Cambodia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Koh Rong Accommodation

Cambodia Apr 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Heading down to Koh Rong Island in December with wife and 2 teenage daughters. Suggestions on accommodation under $75/night.
      Thanks.
      Phil

more
    • Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island

Cambodia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

How easy is to travel from Sihanoukville to PQ Island ? Time frame ? Overnight stay before going to PQ ? Costs ? Visas at border ? Accommodation suggestions on PQ ? Budgeting around $50-$75 per night for myself, wife and 2 teenage daughters ? Thanking all. Phil.

more
    • sihanoukville

Phnom Penh Apr 20, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I am landing by air asia 04.06.2014 at about 16.20 clock in phnom penh. as I come to sihanoukville? gruß gerhard

more
    • deecee4849's Profile Photo

local guide

Phnom Penh Apr 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM

First time in this city 18th May for 7 days and we are looking for any members to perhaps show us the country and local villages. Christine has books and pencils that she wishes to give to children at a school. We are in our 60's and are willing to pay the members expenses.

more
    • Transit at Siem Reap airpot (REP)

Siem Reap Yesterday

Does anyone know how long it takes/is supposed to take to transit at REP?

I am wondering if the connection of the flight arriving at 20:25 and the other one leaving at 22:50 works fine. Both are international flights and they are operated by different airlines. As REP looks a small airport, I wouldn't feel like spending too much time there.

more
    • us social security

Cambodia Apr 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

how to keep us social security checks coming to cambodia

more
    • Traveling alone and public transport

Cambodia 20 hours ago

I am traveling to Phnom Penh and plan to go Siem Reap this August. Intend to look for sincere travel partner and some advises on traveling alone in Cambodia.

Is it convenient to travel by my own around in Cambodia? or is it better to have a tour guide?

more
    • spending budget

Cambodia Yesterday

Right im looking at going to cambodia at the end of october this year, my first question is how long will 1000 british pounds last me? (on the cheaper side of traveling cambodia that is) and what are peoples thoughts or ideas on waiting till i get there to book a flight to new zealand or booking one before? i ask this because if i like cambodia that much i might stay and explore asia some more.
      Answers and idea much apreciated

more
    • luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

visiting Siem Reap

Cambodia Apr 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I would like to know what you guys think about going to Siem Reap without doing any tour reservations to Ankgor Temple. Is it safe to use the Tuk tuk ? How does it work? Are there others ways to arrive there?
      thank you

more
    • Trip in Siem Reap

Siem Reap Apr 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM

how much of money we need to prepare for 4 days trip in Siem Reap?

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

How long a Trip?

Cambodia Apr 17, 2014 at 6:30 AM

What is a good time frame to do Cambodia with Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Angkor and Tonle Sap? And, should it be done with a tour or independently with local guides?

more
    • Traveling alone and public transport

Cambodia 20 hours ago

I am traveling to Phnom Penh and plan to go Siem Reap this August. Intend to look for sincere travel partner and some advises on traveling alone in Cambodia.

Is it convenient to travel by my own around in Cambodia? or is it better to have a tour guide?

6 Answers 6 hours ago
    • Transit at Siem Reap airpot (REP)

Siem Reap Yesterday

Does anyone know how long it takes/is supposed to take to transit at REP?

I am wondering if the connection of the flight arriving at 20:25 and the other one leaving at 22:50 works fine. Both are international flights and they are operated by different airlines. As REP looks a small airport, I wouldn't feel like spending too much time there.

3 Answers 23 hours ago
    • spending budget

Cambodia Yesterday

Right im looking at going to cambodia at the end of october this year, my first question is how long will 1000 british pounds last me? (on the cheaper side of traveling cambodia that is) and what are peoples thoughts or ideas on waiting till i get there to book a flight to new zealand or booking one before? i ask this because if i like cambodia that much i might stay and explore asia some more.
      Answers and idea much apreciated

8 Answers Yesterday
    • sihanoukville

Phnom Penh Apr 20, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I am landing by air asia 04.06.2014 at about 16.20 clock in phnom penh. as I come to sihanoukville? gruß gerhard

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    • deecee4849's Profile Photo

local guide

Phnom Penh Apr 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM

First time in this city 18th May for 7 days and we are looking for any members to perhaps show us the country and local villages. Christine has books and pencils that she wishes to give to children at a school. We are in our 60's and are willing to pay the members expenses.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 4:45 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

How long a Trip?

