. After some exploring, relaxing, play with local kids. Is it pushing it to try and visit a beach as well as Siem Reap and Angkor (and/or less challenging ruins) or should we just stick with a hotel pool? Any ideas that would be particularly fun for her?

more
    • tour guide, buy ahead or at the hotel

Siem Reap 18 hours ago

Many reviews for the hotels in tripadvisor recommend getting the tour guides at the hotel, not my usual practice. However, i am concerned about the weather in my September visit and would like more arrangement flexibility. Assuming I stay at a decent hotel, would hotel arrangements be wise?

more
    • CristinaB's Profile Photo

Getting around Angkor Wat with limited mobility

Angkor Wat Jun 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hi, Im planning to have a quick trip to Angkor wat the first week of august (2 days).
      I use forearm crutches to walk and have a bit of a problem climbing too many stairs, a few are ok. I can walk long distances slowly stopping to rest a couple of times along the way.
      My question is... is it worth the trip? I understand I will not be able to do many things in there I want to know if I will be able to enjoy the basic parts and temples? or also if you know a tour company that I can contact who makes a special itinerary for my situation?

Thank you for your help! Anything will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Off the beaten path ways to explore Cambodia and Angkor Wat?

Cambodia Jul 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I don't want to explore Cambodia in the typical touristy way (tour bus with 20 people). What are some off the beaten path tour companies/operators that allow you to see more of the rural side of Cambodia? I'm also looking for a private local tour operator for the one and only-Angkor Wat. Any suggestions?

more
    • tour guide, buy ahead or at the hotel

Siem Reap 18 hours ago

Many reviews for the hotels in tripadvisor recommend getting the tour guides at the hotel, not my usual practice. However, i am concerned about the weather in my September visit and would like more arrangement flexibility. Assuming I stay at a decent hotel, would hotel arrangements be wise?

5 Answers 11 hours ago
    • Cambodia with a 3yr old in August?

Cambodia Jul 11, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Am I mad considering this? I have a week or 2 in August I can get away, planning to take my 3yr old back to S.E Asia somewhere. Last July we based at Ao Nang, with stopovers at SiN and BKK. After some exploring, relaxing, play with local kids. Is it pushing it to try and visit a beach as well as Siem Reap and Angkor (and/or less challenging ruins) or should we just stick with a hotel pool? Any ideas that would be particularly fun for her?

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Off the beaten path ways to explore Cambodia and Angkor Wat?

Cambodia Jul 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I don't want to explore Cambodia in the typical touristy way (tour bus with 20 people). What are some off the beaten path tour companies/operators that allow you to see more of the rural side of Cambodia? I'm also looking for a private local tour operator for the one and only-Angkor Wat. Any suggestions?

8 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • CristinaB's Profile Photo

Getting around Angkor Wat with limited mobility

Angkor Wat Jun 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hi, Im planning to have a quick trip to Angkor wat the first week of august (2 days).
      I use forearm crutches to walk and have a bit of a problem climbing too many stairs, a few are ok. I can walk long distances slowly stopping to rest a couple of times along the way.
      My question is... is it worth the trip? I understand I will not be able to do many things in there I want to know if I will be able to enjoy the basic parts and temples? or also if you know a tour company that I can contact who makes a special itinerary for my situation?

Thank you for your help! Anything will be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • power tools shops

Phnom Penh Jun 13, 2014 at 1:13 AM

anyone knows is there a street that full of electric power tools shops ?
      thanks !

2 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • power tools shops

Phnom Penh Jun 13, 2014 at 1:13 AM

anyone knows is there a street that full of electric power tools shops ?
      thanks !

• mamores's Profile Photo

Bangkok - Angkor Wat Round trip - Doable in two days?

Angkor Wat Jun 10, 2014 at 6:43 AM

What is the best way (fast and cheap) to get to Angkor Wat from Bangkok? Do you think is it doable to visit Angkor Wat in one day and a half? Thanks for the advise!

5 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    • Tour prices

Angkor Wat Jun 8, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I am trying to hire a tour guide for two days and he states for 2 days (includes, water, hotel pick up in a vehicle, gas, tolls) they will charge 150. It doesn't include park entrance and I'm going in low season. Is this something I can bargin? what is a decent rate?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    • Crossing the border to Cambodia from Laos

Cambodia May 29, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Hi, I heard and read a lot about scams at the border of Cambodia, the visa is 20 $ US, but people there try to get 45 $ and more from you as they charge you for the stamp and the medical check up and so on. To avoid a part of this trouble, I plan to get the Cambodian visa in Vientiane, Laos, before crossing the border to Cambodia, has anyone done it this way before? Or heard about doing it this way ? Would it help to have already the visa in my passport before arriving at the border of Laos and Cambodia? Thanks a lot for any info or tips you can give me on crossing this border.
      cheers! Caroline

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    • shashibelle's Profile Photo

Half Day Tour

Phnom Penh May 8, 2014 at 5:13 AM

Hello everyone,
      If we will rent a private car and start early (like 7 am), is it possible to do a half day tour from Phnom Penh to Oudong, then after Oudong, drive straight to Phnom Chisor?

