Cairo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flying to Cairo on the weekend

by FeliciaM1 Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 4:25 AM

I am concerned about flying to Cairo on the weekend as i have just seen that the airport was bombed any advice would be welcomed

more
    • Travel to Cairo

by jt2015 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hi.. My company is sending me to Cairo for an official purpose for 30 days. Is it safe to travel to Cairo now ( heard about the bombs at the airport)? Also, is there any curfew, any areas I should avoid or anything else that I should be aware of? I will be travelling alone.

more
    • Angelspy's Profile Photo

Booking Nile Cruise

by Angelspy Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I will be in Cairo in the first week of April and was wondering if you can book a Nile Cruise leaving from there for about 3 days....I am a female travelling solo.

more
    • Tips for first time visit

by Hnk059 Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Hi all! I am from the U.S. and am traveling to Cairo at the end of the month with a girlfriend. We have arranged tours/airport transport through our hotel, but are looking for any tips or recommendations for first time Cairo travelers!

Foods to try
      Appropriate attire
      Must sees
      Anything in general one should know/be aware of

Thanks!!!

more
    • DidzisJ's Profile Photo

Nile ferry from cairo to sharm el sheik!

by DidzisJ Online Now Feb 25, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Can somebody help me out, where i can book a ferry ride to sharm el sheik from cairo?!
      Many THX

more
    • DidzisJ's Profile Photo

Nile ferry from cairo to sharm el sheik!

by DidzisJ Online Now Feb 25, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Can somebody help me out, where i can book a ferry ride to sharm el sheik from cairo?!
      Many THX

17 Answers 5 hours ago
    • Angelspy's Profile Photo

Booking Nile Cruise

by Angelspy Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I will be in Cairo in the first week of April and was wondering if you can book a Nile Cruise leaving from there for about 3 days....I am a female travelling solo.

6 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • Travel to Cairo

by jt2015 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hi.. My company is sending me to Cairo for an official purpose for 30 days. Is it safe to travel to Cairo now ( heard about the bombs at the airport)? Also, is there any curfew, any areas I should avoid or anything else that I should be aware of? I will be travelling alone.

3 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • Tips for first time visit

by Hnk059 Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Hi all! I am from the U.S. and am traveling to Cairo at the end of the month with a girlfriend. We have arranged tours/airport transport through our hotel, but are looking for any tips or recommendations for first time Cairo travelers!

Foods to try
      Appropriate attire
      Must sees
      Anything in general one should know/be aware of

Thanks!!!

6 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • Flying to Cairo on the weekend

by FeliciaM1 Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 4:25 AM

I am concerned about flying to Cairo on the weekend as i have just seen that the airport was bombed any advice would be welcomed

2 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    • Advice on housing choice - transportation

by jeanfinney Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Hi - I am looking for budget housing for a couple of months in Cairo so my choices are very limited. I primarily want to experience the cultural life, concerts at the Opera House, Arab Music Institute, and a folk center downtown, with incursions into "Islamic" Cairo (of course all of Egypt is Islamic!) . So I need to be fairly central. (I am a woman alone by the way but I feel ok about that) - I am waiting for a possibility in Zamalek, but if that does not work out, I have an option in Heliopolis and quite possibly in upper Moqattam. In terms of travel time and options and general transportation struggle, which would a Cairo-savvy person recommend? I will be returning home fairly late from concerts. Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 7:44 AM
    • American male, 56 yrs. old, planning on working and living in Cairo on a construction project.

by cholocz Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Will I be relatively safe with street smarts? Also, what area of Cairo would you suggest that I rent a small apartment? Any additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I could be moving there as soon as February. I have lived and worked for long periods of time in other Countries, mostly Latin.
      Thank-you.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 2:46 AM
    • Bestfriendlove's Profile Photo

Travel To See Best Friend

by Bestfriendlove Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I hopefully will be going to Egypt in the summer of 2015 to see my best friend I haven't seen in 2 years. I would like to know if it will be okay as In safe to stay in Cario In her home but travel to Hurghada? I would love to hear from Egyptians! I love Egypt and it has been my dream to go there ever since I was little. I just need a little effidence to convince my mom more... Thanks!

