Caen Travel Answers

change location

Public transport from Caen to Langrune

by kevin19480 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I am traveling from the US to Normandy to visit many of the sites connected with St. Therese of Lisieux this October and want to visit the grave of Maurice Bellaire in Langrune, I will not have a car, is there public transportation from Caen to Langrune or is there some inexpensive way to visit, I think a taxi would be too expensive, thank you for any assistance or advice

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport from Caen to Langrune

by Beausoleil Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM

It's only 18 kilometers. There is a bus if you don't want to take a taxi. It is line 3, CAEN - LUC - COURSEULLES - VER. You can find the schedule at http://www.busverts.fr/

If that doesn't work, try to download the PDF at busverts.fr/upload/fiches_ho...

Anyone in Caen at the bus station or the tourist office will be able to help you.

Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Public transport from Caen to Langrune

by kevin1948 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Thank you so much, can I ask another question. When in Caen, I want to visit the Visitation Convent to pray at the tomb of Leoni Martin (Sister Franciose Therese), the sister of St. Therese. Can you tell me if there is a bus from the train station to the Convent or is it close enough to walk (eg. a mile or two) and do you know if the tomb is open to the public or do I have to arrange something with the Convent to be allowed to enter and pray there, thank you so much, Kevin

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Public transport from Caen to Langrune

by pfsmalo Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Hi,

The only thing I managed to find says this -" For about the last 15 years,the Crypt which holds the mortal remains of Leonie, has been made accessible to the many pilgrims who come to pray at her tomb". So it doesn't look as if it is open to the general public, but if you wrote to the convent asking to be allowed a visit, it does become feasible.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines