Travel Answers
Cahuita

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bpolt's Profile Photo

lodgings, safe beach: Cocles or Cahuita?

by bpolt Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM

My adult daughter and I will be in the area the first week of January. She mostly wants to go to a beach. I want to take some excursions, and to swim where the waves will not knock me over.

I prefer simple lodgings; my daughter says, "No hostels." What can you recommend?

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    • Cahuita, Costa Rica to Bocas Del Toro

by kailaniking Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

What is the best (safest) way to get from Cahuita to Bocas Del Toro? Would love to save money and avoid flying, so I am thinking busing would be best, just don't know which one to take.

6 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

apartment with boatdock in Cahuita?

by Saar123 Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hi,

We are considering to spend some time in Cahuita.
      We are traveling with a small sailboat, on which we can not sleep.
      Is there a possibility to find a place to stay that has a boat dock?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    • Traveling to Cahuita

by aliciachavez Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I have been doing some research about how to get from San Jose to Cahuita and i have seen several different stations: the Gran Terminal de Caribe, the coca-cola terminal, the carribian terminal. I was wondering if these were all the same, they seem to have the same bus times, or if they were all different. If they are different, which one is the best bet? Cheapest, most convenient and fastest. Also will there be bus service on Christmas eve or Christmas Day?

Thank you!

1 Answer Dec 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM
    • from Tortuguero to Cahuita

by kosnoff Online Now Dec 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM

What are the bus/boat transportation options to get from Tortuguero Village to Cahuita?

1 Answer Dec 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM
    • Travel from San Jose to Cahuita & then to Panama

by molagu Online Now Apr 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I have been to Costa Rica many times but are trying some a new itinerary this year. We are planning on flying into SJO and taking a bus to Cahuita for several nights, heading to Bocas del Torro for a few more nights and then to Dominical for a couple weeks. Any advice on the best way to get to Bocas del Torro and them to Dominical? Also, I haven't been to Cahuita since my pre-kids days and am wondering if it is safer now?

1 Answer Aug 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    • Transport

by Ticoholandia Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM

My boyfriend and I would like to go from Cahuita to Sixaola/Bocas del Toro, do we have to go to Limon to catch the bus to Sixaola or is there a bus that stops in Cahuita to Sixaola?
      Can someone help us please?

7 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    • surfing??

by kimbo7 Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM

where is the best places for surfing in or around cahuita?
      are there places to rent surf boards?
      thanks.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM
    • Desperately searching for rooms

by krone1378 Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 10:14 AM

7 of us will be there from March 17 to 22. Does anyone have suggestions and/or e-mails for Spencer Seaside and Villa del Mar?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 8:55 AM
    • cahuita national park hotel experiences,malaria in Cahuita,Cahuita vs Domincal?

by jesse8 Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM

We are considering staying at the Cahuita National Park Hotel next month for several nights and would like to hear about your experiences there--clean? safe? friendly? good for a 14 year old?

Also, interested in finding out more things to do in the area--snorkeling experiences, swimming, boogie boarding, nature, wildlife??

Also,wondering for 4 nights which would be a better choice,??-- Dominical or Cahuita???, for nature, peace, beach, quiet, safety, interesting wildlife,simming, boogie boarding, nature advenrues that would suit a 14 year old?

Thanks,
      Jesse

2 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • Buzzards

by bobali10 Online Now Sep 21, 2007 at 5:15 PM

When I was in Cahuita all the trash locals produced were dumped on the reefs in the ocean,,,is that still the case

• Cheap hotel/bunglo ? Cahuita or area

by terrycook Online Now May 28, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Hi, I am a single (just divorced) guy looking at moving to C.R. I was there last year for 3 months and will be there the latter part of the summer. I want to find very inexpensive place to stay on the Caribbean side and Cahuita looks good. What can you tell me about the area as I have never been to this side of the country. I will probably have 3-4 weeks to stay here.
      I do not desire anything fancy. Simple but clean and safe is just fine for me
      I will be in C.R. for at least 5 months and maybe stay for good.
      Terry Cook

3 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    • El Encanto and bicylcling

by Aventuroso Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 5:14 PM

We will be staying a few days at El Encanto Bed and Breakfast and are wondering what your experiences have been there. Also, where is a good place to rent bicycles for the route from Puerto Viejo to Manzanillo?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2007 at 9:33 AM