Cambodia Travel Answers

change location

travel time please and sights to see on the way

by aussideb Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM

kompong thom to sihanoukville

we are staying at sambor village kompong thom and want to travel to sihanoukville by taxi how long will it take?

Is there any good stop offs on way of interest

Ta

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: travel time please and sights to see on the way

by davidjo Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I would allow 5-6 hours by taxi. I did this trip by bus some years ago and it is roughly 2 1/2 hrs to PP then another 4hrs to Sihanoukeville, so i know the road has been improved since then and taxis are faster than buses so that is how i came to my conclusion. why not take a minibus to PP then another to Sihanoukeville or don't you want the hastle of changing transport in PP

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, I made part of that two weeks ago and the time depends on whether you go to Phnom Penh or not. You asked about the sights there, all PP is for you :) like Royal Palace, Silver Padoga, Wat Phnom, different market squares, Tuol Sleng, Killing fields, so you might have to take a night or two in PP.

May I ask you reason to go to Sihanoukville? I have heard some tourist providers has left the town, business situation have been challenging (there are/used to be two controling groups). Hope that situation is better, of course as normal tourist you probably don't even see the troubles. Infrastructure there is challenging also, but if you don't need air cond :) there is warmth all the time :)

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

by AlbuqRay Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Sambor Prei Kuk is 60 minutes from Kompong Thom and $2 entry. It is definitely worth a stop. Phnom Sontuk and Kulanokor Temple are also on the way to Phnom Penh. Between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville on Hwy-4 there is a rest stop in a mountain pass with beautiful views. I don't know the name though.

• kidfree's Profile Photo

by kidfree Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

3 hours by taxi P Penh to Sihanoukville, 4 - 5 by bus which I would recommend as being safer. Not sure about the other comments re Sihanoukville, made my first visit there last month and it was fine, plenty of good vaule air-con accommodation, decent beaches and plenty of places to eat and drink either lively or laid back whichever you prefer

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cambodia Travel Answer Locations