California Travel Answers

change location
rudysmom626's Profile Photo

What to do in Rancho Palos Verdes?

by rudysmom626 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hey guys!

My friends and I are planning a girls' trip and we've been looking at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes. While it looks beautiful, I'm not sure what else there is to do in that area outside of the resort itself, as I've never been to that area of LA before. Have any of you guys been to the resort? Any recommendations?

Thanks! Blake aka Rudysmom626

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Re: What to do in Rancho Palos Verdes?

by giampiero6 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

It's reasonably remote compared to being right in town. It's beautiful for sure!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I have cycled past that place 6 times and there is very little up there except for green areas. Very pleasant part of LA but not really a place you wanna go for a party. I think you would need to go down to Redodndo Beach to find any nightlife.

• DueSer's Profile Photo

by DueSer Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

You don't mention if you'll have a car or not. If you don't, there's really nothing within walking distance. However, if you have a car, Portuguese Bend is a very short drive away. The gorgeous Wayfarer's Chapel is here. It's made of glass and nestled in the trees with a fantastic view of the ocean. Just a bit further, almost to San Pedro, is Pt Fermin Lighthouse, which is also home to a really pretty Korean Bell given in friendship from South Korea. Great views from here as well. In the other direction from Terranea you're very close to Pt Vicente Lighthouse. Again, great views from there. In fact, the best thing to do in PV is just drive around. The main road - Palos Verdes Dr - hugs the rocky shoreline and provides fantastic views of the cliffs, the ocean, and Catalina Island in the distance. There are also some nature preserves and a botanical garden but those are mostly on the other side of the peninsula.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I could add 'Del Cerro Park' with great views foot/hiking paths. As said you will need a car, otherwise it is quite a remote place.

happy travels Jaap

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

by GracesTrips Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hopefully, you will have rented a car. Here are some ideas of things to do in LA on my travel page, link below: "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!" - Los Angeles by GracesTrips

You may enjoy hanging out at the Redondo Beach Pier (very close to Palos Verdes). Manhattan Beach just north of Redondo Beach is very nice. Enjoy your visit!

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo

by rudysmom626 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Yah, we will definitely have a car - we'll be driving down there from LA! I've heard it is a nice spot to get away from cray cray LA but still be near the ocean! Great suggestions, thanks everyone! And we know it's not a big party spot - we're looking more for peace and quiet and detoxing :)

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo

by rudysmom626 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We ended up going to Ojai this past weekend - it was super amazing and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a peaceful weekend from the hustle and bustle of the city!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular California Travel Answer Locations