12 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    • Trip to Cairo in November

by joanna81 Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I wanted to visit Egypt (Hurghada) in November
      We also planned trip to Cairo but Im a bit worried as people says its not safe. My question is , Is safe to visit Cairo in November or not?

11 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • Group Day Tours Cairo & Luxor?

by Nomadam Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I'm planning a trip to Cairo and Luxor for next spring as a stopover on my way to Istanbul. I've been looking for small group day tours in both places. I'm not having much luck. All the tours to Giza and various parts of Cairo and also Luxor's different must-see spots seem to emphasize being private tours. I'm getting the impression that with tourist traffic down, tour operators don't want to offer a guaranteed departure trip for a particular rate then have only one or two people show up. I'll be traveling alone, and since the tour prices are on a sliding scale, I'll be paying quite a lot for each one. I don't mind that as much as just feeling more comfortable with a few people along. It's not even safety, as much as having other tourists to talk with. Does anyone know of companies that do offer group day trips or have suggestions about reliable tour operators?
      I'd also appreciate hearing from woman who've traveled alone in Egypt.
      Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • help me get in contact

by toroot Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

i am looking to get the adress and and phone number / emial if possible of badaby's store in khan el khalili
      any help would be great thanks j

2 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • Pyramids on christmas

by parece_real Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM

It is possible to visit the Pyramids on 25th december (Christmas day)?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

cost for horse riding at the pyramids in the evening

by randyteh Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM

how much is the cost for horse riding at the pyramids?
      what time is the pyramid show and how long?
      where can I take a short boat ride for an hour to view the river Nile and how much will it cost
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • varun2020's Profile Photo

Cairo - Current Political Situation

by varun2020 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hello All, I'm from India and will be visiting Cairo on a business trip in first week of July, 2014. I will have only 2 days in Cairo, so would like to make best use of them. appreciate if you please help with below questions ?

1. Shall I think of postponing my trip considering the current political situation.
      2. Which attractions shall I visit in Cairo on a weekend?
      3. Do's n Don't during Ramadan.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Varun

6 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • Raissa93's Profile Photo

Visit to Al-Qarafa and Pyramids

by Raissa93 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Hi,
      I will be spending a month in Cairo starting from the beginning of July. I will be there for a volunteering experience, but I am planning to make the most of my spare time from work. In particular, I would like to visit the Pyramids, Al-Qarafa and the other main attractions. As I am an Italian 21 year old girl travelling on my own, I would like to ask you to kindly recommend some reliable guides (possibly not too expensive). Also, if any other lone travellers are reading this, we could meet and go there as a group, since I've been told that although sites like al-Qarafa are fascinating, they are not exactly the best places to visit on one's own.
      Thank you very much in advance!

18 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • Safe Travel

by kellyjo407 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I am planning to come through Cairo for a few days with a girl friend. We are two US women and are wondering what the political situation is right now in Cairo and if travel is safe. I tend to feel that almost every place I have traveled to that "someone" said may be unsafe - upon arrival, I felt safe and sound and quite enjoyed myself. Any advice, pearls of wisdom would be welcomed.

7 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • Is Cairo a safe stopover for a airplane flight?

by cally443 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Is it currently safe to fly Al Sinai and Egypt Air from Israel with a stopover in Cairo?

7 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • Travelling and worried

by debiday Online Now May 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Will be visiting cairo and excited to see the pyramids.. but I'm so worried about the political situation. I will be travelling with my boyfriend, is this a good idea to come visit now? Other than dressing conservatively, any tips to stay safe?

Thank you

8 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Safe during June 15-18?

by gangnam571 Online Now May 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to North America and am planning to take a 3 day stopover at Cairo during 15th to 18th June. Is it safe to travel at that time since I have no idea about the events (political and others) occurring then. Can Al-sisi getting elected trigger a face off between him and Muslim Brotherhood (since he has vowed to finish MB)?

