Cairo Travel Answers

change location

shifting to cairo

by rkpdvm Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

i might have an opportunity to move to cairo on employment with my current firm. good job and nice pay. am getting worried due to the present safety situation in cairo. any advise on how is the city for expats. i might end up living in the 6th of october area....

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: shifting to cairo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Keep in mind that Cairo is a city of 10,000,000 plus in a country of nearly 85,000,000. So a couple thousand protesters hardly represent the majority.

Furthermore, Cairo is incredibly spread out. And unless you go looking for trouble, or say you never turned on the TV, you wouldn't even know anything was happening.

Beyond that, the protests are a domestic issue. They are not targeting foreigners. I went to one of the protests last year and was actually protected by the locals.

joestrippin.blogspot.com/201...

Sure, things could seriously hit the fan again. But that's also true of Greece or Spain.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:31 AM

I suggest googling 'Cairo expats' and reading what they have to say. You can join one/some of the groups and ask questions about living there in the current situation. If you decide to move, the expats are a great source of information for everything from where to live, to doctors, to shopping..... Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• ng_noah's Profile Photo

by ng_noah Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

As Fluffy Bunny said, the situation in Cairo poses no threat to foreigners.
    Add to this that 6th October is very fare form any problems that might occur. It's usually Down town where protests happen.
    Where is your firm located? Just to make sure that the route you'll take To-From work everyday does not pass by the troubled ares, in case any troubles happen.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines