Caen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Caen airport

by Renie1988 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Hello. I was wondering if there was any way to get to and from the airport from Caen city centre apart from a taxi or car (will have no driver)? Many thanks for your help :)

more
    • Getting to Caen airport

by Renie1988 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Hello. I was wondering if there was any way to get to and from the airport from Caen city centre apart from a taxi or car (will have no driver)? Many thanks for your help :)

10 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Luggage Storage in Caen

by ssburk Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I am arriving into Caen from Portsmouth with luggage. I plan to spend the day at the museum in Caen before taking a train to Bayeux later in the day. Is there a place where I can store my luggage at the rail station or elsewhere?

17 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Dog friendly beaches

by julieleadbeatter Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Any dog friendly beaches in Caen area?

8 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Samjdav's Profile Photo

Caen advice

by Samjdav Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Hi, a few of us are going to caen for the day as foot passengers. We are looking to head to Mondeville 2 for shopping- how far away is this from the ferry port? Do you know the best way we can get there? We have also seen that there is a Saturday morning market in ouistreham. Does anyone know what this market is like and how to get there? Any advice would be kindly recieved!! Many thanks :-)

4 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    • Ferry to Caen, day trip

by jazmo Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Hello! I'm new to this forum and have some questions about a possible day trip to Caen in October.

I'm planning on getting the overnight ferry from Portsmouth due to arrive in Ouistreham at 6.45am. I've not taken the ferry before, does anyone know how long it takes after docking to exit the ferry? Also will anywhere be open at that time for breakfast or are we better off driving to to the center of Caen? How long in the drive from the post to the city centre? Is it easy to park?

As I am planning a day trip, the return ferry back to Portsmouth is at 16.30. Assuming we have to get to the port an hour before hand, is that enough time to visit the castle, eat croissants and have a wander around the town?

Any tips or advice on ferry travel to Caen and what is achievable during such a short trip is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    • hiring a 15 seater bus with driver

by greaser Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i want to hire a 12 to 15 seater bus with driver

• Bus Route 8 in Caen

by karelmare Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

What is route of Bus 8 in Caen from city centre to Stade d' Ornano

6 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

bus service to Mont St Michel

by GentleSpirit Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I know the train doesnt go there directly, is there a bus from Caen that can take me to Mont St Michel or very nearby

5 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • annase's Profile Photo

Any recommendations for nice pubs, clubs and bars?

by annase Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I am in Caen for two nights with my two female friends and wonder what's the local pub, bar and club scene like. Does anyone have any good recommendations? My friends love good, old fashioned English pubs and I love global - especially Latin American. What is the dress code in most places like? Are jeans ok?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Caen Hotel Recommendation

by cl3150 Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

We will be staying in Caen in early September, driving through the area, using Caen as our base, as it is rather central. We are looking for a nice hotel there. So far, I have looked at the Ivan Vautier, which looks very nice, but it is located away from the center and are told its a 20 minute walk to get there. We would like to be within a few minutes walk of the center so that we don't need to drive every time we leave our hotel. I also looked at the Adagio, but it is difficult to tell whether it is a full-service hotel, or a self-service apartment. I also looked at a hotel in Cabourg, but their prices were in the 500 Euro per night range. I'd like to hear whatever suggestions anyone can offer who knows this area and hopefully the hotels.

Thanks.

Carl

9 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Caen centre to Ouistreham?

by Rodaroo Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hello!
      I'm loving Bayeux.
      I will be leaving Caen in a couple days. How do I get from the city to Ouistreham to catch the ferry to UK?
      Is there any kind of shuttle? Or do I have to take a taxi? ,if so how much €€
      My ferry leaves at 8:30am

Thanks for you help
      Rod.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Car Hire while in Caen / Normandy

by Rodaroo Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Hello again...
      I am looking a recommendation for Car Hire company for my visit in Caen.
      There are many suppliers/brokers online, but would rather deal with a reputable company, in good standing.
      Any suggestions would be great! and something close to the rail station.

Thanks so much

4 Answers Jul 7, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    • Help! Has anyone travelled to Caen/Normandy in November???

by kkjohnson521 Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I am planning a trip for my extended family. We have 12 people in our group. (ages 18-70). We would like to visit Paris, Normandy (DDay Beaches) and Mont St. Michel.

The only time we can travel together is over the Thanksgiving holidays.

I keep getting mixed information regarding the weather. How cold is it? How much daylight? (i've heard from as little as 3 hours of daylight to 8 hours.)

I would very much appreciate anyone who has been there in November/December to share their experience with me... I'm so confused. Would you go at that time or put it off for a few years?

Thank you in advance,

KKJ

3 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM
    • Church in Langrune, France, where Maurice Belliere is buried?

by kevin19480 Online Now Jun 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I want to visit and pray at Fr. Belliere's grave, I have been told if I take the bus from Cean to Langrune I just look for the church with the big steeple and the grave yard is next to it. Can anyone verify if this is correct, if this is indeed where he is buried and can I visit the cemetery or is it locked and will I have to prearrange with the church (I do not know its name) to visit his grave, any assistance is greatly appreciated, Kevin

6 Answers Jun 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    • Public transport from Caen to Langrune

by kevin19480 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I am traveling from the US to Normandy to visit many of the sites connected with St. Therese of Lisieux this October and want to visit the grave of Maurice Bellaire in Langrune, I will not have a car, is there public transportation from Caen to Langrune or is there some inexpensive way to visit, I think a taxi would be too expensive, thank you for any assistance or advice

3 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 1:35 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

HI - Hostel in Caen

by Drugness Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Hello all
      Has anyone tried booked accomodation or stayed in this hostel?
      I was on the HI hostel website, and this hostel doesn't take online bookings. So i emailed the hostel and they told me (in broken English) that i had to ring 4 days before my visit to reserve my bed. For me, this is a bit un-nerving since i am worried there will be no beds free if i leave it that late to visit.
      Any thoughts on this anyone?
      DG

2 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    • how do you pronounce caen

by stancollins3 Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 8:39 PM

how do you pronounce Caen?