Cambodia Apr 17, 2014 at 6:30 AM

What is a good time frame to do Cambodia with Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Angkor and Tonle Sap? And, should it be done with a tour or independently with local guides?

28 Answers 14 hours ago
    • luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

visiting Siem Reap

Cambodia Apr 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I would like to know what you guys think about going to Siem Reap without doing any tour reservations to Ankgor Temple. Is it safe to use the Tuk tuk ? How does it work? Are there others ways to arrive there?
      thank you

9 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • Trip in Siem Reap

Siem Reap Apr 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM

how much of money we need to prepare for 4 days trip in Siem Reap?

10 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc Island

Cambodia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

How easy is to travel from Sihanoukville to PQ Island ? Time frame ? Overnight stay before going to PQ ? Costs ? Visas at border ? Accommodation suggestions on PQ ? Budgeting around $50-$75 per night for myself, wife and 2 teenage daughters ? Thanking all. Phil.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • us social security

Cambodia Apr 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

how to keep us social security checks coming to cambodia

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • Koh Rong Accommodation

Cambodia Apr 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Heading down to Koh Rong Island in December with wife and 2 teenage daughters. Suggestions on accommodation under $75/night.
      Thanks.
      Phil

• i day tour

Siem Reap Mar 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

hi, is it possible to do a day trip from ho chi minh into siem reap ?
      I found flights that would let me do sightseeing most of the day and flying back at night.
      some one told me you HAVE to spend one night at least. gov. regulations.
      is it true?

1 Answer Mar 17, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

How dry is dry season in Angkor Wat?

Angkor Wat Mar 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Fellows... I will be visiting Angkor Wat in early April, which I understand is pure dry season. I was wondering if the vegetation around the temples becomes dry and not greenish at wall, the moss disappears from the walls where it usually is, and overall the landscape becomes brownish... any comments on this, please?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Phnom Kulen

Siem Reap Mar 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm going to organize an tour to Phnom Kulen for 33 pers. My question is does anyone of you have some tips about Phnom Kulen, because I can't find much information about this trip. I have to tell everything about the park, but can't find good information.
      Thanks for your help.
      Anouk

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • TinaD81's Profile Photo

8 Nights in Siem Reap

Cambodia Mar 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

And $1000 AU to spend... accommodation already paid for. More than enough to have a good time?

Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    • Southern Islands

Cambodia Mar 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Heading south around Xmas from PP. Making our way across to Phu Quoc Is (Viet). Got about five weeks with wife and two young daughters.Any recommended islands in southern Cambodia and possible accommodation. Used to paying about $30 / night on previous trips. Never been south before.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Shopping: Looking for cross stitch

Siem Reap Mar 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Any chance you guys saw a needleshop where they sell cross stitch shop? Just in case? :)

4 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Lunching out while on a tour

Siem Reap Feb 28, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I've heard that your tour guide/tuktuk driver/van driver will show you where to eat your lunch.
      I was wondering-- do they eat with you? If they do, do you shoulder their meal? What is the proper thing to do pls?

12 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    • WAT united states

Angkor Wat Feb 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM

is the organisation of Traveller.bg for WAT in USA, good and trusted ?

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

Safety, travel tips for Cambodia

Cambodia Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

How safe is it to travel in Cambodia, I would like to do a trip from Bangkok to Phnom Phen, what does it cost to do so by train, or bus? How long does the journey take, and do I need malaria prevention precautions before my trip..do I need to have all my currency in dollars? .I will be traveling alone, any tips? Sorry I put the question in the answer section so it seems like a double post...

10 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    • Archie2013's Profile Photo

Travel in Cambodia

Cambodia Feb 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM

How safe is it to travel in Cambodia, I would like to do a trip from Bangkok to Phnom Phen, what does it cost to do so by train, or bus? How long does the journey take, and do I need malaria prevention precautions before my trip..do I need to have all my currency in dollars? .I will be traveling alone..thanks.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    • cambodia road maps

Cambodia Feb 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

i would like to get the newest road maps as roads are being built all the time

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    • pes474's Profile Photo

Exploring Cambodia Alone

Cambodia Feb 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi everybody,

I am planning a trip to Cambodia this August and will be volunteering there for a month. I've been thinking of extending the trip for a week or so in order to experience even more of the culture! I will have already seen the tourist attractions in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap as I have weekends to explore.

I was hoping for any advice on how to experience Cambodia! I am a nineteen year old female and love relaxing when I travel, as well as being busy. I've researched a couple of islands such as Bamboo and Rabbit, and was thinking of doing the behind the scenes tour at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Tours, if anyone has done this, what was it like?

Any places off the beaten track that are a must see? I'd love to do some jungle trekking and see all Cambodia has to offer! Advice please!!!

3 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Advice from your previous trips please

Siem Reap Jan 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Hi all. My bf and I are going to Siem Reap in March (one check on the bucket list) and we'd like your advice pls.
      We'd like to see the usual places: Angkor Thom, Angkor What, TaPhrom but we'd also like to go to the waterfalls at Phnom Kulen (and maybe take a swim there) and Banteay Srei. We have 3 full days to see it all (4th day is to travel home).

1. Should we get the 1-day or 3-day pass? Which places can we enter using that pass pls?
      2. Should we take a Tuk Tuk or an aircon van to the out of town places?
      3. Any suggestions of what to see per day? (I know it sounds like I'm asking for an itinerary... who am I kidding, heck, I am---pls pls pls?).
      4. How much do you think should we bring? We're budget travellers-- airfare and lodging is already fully paid so we just need to figure out how much the entrance fees are, transportation fees (tuktuk or car), food, massage (yes pls!), a dinner show with the apsara dancing and meals.
      5. Those that went swimming at the water falls..errr.. is there a bathroom nearby to change clothes or shower after?
      6. Practical tips pls-- how much to tip tuktuk drivers, at the restaurants, at the massage place?
      I would appreciate any and all advice pls. Thanks ever so much.

13 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • What to expect when going to Cambodia

Cambodia Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Cambodia. Any basic tips on where to start with, what to pack, what vaccines should I get (is this really necessary?) and any estimate how much time should I spend on staying there?

I am targeting on visiting Angkor Wat - should a 3 day trip cover everything? I heard the place is so big and you need to visit the place for a couple of days.

Is it safe to travel to Cambodia alone? I am a female on my early 30's.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

6 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 4:36 AM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Day tour of Tonle Sap on 13 Feb 2013?

Siem Reap Jan 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi all
      Anyone in SR who would want to join us (2 persons) for a birding & floating village visit of Tonle Sap with Sam Veasna? The price decreases with the number of persons. samveasna.org/tours/tonle-sa...

They are a bit like Osmose but look more focused on the birding. If you have experience good or bad of them, let me know!

We can discuss alternative dates if necessary (possibly the 10th Feb).

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 3:46 AM
    • Want to see a Loris!

Cambodia Jan 5, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hey there!

My partner and I are travelling in Cambodia from Feb 2 to Feb 24. We're from Australia and have never seen a loris before. I know that they are a popular pet in SE asia, I was just wondering if we need to try to find an official sanctuary or whether we can assume we might catch one just by hanging out with some locals?

Thanks in advance,
      Chelsea

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • travelmama's Profile Photo

Is there a waiting area at Phnom Penh airport.

Cambodia Jan 4, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Can any one tell me is it best to met at hotel or go to airport an met my party? In other words is there a waiting area in airport for this flight? Or should I just met them at the hotel? Again I will be by myself. Has anyone stayed in this hotel?

Tue 14, Jan 2014: Michelle departs Battambang for Phnom Penh airport via bus to met my group

Arriving on Angkor air K6721 arrival @ 1650

Staying @ Hotel: Royal Palace Hotel - #93, St. Monireth, Sangkat Phsar Damkor, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh

2 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it safe to walk from Sothearos Boulevard to Independence Monument at night?

Phnom Penh Dec 25, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Hi, Phnom Penh VT,

I read that it is nightmare for pedestrians in Phnom Penh. Is it true at night too? Is it safe to walk from Sothearos Boulevard to Independence Monument at night then?

Chyan

7 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Ankor Wat transport

Angkor Wat Dec 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM

What is a typical expense for a tuk tuk on a Friday to go through the Angkor Wat complex?
      Is it difficult to get last minute bookings as we would like to tour on 20 December 2013?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM