California Travel Answers

change location

Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013

by schl301 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013

"The Muir Beach parking lot is closed from June-November 2013 due to construction. Restrooms or nearby parking will not be available at Muir Beach during this period. Pacific Way is closed except to residents."
It doesn't say on the site where to park this summer since this lot will be closed?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013

by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Is the question that you'd like to know where to park?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yea, the "Muir Beach":parking lot is closed, but do not confuse this lot with the Muir Woods National Park visitors center and walking path is located. The parking is limited and fills up by noon at the Center. Again Muir Beach parking is not Muir Woods parking. I have double checked with the visitors center via phone, 1-415-516-3000, and was assured via a live docent, that only the Muir Beach parking lot was closed, not the visitor center parking lot. I put this in to not confuse those tourists and visitors that wish to go to Muir Woods any confusion. Remember to go early in the day or late afternoon as the visitors parking lot does fill up. Check out the map:nps.gov/muwo/planyourvisit/d...

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Muir Beach Parking Lot Closed June-November 2013

by schl301 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM

travelgourmet wrote:
    Yea, the "Muir Beach":parking lot is closed, but do not confuse this lot with the Muir Woods National Park visitors center and walking path is located. The parking is limited and fills up by noon at the Center. Again Muir Beach parking is not Muir Woods parking. I have double checked with the visitors center via phone, 1-415-516-3000, and was assured via a live docent, that only the Muir Beach parking lot was closed, not the visitor center parking lot. I put this in to not confuse those tourists and visitors that wish to go to Muir Woods any confusion. Remember to go early in the day or late afternoon as the visitors parking lot does fill up. Check out the map:nps.gov/muwo/planyourvisit/d...

ok great , thanks for clearing that up.  I actually called that number too but they didn't answer.      

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular California Travel Answer Locations