Caen Travel Answers

change location

Train from Rennes to Caen

by mrsmmr Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hi My OAP mother and her equally elderly friend are flying from dublin to attend my brothers weddings in Caen. One option is to fly to Paris and get a train from the st lazare ? train station. That would require them navigating through the paris metro and being able to figure out what platform their train will leave from. They have no french.
My two questions are, is there a direct train from Rennes train station? It might be a bit easier to figure out then paris and they can fly to Rennes. Also I notice that caen has a airport, does anyone know if they are any flights into caen airport from the UK ? They are travelling in July.
Thankyou very much.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Rennes to Caen

by pfsmalo Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Hi,

difficult to find flights into Caen without a departure airport.....or a date.

For the train, Rennes - Caen, there are 3 trains (ter) per day, cost is 62.5 euros and takes around 3 hours

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Train from Rennes to Caen

by mrsmmr Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Thankyou very much for info on train.Really appreciate it.

I think Caen airport seems to be a non runner. As they are in dublin they can fly to most airports in the UK. Was hoping there was one that connected up with Caen. There is a seasonal flight that travels from bristol. But that is impossible to get to from Ireland in a straight forward manner.

Thank you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines