Caen Travel Answers

change location

help with accommodation

by akashg Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I am an Indian and coming to Caen as a research student from May to July ,2010 and need to book a hostel for myself at a reasonable price(now I dont know what's a reasonable price in Caen).Can anyone sincerely help me with suggestions. I will be really obliged.Please reply as soon as possible.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: help with accommodation

by leics Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Normally I would suggest the best sites to check for hostels are www.hostelworld.com and www.hostelbookers.com but neither lists Caen.

I can only find this:

hihostels.com/dba/hostels-Ca...

But surely your university (I assume you are working through a university?) will be able to assist with your accommodation search? They are the first people you should contact and the type of hostels listed on the site I've mentioned is not really for long-term stays, just for a few days /a week or so when you arrive.

If you are not linked with a university then I suggest you book a hostel for the first week or so, and look around for a room to rent. This will be much cheaper than a hostel place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mariev's Profile Photo

Re: help with accommodation

by mariev Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Since you are staying more than a week, maybe you could look for a short term furnished rental like Les Temporis
    http://www.lestemporis.com/?lang=en

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines