Cagayan de Oro City Travel Answers

change location

help on trip to CDO and camiguin

by nam88 Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Hi I would appreciate some help for my upcoming trip in Sep. I am arriving in CDO on 6 Sep at 2.40pm via air. would i have time to check in at the hotel, and then go to Macahambus Adventure Park? how far is the park from the city centre and what time does it close?
ON 7 Sep I plan to go whitewater rafting. i think this would end abt 3pm - any suggestions on how i shd spend the remainder of the day?
on 8 sep i am going to camiguin. i have till 11 sep to spend in camiguin. Is this too long? i need to be in CDO to catch a 3.10pm on sep 11 - what time shd i leave camiguin?
Another alternative i am thinking of is to cut short camiguin and spend i night at Duka Bay. is this advisable or shd i just stick with camiguin from 8-11 sep?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • kalambagohan's Profile Photo

Re: help on trip to CDO and camiguin

by kalambagohan Online Now Aug 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

If you already have hotel reservations, 3pm is not too late to check in. Not really sure what time Macahambus Adventure Park closes but I think it is still open as long as there is still sunlight and that is around 5pm. From downtown to Macahambus Adventure Park is approximately 16 kilometers (5 kilometers away from the airport). Sept. 6 is a Saturday, I suggest you go to downtown area (Divisoria) in the evening and take you dinner in the Night Cafe and look around the Night Market. If your rafting schedule is in the morning, it will end around 1 to 2 pm. You will still have enough time to go to the Macahambus Adventure Park since it is along the way. Sunday is a boring day in CDO. Not much to do and most restaurants/bars close early (12 midnight). If you are still pumped up, go to Malasag Eco Village. For more information about Cagayan de Oro, check this website at http://www.cdoguide.com I think cdoguide is now selling tourist maps of CDO.

As for Camiguin, there is now a direct trip from CDO to Camiguin via Paras Sea Cat (fast craft vessel). Fare is around 500 to 600 Pesos per person. It was recently launched and travel time is only 2 hours. It leaves CDO to Camiguin around 8 am and goes back to CDO at 4 pm. Stay in Camiguin for the entire 3 days. If you have a flight in 3pm, you should leave Camiguin in the morning around 9 or 10am. Since the fast craft leaves 4 pm, you have to take the regular ferry and bus going back to CDO and that takes approximately 3 hours (if there are no delays). You have to be in the airport earlier, like at least 1 hour 1/2. Remember it is SEPT. 11. I think all airports in the country will be on a certain alert level even in the US.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cagayan de Oro City Travel Answer Locations