Calais

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bike security in Roubaix

Roubaix Apr 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hi, I am visiting Roubaix this weekend as I am riding the Paris Roubaix sportive on Saturday then watching the race on Sunday at the velodrome. Is there anywhere safe near to or at the velodrome on Sunday where I can leave a bicycle secured to something. Thank you.

more
    • Restaurant

Arras Apr 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Where is open and a good place to eat in Arras on a Sunday evening?

more
    • Parking at Calais for train to London St. Pancras

by missashleehill Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My dad is doing a road trip around Europe and will be driving to Calais in March to park his car up and then catch the train from Calais to London St. Pancras. He needs to find a secure carpark that he can park his car in for about 9 days. I'd love to be able to book it for him in advance also. Could anyone please advise me if there is a secure long stay car park near the Calais train station. Any help would be massively appreciated.

4 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • What to buy in calais

by Ginty123 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

A friend is going to Calais and has offered to bring back anything I might like before Christmas. I'm thinking charcuterie, chocolate, wine, syrups, mustard but I'm not sure what specifically to ask for any help/ideas appreciated - thanks

7 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    • Parking lots

by IdaB Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Where are parking lots located as you exit the Chunnel from UK and what is the cost?

5 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    • Where can we park cars when we exit the Chunnel in Calais

by IdaB Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Where can we park cars when we exit the Chunnel in Calais

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • Is there a bus from Calais to Koksijde, Belgium

by dewijones Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM

How would i get from Calais to Koksijde.
      Seems very roundabout by train

3 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    • Long term parking in Calais close to the ferry terminal

by inselkind Online Now Sep 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hi there,

I hope somebody can help me.
      Does anybody have experience (or happens to know)if there is a secure long term parking car park close to the port?
      I think I found one, but it doesn't seem to be possible to book a space in advance via internet and just gives a french phone nr.(I don't speak french).
      I wouldn't want my parents taking a risk and just turning up and hope for the best. It has to be secure as well. Thanks for your help!

7 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

What time before the ferry should I turn up at Dover ?

by Mark_Lester Online Now Jun 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

£80 for me and the family, it's a deal!. We'd normally fly to the continent then hire a car but as we'd be going to France or Germany anyway this time it's a no brainer.
      I've never taken a car ferry before, how long before the scheduled departure should I aim for. I can't find this obvious piece of advice anywhere.

24 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • Genealogy Research trip

by bplobrano Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM

My g.g.grandfather Nathaniel Powell & his brother Thomas were lace makers from England living in Calais in the 1840s. Most of their children were born there before they came to the US arounf 1850 and settled in CONN & Philadelphia. Two of the sons(my g.grandfather) started a stocking mill in Philadelphia in 1879 and became quite successful. We want to see the lace museum and the area of St. Pierre where they lived. We are wondering where the best archives are--perhaps city hall? Could we find a history buff to hire for a tour. We will only come down from London on the train for the day--9:30am-9:30pm. perhaps on Sept 9th.
      Pat & Bill

2 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    • platapus's Profile Photo

Travelling Rome - UK via Calais

by platapus Online Now Jun 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM

My wife and I are in our 70's and will be arriving in Calais (by train) from Rome.

We want to cross the Channel by boat so as to see the White Cliffs of Dover from the sea.

Can somebody give me some advice please......

Is the railway station close to the "ferry" terminal....and how do we get from the train to the boat, ie is a taxi applicable and what are the costs etc.

How often do ferries depart Calais and do we board as a "foot" passenger or otherwise....and do we have to have our luggage with us, or is it booked separately?

Finally, an indication of the fares to cross the Channel would be appreciated.

Thanks.........\\

2 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    • calais, france

by luluzalu Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM

hi there
      what is the least expensive way to get to paris from calais, any recommendations for inexpensive hostels?
      also same question from london to dover.
      thank you

1 Answer Jun 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    • calais to Somme

by norman000 Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM

hi, my partner and i wish to travel to the Somme region from Calais and was wondering if a bus or train was available for this journey, thanks for any input

1 Answer Jun 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    • calais to nice

by marineee Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM

is it possible to fly from calais to nice? or driving is the only way to go?

8 Answers Mar 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM
    • pennilane's Profile Photo

Travelling from Australia to UK via Calais to a region in France without getting exhausted

by pennilane Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I want to know whether it is realistic to fly into UK from Australia then using a rental car drive through to France to find some holiday accomodation for a week. I haven't chosen any regions in France because i don't know realistically how far I can drive without passing out from jetlag!

18 Answers Jan 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    • Bank

by Lutefisk8 Online Now Nov 25, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Hi, I will be in Calais be in Calais soon and need to bank some cash. I have an account in France with the Banque de Lyonnaise near Grenoble and wish to deposit cash in the account whilst in Calais. Does anyone know a bank that is easy to find with easy access and parking who will not charge for me to deposit the funds? I am likely to visit the Cite Europe in Cocquelle. Thanks, Vince

2 Answers Nov 26, 2006 at 6:14 AM
    • Bank

by Lutefisk8 Online Now Nov 25, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Hi, I will be in Calais be in Calais soon and need to bank some cash. I have an account in France with the Banque de Lyonnaise near Grenoble and wish to deposit cash in the account whilst in Calais. Does anyone know a bank that is easy to find with easy access and parking who will not charge for me to deposit the funds? I am likely to visit the Cite Europe in Cocquelle. Thanks, Vince

• Long term parking?

by alexawcallen Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM

At the end of June I'm going to be leaving my car in calais until the end of july. I was wondering if there is any long term parking available? And if possible as close to the ferry port as possible.
      Alex

• DaveDeakin's Profile Photo

Country Restaurant

by DaveDeakin Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 8:34 AM

Will be in Northern France for the day on Saturday 4th March. We normally have a lunchtime meal in Calais, but would like to try somewhere in the country. Could any one recommend a nice restaurant in a village or small town within a 30-mile radius of Calais? Or anywhere between Calais and the Belgium border.

• 06h00 Where to go for coffee

by rmcgarry Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 4:27 AM

We are arriving at 06h00 in Calais on Sea France, but have to wait for some friends on a later ferry. Can you advise where we can go close to the port for coffee and croissants while we wait?

1 Answer Jul 27, 2005 at 6:50 PM
    • Lions on TV

by PaulnChris Online Now Jun 22, 2005 at 7:01 AM

Anyone have any idea where in Calais I can watch the Lions v All BLacks Live on Saturday 24th June . Help.

• mintola's Profile Photo

eating in calais

by mintola Online Now May 21, 2005 at 4:16 AM

Does anyone know of a cheap place to eat in Calais please? We have tried Flunches in the Auchan a couple of times and been very disappointed each time. Have heard about Buffalo grill, which is opposite, but don't know what sort of prices they charge. We can catch a bus into the town itself so that wouldn't be a problem if there is somewhere nice there. Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 28, 2005 at 12:43 AM
    • Calais to Bayeux?

by rclark82 Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 4:42 PM

Traveling with the family from London to France for a couple of days. Would like to depart Eurostar at Calais and get to Bayeux the same day. What's the best way to that? Car? Train? Go to Paris and then take the train to Bayeux?

1 Answer Feb 17, 2005 at 8:01 PM
    • Paris to Calais

by knightee Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 12:03 PM

We will be driving from Paris to Calais to catch the chunnel to England. I need to know how far and how long it will take to drive from Paris to Calais? Thank you

2 Answers Nov 14, 2004 at 4:57 PM
    • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Calais - Paris

by Marpessa Online Now Jun 10, 2004 at 5:33 PM

Can anyone give me websites for trains that travel from Calais to Paris - I tried Eurostar, but from Calais it only stops at Ashford and London. Thanks! :) Cassie

1 Answer Jun 10, 2004 at 8:00 PM
    • Camping Municiple

by Lauraox Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 8:36 AM

Has anyone stayed in the municpal campsite in calais? Is it OK? Do you know prices or have a link where I might be able to find out? Is it where I think it is (next to the beach near the ferry terminal but on the otherside of the water)? Thanks for help! Laura

2 Answers Jun 3, 2004 at 8:42 AM
    • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Calais-Paris

by Marpessa Online Now Mar 16, 2004 at 4:30 PM

Hi! In August I will be taking the ferry from Dover-Calais and then on to Paris. What is the best and fastest way to get to Paris from Calais? Thanks :) Cassie

1 Answer Mar 16, 2004 at 4:46 PM
    • Jill2002's Profile Photo

Car crime in Calais

by Jill2002 Online Now Apr 8, 2003 at 2:04 PM

I'm looking for a hotel in Calais for a few nights next week. All the hotels so far have said that they have 'Secure Parking area' . Does this mean that there is a problem with car crime ? Also, does anyone know of any good quality clean hotels in or around Calais that they can recommend? Jill

6 Answers May 21, 2005 at 4:13 AM
    • travel to Calais

by lendulin Online Now Jan 22, 2003 at 12:01 PM

Can someone tell me, how to travel from London in the UK to Calais in France by the cheapest way possible?

3 Answers Jan 23, 2003 at 10:08 AM