Cambodia Travel Answers

change location

Cambodia to Laos

by Tira1 Online Now Dec 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hello everyone, I will be traveling to Cambodia Dec. 24 to volunteer for 3 weeks at an Elephant Sanctuary in Sen Monorom which is about 6 hours away from Phnom Penh. I am very excited. I checked the weather, it says during the day it should be around 30C and at night around 20C. These are the temperatures for Phnom Penh but I wonder how high Sen Monorom is?? If it is high up in the mountains I think it might be colder there. Does anyone know? Would like to make sure I have appropriate clothes as I get cold very easily; -(
After volunteering I will have a few days and would like to visit Laos, aiming for Luang Prabang. Will I need to go back to Phnom Penh or would there be an option to go directly from Sen Monorom? If so, how?
In 2004 I visited Vietnam and Cambodia. In Vietnam I used the Sinh Cafe for travel arrangements which was great. Is there a travel agency similar to that in Laos or Cambodia that you can recommend? How much will I need to expect to pay for a hotel in Laos, I'm a budget traveler and don't need much but a clean room with warm shower. And lastly, please tell me the Must Dos in Laos as I would like to get the most out of my time there. I love South East Asia, it is so beautiful. Thank you all for your help and tips. It is much appreciated. Cheers, Tira

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cambodia Travel Answer Locations