3 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • election time

by ELT47 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Do you think visiting pyamids will be ok during election week? Arrive 26th leave 29th.

2 Answers May 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    • Should I visit Cairo?

by hongsolo Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Greetings, I am thinking visiting Cairo to see the Pyramids and such a couple days after the elections? Is this advisable? Will is be safe after the elections? Thanks for any advice and help you can give me.

5 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Travel during election time

by Bon213 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I am a 56 year old mother who will be traveling with my son (30) and his friend (24) to Sharm May 24-31, then plan on spending 4 days in Cairo, May 31-June 4. With the upcoming elections, what are your thoughts as far as safety/timing? We are all American citizens

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    • Is it safe to visit Cairo?

by aqua83me2 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, we are planning a trip in August and have a stop-over at Cairo for 13 hours (12:30 pm - 2 am) and 17 hours (6 am - 8:45pm) both ways. I was thinking about doing the Museum on one day and the Pyramids / Sphinx on the other. Could you please tell me if it is safe to travel outside to the city? I read an article which said that the Egyptian government is wooing tourists to visit places like Luxor and Aswan, but are not promoting Cairo. Also would you advice that we do both on the same day?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • UNSURE AND SCARED

by nishafranco81 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Just really frightened by whats going on in cairio , i fly out on the 16th May and have been told that the elections take place 26th-27th may i am going there to get married , i actually dont know what to do , this is the only time i have off from work and need to do this this year , my flights are booked , can anyone shed somelight as to their thoughts please

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • One big day in Cairo.

by twismar Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I would like to arrive in Cairo at 7am, visit the pyramids, then return to the airport for a flight leaving at 11pm. This would be on Wednesday, April 9th. I know traffic will be bad from the airport to the pyramids. Do you think it will be enough time? Would it be safe? Should I find a taxi to take me to the pyramids or should I set up a guide in advance to meet me at the airport?
      Thank you so much for your help.

8 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • 18 year old in Cairo

by globetrotta Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I am thinking of taking a week's work placement in Cairo this coming October and (although I am 17 now) will just be 18 by the time of the trip. I am British and have not travelled there before. I will stay with an employee (a lawyer), whom I have not met before, at a reputable energy firm via a connection from my father's work. My father is of asian descent and so is not as worried as my mother, who thinks it would be too dangerous for a white male of my age given the current situation in Egypt and Cairo especially. Is she right? Or will I be okay if I stay close to my host?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Are females safe in Egypt?

by travelgirl95 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Hi, I am a 19 year old Canadian girl wanting to go to Cairo at the end of May for 2 weeks. I would fly there alone but my male Egyptian friend (who I trust a lot) would pick me up at the airport and be with me for the rest of the trip. Will I be safe given the current situation in Egypt? Is the harassment towards women as bad as the media makes it seem?
      Also, would jeans and a tshirt be appropriate dress code when in public?

12 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 3:02 AM
    • What to do in Cairo (& it's surroundings)

by sweetsoul22 Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I am going to Cairo for 7 days (inshaAllah), if anybody could suggest to me places to visit or things to do in Cairo & it's surroundings it would be great!:)

I know there are lots & lots of things online already about the subject but the more the better ^^

Also, I would love to visit the most famous sites, amongst them, Temples of Abou Simble, do you know what's the cheapest way to go there?

9 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Cairo Airport

by easterntrekker Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM

We are torn about booking a flight with Eqypt Air that has a change of planes in Cairo...like to hear fro anyone who has been through that airport lately. I 'm concerned about the uprising situation.
      It's a better connection to South Africa and $400.00 all toll less expensive.
      Appreciate your response. Thnaks

11 Answers May 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
    • Snowball1317's Profile Photo

I was wondering if it is safe to travel to Cairo, Egypt

by Snowball1317 Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I would like to go visit there someday like in one to two years from now and would it be safe to travel there?

12 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 3:46 AM