Calgary

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• clothing essential s for Calgary and Banff in early september

by Helen1987 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I'm going to Canada September 9th. Never been before and I'm really not sure what to pack. I'm so used to British weather . rain!!! Can anyone help
      Helen xx

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    • calgary trains

by roni0826 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

how much fare does it cost if I ride from Marlborough station to chinook station?

3 Answers May 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • Distances-Calgary-Banff-Norquay Ski- calgary (YYC Airport)

by trraveltheworld Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi
      Can members pls let me know a good safe time for the following distances by car. I am from texas so what would be worst safest time I should consider based on current weather ( Fri & saturday Feb 22,22)

Calgary YYC to Banff
      and
      Norquay Ski Resort to Calgary YYC

Day time driving this friday/ saturday

3 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • My final trip- Advice Needed

by trraveltheworld Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Hi
      This is what I ended up planning and need some advice from local members:

I need one help- I have one extra day (Feb 24) at Banff/or Calgry and need some planning help. How do you guys suggest I spend that day? Me & My wife are adventurous so do not mind activities. I can spend a day at Banff or Calgary or drive around. Suggestions pls.

Feb 20- See calgary
      Feb 21- Sking lessons at Mt Norquay
      Feb 22- Snow shoeing + Snow Mobiling (2-3hrs)
      Feb 23- Half day ice Climbing (2hrs) & maybe half a day sking
      Feb 24- NEED HELP
      Feb 25 go back to Calgary & fly back

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • Driving to Vancouver

by Kiltedtraveller79 Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM

My family and I are staying over in calgary from the 7th to 27th. We are hiring a car for the duration of our stay and thought it would be a good idea to drive over to Vancouver to see friends for a few days. We would be planning to drive over about the 21st of May. What will the weather conditions be like in mountains? Is this a good time to be traveling through?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    • Ice Climbing

by trraveltheworld Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hi
      I am a newbie with snow. I am coming to Calgary and wish to do a Ice Climbing. I am a novice so would like to take some tour packages or something.

Can members please suggest me any Ice Climbing deals or give directions?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • Calgary to Yellowstone

by jam14 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

We wish to travel from Calgary to Yellowstone (oneway) we would like to use a hire car but know now that they do not do this and the Coach has ceased to run. Can anyone let us know how we can get there?? We would like to see the countryside and not just fly. Is there a train?

7 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • Gas Prices

by crazymum Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I've been trying to find out the gas prices for Calgary with little success - sites seem confusing as they quote 111.9 - I know that the measurement is different to the USA can someone please give me a rough idea on fuel prices given that we will be driving through the Canadian trans highway where I expect prices to be higher

Thanx

11 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    • ride share

by parveennagpal Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

need a ride from calgary to vancouver

3 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • Road conditions

by crazymum Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

OK I'm hoping to do the trip of a lifetime!!

Thinking of flying to Calgary and driving to Jasper and doing the Parkway Icefields - hubbie is getting worried about the road conditions for June - any info as to when is the best time to do this scenic drive - I know this year there was freakish weather conditions - I thought 2nd week June would be fine - any help/info/ places to stay see would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

3 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    • From Calgary to Vancouver, Seattle and Glacier

by marco.m Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Hi everyone, I'm planning a trip, approximately 1 week/10 days, that brings me to visit the cities of Vancouver and Seattle and on the way back to Calgary, from the US, also the Glacier National Park in Montana. Do you have itinerary advice to give me, and do you think is doable in the span of time I mentioned with a car rental in Calgary? Thank you folks

7 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    • rental car for 3-4 weeks

by marihona Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Hi. I'm planning to do a round trip from Calgary-Rockies-Vancouver-Calgary for 3-4 weeks, and I'm thinking it would be best to rent a car for this. Where would be the best place in Calgary to get a good and not to overprised car? I'm only one person, so I don't need a big car =)

2 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    • ozkylie's Profile Photo

Transport during the 2013 stampede

by ozkylie Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Hi all
      We're travelling from New Zealand to Calgary for the stampede, arrive 1st July/depart 8th. We're two couples and one of us has bad knees so we thought that we'd try to avoid public transport for him and opt for a rental car.
      We've arranged parking in the grounds and seating for the parade;so far so good. The big question is parking for the parade. We're staying on 16th Ave NW and the parade breakfast is 7am at the corner of 8th Ave SW & 7th St SW. The plan is to leave early and drive to the 24 hour parkade at 722 8th Ave SW and be there by 6am.
      No idea what traffic will be like then or how long to get to the parkade so any advice would be really helpful.
      Also as our car rental is costing a hair raising $1883 CAD for 8 days (although this includes $199 one way drop off fee to Edmonton) we'd heard that some car sales will sell a car and then buy it back after a short term visit and pay approx $1000 less. Anyone know anything of this?
      I know the sensible and cheaper option is to use the train but we're catering to our friend who can't stand for too long. Thanks for any advice.

10 Answers May 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    • kam32's Profile Photo

Relocating To calgary

by kam32 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Hi folks,
      I will be moving to Calgary at the end of next month, I just want to know whats the best place to live in terms of transport etc. I have not been there before so any tips are welcome.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • aqazi's Profile Photo

12am - 6.30am layover

by aqazi Online Now Nov 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

OK I'll admit I'm too cheap to pay for a hotel for a few hours, I much rather prop up a bar somewhere. Is there anywhere at the airport or not too far away that can keep us amused during our layover?

Az..

5 Answers Nov 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    • bucket list

by patnalan Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM

fancy going to calgar stampede inb 2013. not on my husbands bucket list but deffo on mine. Which hotel are close to the transportation and how long should we stay. My other half thinks a couple of days will be more than enough so would appreciate any help from residents. Cheers Pat

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    • Calgary to Yellowstone

by pbdancing Online Now Jul 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Dear All,

I am looking at driving from Calgary to Yellowstone and back. I have 7 nights only. Can anyone tell me if they think this is realistic (I am looking at 3 nights in Yellowstone) and also if there are some nice scenic drives with some small towns etc to look at. Also, can I go back a different way and is the border crossing ok?

Many thanks,

PB Dancing

10 Answers Oct 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    • Benson35's Profile Photo

Airport to the city centre

by Benson35 Online Now May 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Hi all,
      My family (of 4 inc. myself) are in Canada in Sept/Oct. We have a 7 hour wait until our connecting flight to Saskatoon.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to hop on the shuttle bus from the airport and explore Calgary a little?

How long does the shuttle bus take?

Has anybody done this? What did you get up to?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you!
      Hayley :)

5 Answers May 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    • Calgary to Regina - Public Transport

by MapleMoose Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I can find no websites showing train or bus routes on the subject route. Greyhound only lists Ontario stations! www.greyhound.ca Surely there must be a route between these 2 cities??

4 Answers Nov 5, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    • twilightmuse's Profile Photo

Cross Canada road trip.

by twilightmuse Online Now Sep 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM

My husband and I are planning on moving from Cambridge Ontario to Calgary Alberta. My husband is moving in Oct. to job hunt while I stay behind and handle loose ends here. Most of our possessions we're leaving behind, but we have 2 dogs and a cat to move. So far we are looking at2500 to move with a small company. We are considering offering an all expensis paid road trip to anyone willing to rent a van and share driving to move me to Alberta while my husband sets up on that end, with a one way plane ticket once in Alberta to get them home. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations or know of anyone who would be both interested and a safe bet?

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Late September / Early October

by rmdw Online Now Jul 30, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I'm going to be house-sitting in Calgary for the aforementioned time period. I searched for special events in the city during that time but couldn't find any.

Might anyone know of what things are going on then?

Robert

• fuddbeer's Profile Photo

Hostels in Calgary? Working in Calgary?

by fuddbeer Online Now May 17, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Hi All,
      My girlfriend and I and flying into Calgary from Ireland at 8pm. Dose anybody know what the transport is like to get the city at this time? I have read that the public transport is best be avoided at this time, is this true?
      I have looked into staying here Calgary CYOB Guest house. But there is not much information about it, which makes me sceptical to stay there. What are the hostels like in Calgary. From what I can find there is only a hand full of them. Which also makes me think that its not much of a backpacking town. Am I right?
      Last one, work is it easy to get work there?
      All responses are greatly appreciated
      Thanks,
      Dan.

• Shuttle to Strathmore from Calgary Airport

by rlbtzero Online Now Apr 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I'm arriving just past midnight from San Francisco and plan to meet friends in Strathmore. Is there a shuttle available at a reasonable price, or should I just rent a car and drive there?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    • RFS1947's Profile Photo

Sightseeing and hotels

by RFS1947 Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Hi to all
      I have a day to stay in Calgary in late May and would like to maximise my time by finding a reasonably-priced hotel near things I should see. Where should I stay and what should I see? Or should I just get an airport hotel (because I have a 7 am flight the next day) and use public transport to see a bit of Calgary?

Thanks

10 Answers Feb 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    • Car and trailer Rental

by stuartg433 Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 3:16 AM

We are planning a trip to Calgary in June and would prefer to camp. Can you advise rental companies who would rent a 4x4 car and a trailer or popup trailer tent. Alternatively are lodges on camp grounds available for 1 to 2 nights
      Are there any guide books to back country trails and forrest roads

3 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    • clmbsb's Profile Photo

Calgary Airport to Edmonton

by clmbsb Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hi.

We will be flying into Calgary but staying in Edmonton. I understand that there is no rail link between the 2 cities so how can we get there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clare

4 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    • arthur10's Profile Photo

Trip Calgary to Vancouver 15 Oct.

by arthur10 Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Hi,
      I and my friend are planning for a trip by car from Calgary to Vancouver spending few days in Banff and then to Jasper then to Vancouver. I have some questions:
      1. Usually is it cold in that week?
      2. about the car rental what do you recommend?
      3. Any cheap hotel or backpacker in Banff and Jasper?
      If you have any other tips you would like to share please do so.
      Arthur
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    • car train to calgary?

by rippleterry Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I live in the Milwaukee area and would like to take a train to Calgary and put my car on the train so that I can drive back. Does anyone know if that is possible?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    • Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Driving from Edmonton to Calgary.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Hi, we're thinking of flying into Edmonton, staying a few nights, and then driving down to Calgary with a one night stop along the way. What I need to know is:
      How far is it, is it a nice drive, is there much to see / do along the way, is there somewhere that is ideal for a one night stop along the way.
      Any help would be much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Tricky Dicky

5 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    • Car Rental in Calgary with Class 7N license ?

by Itzabreeze Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I'm having a very hard time renting a car in Calgary (near the airport) with a Class 7N license. Any ideas here ?

You help would be great!

3 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 6:11 AM