Calama

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • Round trip Calama to San Pedro

by parosbrad Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Anybody got best idea for this trip? i used Licancabur transfers last week Friday and was left stranded in San Pedro at 20h30 with 2 small kids and no place to stay! trip seems easy enough but need reliable company to use. They also charge 80 000 Pesos for the great service>

Cheers
      Carl

• Unique82's Profile Photo

Arica

by Unique82 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Does anyone have info to transport to Arica from Calama, im due to arrive calama at 8pm, will i be able to get a bus to Arica around that time, if so which compnay?. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    • Info for Calama, Chile

by tvlagt2 Online Now May 11, 2010 at 2:13 PM

What is the best way to fly into Calama, Chile from JFK without going via Santiago? Can they fly into Lima, Peru and drive down? How long is the drive from Lima and is it an easy drive?

Thanks,

Sue

3 Answers May 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    • Transportation from Puno ( Peru) to Calama

by springyezi Online Now Nov 24, 2009 at 6:52 PM

From Puno, what is the most time efficient way to get to calama? I can't pass Bolivia ( can't get a visa). Can I fly/take bus? Is there any tour of calama that originates from Peru side? Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 26, 2009 at 4:13 AM