37 Answers Oct 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    • caen to st malo

by damest Online Now May 8, 2010 at 10:50 AM

is there a train from caen to st malo, or is there a tour of mt st michele from caen

3 Answers May 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    • How to get to Caen from Paris?

by akashg Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Dear friends

i am reaching Paris at around 12:30 pm by flight.please suggest a reasonable and cheapest transport with specific details on how to get to Caen from Paris,with luggage.I need this info soon as I will be coming on May 4.i did find that there are trains from Paris St. Lazerre to Caen.how much does it cost?Can I get a booking on the spot.Also what is the local means of transport in Caen?

2 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    • how do I get from caen to cherbourg and back via public transport??

by lesleydavies Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I'm traveling via brittany ferries to caen, arriving at 0645 on tues 4th may, and will be returning from cherbourg on 5th may. My ferry departs at 1630. Any ideas on trains, coaches, buses anyone???

2 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    • help with accommodation

by akashg Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I am an Indian and coming to Caen as a research student from May to July ,2010 and need to book a hostel for myself at a reasonable price(now I dont know what's a reasonable price in Caen).Can anyone sincerely help me with suggestions. I will be really obliged.Please reply as soon as possible.

2 Answers Apr 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    • chloe96's Profile Photo

Caen places...

by chloe96 Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi everyone
      Me and my family are going to be at caen for the whole day on Wednesday (7.4.2010) I was hoping if anyone knew any good places to see that are not over 20 miles from Caen!!
      Many thanks
      Chloé

5 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    • matt695's Profile Photo

camping and youth hostels and cycling info.

by matt695 Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone help my friend and I we are travelling around the Normandy region by cycle,in April.

is any one know or recommend of any youth hostels that will accommodate cyclists or if there aware of any good camp-sites we are not looking for luxury just some where to get our heads down for the night.

Is there any rules or regulations on cycling in France that are different to the UK other that the obvious one.

Are there any dangerous areas in the region

many thanks
      matt

5 Answers Jan 31, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    • Beauvais to Caen transport

by lanakia23 Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I would like go from beauvais airport to Caen (France), but I don't know what is the most cheap means of transport and his duration. You can help me? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    • noshipsherlock's Profile Photo

B&B Caen or Normandy Environ

by noshipsherlock Online Now Sep 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Will arrive Caen area by trian from Paris for day touring of Normandy beaches. I can stay in Caen or any Normandy city where I can rent a car or take bus tour for the day. Questions:
      1. Which town should I train to so as to either be able to rent a car OR avail of a bus tour?
      2. Any B&B or similarly inexpensive hotel option suggested for THAT city or town?

Merci Beaucoup
      Rolf

1 Answer Oct 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    • looking for a volunteer opportunity in Caen...

by sabrinafairchild Online Now Sep 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Dear all, I'm hoping to be in Caen from fall 2010-spring 2011. I am passionate about volunteer work, but unfortunately I don't know any particular social problems that Caen is faced with. Would anyone who knows the area please give me some insight?

Thank you!

1 Answer Sep 27, 2009 at 2:06 AM
    • car rental

by drdlgonzales Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

We will be arriving in Paris on saturday, 8/8/09 and plan to go to Caen to visit the beaches and memorials. Are the memorials open on sunday becuse I read there are no tours on sunday, also can I rent a car in Caen? Is it better( time wise or price wise) to rent a car in Paris, or Caen or take the train. What is a reasonablly priced hotel (40 to 50 euro).

caen

• Stop-off near Caen

by jennihalton Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Hi there,

I will be driving from Calais to Rennes for my holidays and am looking for somewhere to stop off in the Caen area. We'd like a place that's easily accessible from the A13 / A84 where we can stop off and eat early evening, perhaps with some nice scenery or culture to take in. Any suggestions very much appreciated as we do not know the area at all!

Thanks
      Jenni

5 Answers Jul 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    • St Malo to Caen - Bus Route?

by brmccall Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Hello

Can anyone please tell me how to get from St Malo to Caen? I think there is a train from St Malo to Dol-de Bretagne then from there to Caen.
      But does anyone know if there is a more direct route, e.g. by bus??

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2009 at 2:15 AM
    • Train from Rennes to Caen

by mrsmmr Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hi My OAP mother and her equally elderly friend are flying from dublin to attend my brothers weddings in Caen. One option is to fly to Paris and get a train from the st lazare ? train station. That would require them navigating through the paris metro and being able to figure out what platform their train will leave from. They have no french.
      My two questions are, is there a direct train from Rennes train station? It might be a bit easier to figure out then paris and they can fly to Rennes. Also I notice that caen has a airport, does anyone know if they are any flights into caen airport from the UK ? They are travelling in July.
      Thankyou very much.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM