Calgary Travel Answers

change location
kam32's Profile Photo

Relocating To calgary

by kam32 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Hi folks,
I will be moving to Calgary at the end of next month, I just want to know whats the best place to live in terms of transport etc. I have not been there before so any tips are welcome.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • la-lola's Profile Photo

Re: Relocating To calgary

by la-lola Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM

first go to calgarytransit.com to look for a map with the routes, then go to www.kijiji.ca to look for accomodation, furniture and everything else... my favorite part is kensington/sunnyside, close to downtown (one stop away), with all it's restaurants and coffees, but not as bussy and noisy as downtown... i have some information of calgary on my travel page if you want to check it out... good luck in calgary, you're going to like it if you donĀ“t mind the cold weather.. it's probably snowing by now, spring time =D

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kam32's Profile Photo

by kam32 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Thanks will look into it.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

by Jetgirly Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It depends a lot on your income. The rental market is insane right now- I heard about one guy who advertised his apartment for rent at $1100 per month and had so many interested applicants that he was able to get $1700. I live in a condo (so, I own it), but some of my neighbours rent theirs from the owners and $1700-1800 is the average rental price in my building for a two bedroom unit (it's about $1300 for one bedroom). You pay your own utility bills on top of that. Calgary is a very big city as well, and if you live far from your work you can easily spend 90-120 minutes in traffic each way (especially if you rely on transit). The best area to live in really depends on your income and your place of employment.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines