Caen Travel Answers

change location
Drugness's Profile Photo

HI - Hostel in Caen

by Drugness Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Hello all
Has anyone tried booked accomodation or stayed in this hostel?
I was on the HI hostel website, and this hostel doesn't take online bookings. So i emailed the hostel and they told me (in broken English) that i had to ring 4 days before my visit to reserve my bed. For me, this is a bit un-nerving since i am worried there will be no beds free if i leave it that late to visit.
Any thoughts on this anyone?
DG

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: HI - Hostel in Caen

by leics Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Alternatively, if you will have internet access when you are away, you could make a booking for a Caen hotel on www.booking.com The vast majority of hotels listed allow free cancellation 24 or 48 hours in advance (but do check the individual hotel policy). Then, if there are no beds in the HI hostel when you phone, you will still have a bed in Caen...and if there are HI beds you can cancel your booking.com booking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Drugness's Profile Photo

Re: HI - Hostel in Caen

by Drugness Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for the replies folks
    And thanks a million for the link to the other hostels. It seems that not many of them are keen on internet bookings at all! I don't speak a word of French either, so the phonecalls could be awkward! :)
    I haven't my mind set on this particular hostel but HI are always reliable in fairness to them.
    Good idea Leics re booking the hotel, it could well be the way to go :)
    If anyone knows any other good hostels in or around Caen i'd love to hear about them!
    Cheers again folks
    DG

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines