Calmar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4 nights in Banff and Jasper. Comments please

Banff Jul 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will be leaving for this wonderful are in a week time. I am able to come up with itinerary based on some past reviews and posts. I will be doing camp tenting and campsites are already booked. I am facing difficulty in filling places in correct order. This will be my only once in a lifetime trip, so I do not want to skip major points. We are not much into hiking.
      Day-1 Reaching Calgary at 12. Pick car and and leave for Lake Louise. Overnight stay at Lake Louise Campground. Same day Lake Louise and Lake Moraine.
      Day-2 Yoho NP, Emerald Lake, Natural Bridge, Wapta Falls, Takakkaw Falls. Will I have time to go further on Trans-Canada and see some more places ? Back to Lake Louise campground and night stay.
      Day-3 Packup and head to Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Icefields Parkway tour by Brewster, Maligne Canyon (or Mt. Edith Cavell), Medicine Lake, Athabasca Falls. Overnight stay in Wapiti campgrounds.
      Day-4 Packup tent and leave for Banff, Vermillion Lake. Overnight at Two Jack Campground.
      Day-5 Lake Minnewanka boat tour. I will have return flight at 7 in evening. What else I can see on this full day ?
      Really need help to plan.

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

more
    • Car Parking

Jasper National Park Jul 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM

We are thinking of staying in a hotel just outside of Jasper and driving in to the national park and then hiking from there. Is this a possibility? I have tried to research places to park a car for the day in Jasper and the costs associated with that but i haven't been successful. Any advice or help with car parking facilities would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM

If you will spend just a day in Jasper, is that enough time to see Athabasca Falls, canyon, Skywalk?

more
    • A short trip to Vancouver/Banff/Jasper. Suggestions ???

Jasper National Park Jun 27, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hi.....

I will be flying in Vancouver in July end and want to visit Banff and Jasper too. I am trying to figure out best possible use of my short time. Please check, if this looks ok.

Wednesday - Reaching Vancouver in evening and overnight stay.
      Thursday - Pick rental car. Full day at Vancouver. Overnight stay. (Still needs to check places to see)
      Friday - Leave Vancouver in morning towards Jasper. Overnigh stay at Jasper. (Which route should I take ? Toll road should save some time ? Or I should go via Revelstoke, Golden, Lake Louise ? This will give me some backtrack to and from Jasper) (OR, if it way long distance, where should I break my this long day ?)
      Satuday - Full day at Jasper NP, Icefield parkway. Overnight stay at Jasper.
      Sunday - Jasper to Banff NP. Around area and overnight at Banff NP.
      Monday - Half day at Banff and leave for 8 PM flight from Calgary.
      Really need help to make my itenerary

more
    • clothing essential s for Calgary and Banff in early september

Calgary Jun 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I'm going to Canada September 9th. Never been before and I'm really not sure what to pack. I'm so used to British weather . rain!!! Can anyone help
      Helen xx

more
    • A Day in Jasper

Jasper National Park Jul 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM

more