Calheta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car or scooter?

Madeira Island Mar 18, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hi me and my partner have hired a scooter or a car most times we go abroad. We are travelling to Madeira in August and wondered which you recommend? We like the ease of parking a scooter. I realise it's a very hilly place however!

Your advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Louise

more
    • Day Trips from Funchal

Madeira Island Apr 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi I'm staying in Funchal and would like to know where is the best part of the Island to visit ie North, South, East or West Thanks

more
    • walking from Prazeres to Calheta

by minibonc Online Now Nov 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Hi

We are staying in Prazeres for a month from 2nd Jan. We will hire a car for some of the time, and wonder if anyone can give guidance on prices if we hire locally in Calheta?

For the period that we don't have a car, we intend to do lots of local walking. Does anyone know what walks we can do from Prazeres, and in particular, can we walk down to Calheta and how long a walk is this?

Where is the best (cheapest priced)supermarket located on the island and where is the cheapest petrol?

Finally, what is the weather likely to be like in January? We figure it might be a degree or to colder in Prazeres due to the height above sea level. Any ideas on average temps and how much rain we are likely to get?

Grateful for all info!!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM