Cahokia Mounds State Park Travel Answers

change location

Camping near Cahokia Mounda

by efsunderland Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I'm planning to visit the Mounds in mid-April 2013. Can anyone suggest a campground somewhere nearby, or if not, an inexpensive motel?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

To find A campground in the vicinity of anywhere in the USA or Candada

by PR-7 Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Go to Woodalls.com

Do a search for campgrounds near the ZIP code of interest (Cahokia Mounds is 63137), filter out any campgrounds that lack the amenities you require, and then check out if the place would meet your needs.

Woodalls has been listing and rating campgrounds since 1936, so their numbers are at least a START. And their ratings are FAR more reliable than anything you're going to find here. Note that Woodalls only lists, but does not rate, campgrounds administered by government entities (state parks, national forests, etc).

I can say NOTHING about ANY of the campgrounds I found by this search, as I've not visited any of them. But you can use their searches to create a list of places to investigate.

Their are several sites that will allow to search for available motels within a map area that you specify, and then noting if such motels are what you are looking for. I've done well by combining Kayak and TripAdvisor; others can suggest other sites.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Camping near Cahokia Mounda

by bocmaxima Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM

There are a number of inexpensive motels in Collisville, right by the Bluff Road interchange (I-70, exit 11). I would probably just look for "Collinsville" on Hotwire.

It's a little early for camping. For instance, the campground at Horseshoe Lake State Park, just to the north of there, does not open until May 1.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cahokia Mounds State Park