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Traveling alone and public transport

Cambodia Apr 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I am traveling to Phnom Penh and plan to go Siem Reap this August. Intend to look for sincere travel partner and some advises on traveling alone in Cambodia.

Is it convenient to travel by my own around in Cambodia? or is it better to have a tour guide?

6 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    • Transit at Siem Reap airpot (REP)

Siem Reap Apr 22, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Does anyone know how long it takes/is supposed to take to transit at REP?

I am wondering if the connection of the flight arriving at 20:25 and the other one leaving at 22:50 works fine. Both are international flights and they are operated by different airlines. As REP looks a small airport, I wouldn't feel like spending too much time there.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    • spending budget

Cambodia Apr 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Right im looking at going to cambodia at the end of october this year, my first question is how long will 1000 british pounds last me? (on the cheaper side of traveling cambodia that is) and what are peoples thoughts or ideas on waiting till i get there to book a flight to new zealand or booking one before? i ask this because if i like cambodia that much i might stay and explore asia some more.
      Answers and idea much apreciated

8 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    • sihanoukville

Phnom Penh Apr 20, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I am landing by air asia 04.06.2014 at about 16.20 clock in phnom penh. as I come to sihanoukville? gruß gerhard

3 Answers May 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • deecee4849's Profile Photo

local guide

Phnom Penh Apr 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM

First time in this city 18th May for 7 days and we are looking for any members to perhaps show us the country and local villages. Christine has books and pencils that she wishes to give to children at a school. We are in our 60's and are willing to pay the members expenses.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 4:45 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

How long a Trip?

Cambodia Apr 17, 2014 at 6:30 AM

What is a good time frame to do Cambodia with Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Angkor and Tonle Sap? And, should it be done with a tour or independently with local guides?

28 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

visiting Siem Reap

Cambodia Apr 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I would like to know what you guys think about going to Siem Reap without doing any tour reservations to Ankgor Temple. Is it safe to use the Tuk tuk ? How does it work? Are there others ways to arrive there?
      thank you

10 Answers May 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    • Trip in Siem Reap

Siem Reap Apr 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM

how much of money we need to prepare for 4 days trip in Siem Reap?

10 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island

Cambodia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

How easy is to travel from Sihanoukville to PQ Island ? Time frame ? Overnight stay before going to PQ ? Costs ? Visas at border ? Accommodation suggestions on PQ ? Budgeting around $50-$75 per night for myself, wife and 2 teenage daughters ? Thanking all. Phil.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • us social security

Cambodia Apr 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

how to keep us social security checks coming to cambodia

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • Koh Rong Accommodation

Cambodia Apr 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Heading down to Koh Rong Island in December with wife and 2 teenage daughters. Suggestions on accommodation under $75/night.
      Thanks.
      Phil

• i day tour

Siem Reap Mar 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

hi, is it possible to do a day trip from ho chi minh into siem reap ?
      I found flights that would let me do sightseeing most of the day and flying back at night.
      some one told me you HAVE to spend one night at least. gov. regulations.
      is it true?

2 Answers May 1, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

How dry is dry season in Angkor Wat?

Angkor Wat Mar 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Fellows... I will be visiting Angkor Wat in early April, which I understand is pure dry season. I was wondering if the vegetation around the temples becomes dry and not greenish at wall, the moss disappears from the walls where it usually is, and overall the landscape becomes brownish... any comments on this, please?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Phnom Kulen

Siem Reap Mar 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm going to organize an tour to Phnom Kulen for 33 pers. My question is does anyone of you have some tips about Phnom Kulen, because I can't find much information about this trip. I have to tell everything about the park, but can't find good information.
      Thanks for your help.
      Anouk

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • TinaD81's Profile Photo

8 Nights in Siem Reap

Cambodia Mar 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

And $1000 AU to spend... accommodation already paid for. More than enough to have a good time?

Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    • Southern Islands

Cambodia Mar 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Heading south around Xmas from PP. Making our way across to Phu Quoc Is (Viet). Got about five weeks with wife and two young daughters.Any recommended islands in southern Cambodia and possible accommodation. Used to paying about $30 / night on previous trips. Never been south before.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Shopping: Looking for cross stitch

Siem Reap Mar 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Any chance you guys saw a needleshop where they sell cross stitch shop? Just in case? :)

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Lunching out while on a tour

Siem Reap Feb 28, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I've heard that your tour guide/tuktuk driver/van driver will show you where to eat your lunch.
      I was wondering-- do they eat with you? If they do, do you shoulder their meal? What is the proper thing to do pls?

12 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    • WAT united states

Angkor Wat Feb 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM

is the organisation of Traveller.bg for WAT in USA, good and trusted ?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

Safety, travel tips for Cambodia

Cambodia Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

How safe is it to travel in Cambodia, I would like to do a trip from Bangkok to Phnom Phen, what does it cost to do so by train, or bus? How long does the journey take, and do I need malaria prevention precautions before my trip..do I need to have all my currency in dollars? .I will be traveling alone, any tips? Sorry I put the question in the answer section so it seems like a double post...

10 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 2:14 AM