Cambodia Travel Answers

change location

Cambodia and then Japan or Japan followed by Cambodia?

by F_r_e_e_d Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I will be travelling from London to Cambodia/Japan in late May. Are there any special reasons why one would chose to go first to Japan then Cambodia or visit them in the reverse order?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Sevsa's Profile Photo

Re: Cambodia and then Japan or Japan followed by Cambodia?

by Sevsa Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I would do Japan first and then Cambodia. The only reason why I say that is the cost involved for the two countries. I think it is better to go to an expensive place first followed by the cheaper one. The only other factor would be where you are coming from. If it is more convenient and/or cheaper to do one over the other first then I would definitely go with that sequence.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Yep, I agree, think about the costs, the two countries are from different ends in the cost structure. If you take Japan first, you might get out of your travel budget without proper planning (or endless wallet).

Make a plan and itinary about the places, then think how you make the travels most economic or/and time consuming. Depends a lot where you are coming (e.g. from Bangkok you can fly to Siem Reap, take a bus to Phnom Penh, fly further ... just an examples). Have fun!

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

When in May? Rainy season starts in May in Cambodia, and before the cooling rains come it is incredibly hot, so this may speak to a stop in Japan first.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Another thing to consider is shopping, so i would also go to Japan first as Cambodia has many souvenirs, gifts for sale which are extremely cheap. You may want to purchase many items and fill your suitcase up and you would not want to be traveling around Japan with so much luggage.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

by easterntrekker Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I ,ve been to both places and I don't think it matters. They are very differnt culturely ...Japan so much more expensive. Look at flight connections etc.I think I would visit Cambodia first as it is so poor but still wonderful with deep and sad history.....visit my pages if you would like...maybe too much contrast to visit Japan first.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cambodia Travel Answer Locations